Mixed coco and pro mix

• Thread starter Burnwun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burnwun

Burnwun

I had 6 master kush’s in 7 gal pots, in a coco/perlite mix and decided to transplant 3 of them into 15 gal pots which contained promix bx. Ive been feeding my girls every watering and im wondering what i should change now that they’re not in 100% coco/perlite. Should i lower the dosage of nutrients of just give them plain ph’d water? The dude at the hydro store said all he does is give water to plants in promix.

I use generalhydro flora series.
Keeping watering ph @ 5.5-5.9.
ppm’s roughly 1050- 1250.

Mixed coco and pro mix
Mixed coco and pro mix 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use Promix and it doesn't need much other than some nutes. Nothing too strong and you should be fine. I like to keep mine watered since Promix won't drown the roots and usually water either daily or every other day once growing well. Promix is great but doesn't contain any nutrients other than some Ph buffers. I mix about 20% composted manure in mine to provide plenty of micronutrients.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use Promix and it doesn't need much other than some nutes. Nothing too strong and you should be fine. I like to keep mine watered since Promix won't drown the roots and usually water either daily or every other day once growing well. Promix is great but doesn't contain any nutrients other than some Ph buffers. I mix about 20% composted manure in mine to provide plenty of micronutrients.

I learned recently that even though promix professional bales like HP and BX do contain a starter fertilizer charge like the canadian bales even though pro mix has taken it off the american labels. Mine was 1.2-1.4ec (600-700 ppm) poured through straight out of the bale.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I learned recently that even though promix professional bales like HP and BX do contain a starter fertilizer charge like the canadian bales even though pro mix has taken it off the american labels. Mine was 1.2-1.4ec (600-700 ppm) poured through straight out of the bale.
Could the initial high PPMs be coming from the buffering compounds, especially in the beginning when things are looser in the medium and less likely to have dissipated into the mix? I thought that any added nutrients had to be listed in some form. I would imagine Promix and just about anything will have some nutritional value unless it is heavily processed, but I wasn't aware that Promix had anything added to it other than carbonates (I think). The Promix potting soil is a different beast and comes chock full o goodies, but I don't think that is what we are talking about. I'm easily confused!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Could the initial high PPMs be coming from the buffering compounds, especially in the beginning when things are looser in the medium and less likely to have dissipated into the mix? I thought that any added nutrients had to be listed in some form. I would imagine Promix and just about anything will have some nutritional value unless it is heavily processed, but I wasn't aware that Promix had anything added to it other than carbonates (I think). The Promix potting soil is a different beast and comes chock full o goodies, but I don't think that is what we are talking about. I'm easily confused!

The rep said it is not on the label because of different states and their different fertilizer labeling laws. But it is exactly the same pro mix hp etc. as sold in canada and labeled with the fertilizer starter charge.

When i bought it almost 6 years ago it said on the bale “starter fertilizer charge”. Or something close to that.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The rep said it is not on the label because of different states and their different fertilizer labeling laws. But it is exactly the same pro mix hp etc. as sold in canada and labeled with the fertilizer starter charge.

When i bought it almost 6 years ago it said on the bale “starter fertilizer charge”. Or something close to that.
Checked their site and after a little digging, I came across this tidbit:

CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS: PRO-MIX® HP MYCORRHIZAE™ contains a balanced nutrient charge to promote initial plant development. During the course of crop production, it is necessary to initiate a fertilization program.

So... good call and I learned something new today. I knew there wasn't much in it and assumed it was just a residual from the products used. You know what happens when you assume??☹

Latest posts

Top Bottom