Mixed messages for feeding plants

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m always reading contradictory feeding advice for plants and hopefully the grow experts can provide some clarity on this issue. Some growers say “always feed half strength what directions recommend” and other growers say cannabis is a heavy feeder and needs various NPK nutrients at different times of growing season. Any thoughts why this info contradicts itself? FYI I’m an outdoor grower with 3 in ground and one in a 15 gallon plastic pot this year, all in coast of Maine Stonington blend and FF liquid trios and 3 different bloom boosters. I give “heavy feed” amounts on labels every other watering.

TSBG

TSBG

Each pheno and strain will feed different. You can pop 3 seeds from the same pack and all 3 plants can be different feeders. Better to start off low and add as needed. If you see signs she's hungry....bump the feed up. If she stays healthy....leave the feed be. If she burns....back off. But it's always better to start off with less. Good luck, hope this helps.

Madbud

Madbud

Each plant is unique, if i fed all the same some will show clawing while another will have burnt tips and some will do fine. I grow outdoor in 5-7 gallon bags of foxfarm soils and use their nutes at half strength, usually followed by a good watering a couple hours later or a day of rain. It ain’t designer but the price is right.

Top Bottom