Mites

• Thread starter Ghostfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghostfarmer

So my friend has just discovered mites on his plants indoors. They are about 30 days from harvest. Need quick solutions most likely homemade, since we r in the middle of nowhere and to order something would take forever.
I have read vinegar may work, get a fan on them, lower the temp in room some, and spray underside with cold water. Thoughts?

H

hawkman

1/2 dawn dish soap to 1/2 water - for future Mammonth P has come out with a pestide - believe it organic)

G

Ghostfarmer

1/2 dawn dish soap to 1/2 water - for future Mammonth P has come out with a pestide - believe it organic)
I'll look it up. Thx again everyone. We ended up having to put them outside. No choice. They had webs and everything all over them this a.m. sucks cuz they were 30 days from harvest so not sure how this is going to effect them. I'm afraid it's going to send them back into veg stage.

H

hawkman

I'll look it up. Thx again everyone. We ended up having to put them outside. No choice. They had webs and everything all over them this a.m. sucks cuz they were 30 days from harvest so not sure how this is going to effect them. I'm afraid it's going to send them back into veg stage.

feel for you had 4 plants infested by them little @#$'s - use the mix - treat and continue to flower - why re-veg ?

G

Ghostfarmer

feel for you had 4 plants infested by them little @#$ - use the mix - treat and continue to flower - why re-veg ?
I read that if the light cycle is to far off, the plants may go back into a veg state. And it will stop production basically.

G

grassmania22

So my friend has just discovered mites on his plants indoors. They are about 30 days from harvest. Need quick solutions most likely homemade, since we r in the middle of nowhere and to order something would take forever.
I have read vinegar may work, get a fan on them, lower the temp in room some, and spray underside with cold water. Thoughts?
vinegar may work, get a fan on them, lower the temp in room some, and spray underside with cold water. -- I believe those will do an awesome work :)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
An alcohol/water mix is said to be good for getting rid of mites and doesn't leave any residue. I used a flea fogger as the pyrethrin breaks down pretty quickly, but if you have webbing, you have a pretty good infestation. I would recommend dunking the whole plant in a trash can (if big plants) of water with a drop or two of dish washing soap, to remove the bugs that are embedded into your bugs and stuff, otherwise you will be smoking them and the sugar secretions that they leave behind, which makes for a black ash and lousy taste/burning. The habanero spray damn near killed me after smoking it and having the pepper residue cause lung and throat irritation. Make sure to rinse well if you pursue this method. Capsaicin doesn't degrade too quickly and since it's oily, it doesn't rinse off easily

G

Ghostfarmer

An alcohol/water mix is said to be good for getting rid of mites and doesn't leave any residue. I used a flea fogger as the pyrethrin breaks down pretty quickly, but if you have webbing, you have a pretty good infestation. I would recommend dunking the whole plant in a trash can (if big plants) of water with a drop or two of dish washing soap, to remove the bugs that are embedded into your bugs and stuff, otherwise you will be smoking them and the sugar secretions that they leave behind, which makes for a black ash and lousy taste/burning. The habanero spray damn near killed me after smoking it and having the pepper residue cause lung and throat irritation. Make sure to rinse well if you pursue this method. Capsaicin doesn't degrade too quickly and since it's oily, it doesn't rinse off easily
Thx. Gonna dunk them here probably tomorrow. The buds are still growing even though I put them outside. I just wanna get rid of the buggers before harvest

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's bad timing. If they were mine I would try and vacuum them as best as possible as was mentioned (Then burn the bag... seriously..) and then hit them with a sulphur burner. 5 hrs per day for 3 days, then 3 hrs every other day for a week.

Outdoors might not be a bad solution as natural predators might take care of the problem. You can rig up a simple blackout tarp to keep the photoperiod if necessary.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

indoors, then lower temps might help slowing mite infestation, no...though trade-off on its effect on plants.

Top Bottom