Mites or Nute Deficiency?

• Thread starter Polcatz89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Polcatz89

Plant right next to her is perfectly fine...green as grass ..same feeding sched.but diff strains...all under led....being fed every other watering w r.o ph'd then aerated for 2 days in a 2quart bucket w 1tblspoon terp tea bloom 1 tblsppon mollases and 2ml cal mag

Mites or nute deficiency
A

ApolloCanna

What pH are you feeding at? Also, are you testing the water again after the 2 days of aeration? im no expert on water but i know pH changes when left open to oxygen.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Root issues, Its having a problem uptaking nutrients. Maybe over watering, bugs, lockout low temps???? More infor in needed and whole plant pics.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The tiny spots on the leaves look a lot like spider mites, but the yellowing leaves underneath looks like a slight nutrient deficiency. I don't grow in water, but it looks like it could be a few issues, although it is hard to diagnose without some more info and maybe more pics from further back that shows the whole plant in addition to closeups. I have had plants that mites loved, but others that were untouched that were growing along side the infested ones. I recommend checking your ppm/Ec if possible to get an idea of how much nutrients are floating around, as well as to check the Ph, as was recommended earlier. Out of kilter Ph ranges can cause deficiency symptoms as well, so the more info that is presented, the better the diagnosis is likely to be.

P

Polcatz89

I dont have an ec or a oh meter..i only have the kit so doesnt work w nutes but ive ohed before at like 6.5 w r.o then down to like 6 after it goes thru the soil....ive aerated just r.o and came up w the same p.h after a cpl...but still w.o nutes...pls feel free to check my other threads for more info and pics...i dont think its mites...figured p toxicity locking out everything else.....other plant is still on same schedule and still looks gorgoues no sign of mites...and the spotssss are crazy all over

mancorn

mancorn

I think nute deficiency or burn. Mite damage is normally small white spots (which will stay white even months after being bit). Mites also like yummy green leaves, not yellow dried up leaves. A cheap jewelers loupe (less then $20 online) is a must have while growing and will give you a definite answer. Look on the bottom side of green leaves (with your loupe) and you can see then crawling around. This looks like brown spots on yellow leaves.

Top Bottom