Mix Rates?

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

the root pack says to use 5g/liter....that seems like a lot...SN piranah recomends 1g/liter of their product....why does your product require much higher mix rates if it is more concentrated?

im only asking because you say you sell the best product for the lowest price, but it just took a lb of root pack for one rez...which is kind of rediculous, i was hoping i bought enough for 2-3 res changes...

so is the label correct in saying 5g/liter?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Good question, @Capulator ?
I had the same question 1-2yrs ago when I first used the OGBiowar products.. Seemed like ten times the dosage amounts I was used to.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1 tsp (5 grams) per liter is only the recommended dosage for root and foliar packs. If you are making tea you may dilute substantially. You may also use less if you like. Sometimes I use less and sometimes more. I guess it depends on what I am trying to accomplish. If you are having very good success with piranha at that dosage then you can by logic use the same amount or a lot less of OG BIOWAR.

advanced-piranhaliquid-l.gif

The Nute pack has the mycorrhizae @ 125 spores/gram each species. No ecto mycos (RHizopogon). Those are useless on most edible crops, but very good for oak trees.
Root pack has the trichoderma, pseudomonas, and a lot more @ 5 billion spores/gram each (100+ x more concentrated)

The nute pack is 1/4 tsp/L so pretty much the same rate.
The root pack is 5 grams/L so it's a lot more when compared to piranha, but if you are using the root pack you may make a tea of it and dilute it to below application rates of piranha.

Also, Nute pack is to be applied early in veg, and when transplanting up. Root pack is at your discretion but a tea every 7-10 days does my garden very well.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

1 tsp (5 grams) per liter is only the recommended dosage for root and foliar packs. If you are making tea you may dilute substantially. You may also use less if you like. Sometimes I use less and sometimes more. I guess it depends on what I am trying to accomplish. If you are having very good success with piranha at that dosage then you can by logic use the same amount or a lot less of OG BIOWAR.

advanced-piranhaliquid-l.gif

The Nute pack has the mycorrhizae @ 125 spores/gram each species. No ecto mycos (RHizopogon). Those are useless on most edible crops, but very good for oak trees.
Root pack has the trichoderma, pseudomonas, and a lot more @ 5 billion spores/gram each (100+ x more concentrated)

The nute pack is 1/4 tsp/L so pretty much the same rate.
The root pack is 5 grams/L so it's a lot more when compared to piranha, but if you are using the root pack you may make a tea of it and dilute it to below application rates of piranha.

Also, Nute pack is to be applied early in veg, and when transplanting up. Root pack is at your discretion but a tea every 7-10 days does my garden very well.

thx for the info and reply

its also worth noting that piranha liquid and piranha powder are not the same formulas...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
For sure @Joe Fresh

The powder actually looks less concentrated. I would trust a powder of most liquids concerning shelf life.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

thx for cleaaring that up cap, it can be confusing for someone who doe not understand the concentration levels, the only thing i understood clearly on the package was the inert ingredients section, lol

i guess next order i will need atleast 3-4 kg of root pack....i heard something about you selling 5gal tubs? what sizes do you have that are bigger than a single key? ur website shows a kg being the biggest package u sell..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thx for cleaaring that up cap, it can be confusing for someone who doe not understand the concentration levels, the only thing i understood clearly on the package was the inert ingredients section, lol

i guess next order i will need atleast 3-4 kg of root pack....i heard something about you selling 5gal tubs? what sizes do you have that are bigger than a single key? ur website shows a kg being the biggest package u sell..

Theres a 10 kilo bucket. You will save 10% that way. JUst hit me up when you need it and I will see what I can do.

B

bedo

funny thing, i do alot of my research through university papers and researches, and in 2012 i was looking for a product that had "pseudomonas chlororaphis 63-28" strain, the sudys i found show it to be an amazing pythium repressant/fighter...but i have still not found a product with this strain of pseudomonas chlororaphis ...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=232256

Cap,

I am searching your thread for any info on your bennies (root pack specifically) and pythium. I am about to turnover my ebb and flo that uses expanded clay pellets.
-Should I be using hygrozme in the cleaning process since I use root pack with each rez change?

-Does it matter if I kill off bennies by using hot water, remove as much root matter as possible, and then do a clean using 3% h202? I had a gnat problem that I fixed with gnatrol this past grow and want to be sure to kill off all larvae as I have more clay from same source.

-Since I apply your root pack to all rez changes, won't that just reinoculate the pellets fine?

-Any comment on the post above regarding that particular strain in your mix?

Thanks
bedo

Latest posts

Top Bottom