Mixed results on my ph?

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

My pH was fine until I did a transplant into happy farm due to some pot choice issues ,but ever since I transplanted to happy frog says I’m about 7.5 on one meter ,and then the powder test comes back at 6.5 I have left pics

7.5 or 6.5?

Mixed results on my ph
Mixed results on my ph 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My pH was fine until I did a transplant into happy farm due to some pot choice issues ,but ever since I transplanted to happy frog says I’m about 7.5 on one meter ,and then the powder test comes back at 6.5 I have left pics

7.5 or 6.5?
Hi, I don't like your testers and it depends on how and when you collect your run off sample. To get a good runoff sample you should suck off/ wet vac all initial runoff 10% and sample the last water that leaks out. That will tell you what your plants are living in. I like 6.5 and let it hover between 6.25 & 6.75 without using Up or down. If it goes beyond I'll use the appropriate counter product. I don't trust the stick type testers ( maybe just me) and I can't judge the color chart accurately enough. I just use a cheap digital type. Keeping it clean and away from drops on concrete floors seems to help.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Look up slurry test.
I'd like to argue that with you Agua man. On new soil or unknown fresh soil with out plants sure to get a baseline. Once the plant is up and growing with a root ball ...I'd say no to the slurry test. My reason is what are you looking for? The plants soil's ph numbers. If your runoff test shows 5.00 you can be pretty sure you have low ph. A slurry test will be more accurate but it won't be showing an 7.00 ph, it may show 5.10 or 4.90 regardless the problem will require the same solution and damaging the roots by getting a slurry test sample from the plants core is unnecessary and I might add is a pain in the ass to do with a large plant. This of course is all imho I know not ass an old man.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd like to argue that with you Agua man. On new soil or unknown fresh soil with out plants sure to get a baseline. Once the plant is up and growing with a root ball ...I'd say no to the slurry test. My reason is what are you looking for? The plants soil's ph numbers. If your runoff test shows 5.00 you can be pretty sure you have low ph. A slurry test will be more accurate but it won't be showing an 7.00 ph, it may show 5.10 or 4.90 regardless the problem will require the same solution and damaging the roots by getting a slurry test sample from the plants core is unnecessary and I might add is a pain in the ass to do with a large plant. This of course is all imho I know not ass an old man.
Was a fresh transplant is why I say this. I agree with you on established plants.

Also OP fresh soil with organics can take some time to stabilize the ph. Imho you don't need to ph feeds for soul with organics and unless the plants are showing issues I wouldn't read to much into it. Plants have the ability to kind of adjust the ph of the soil to thier needs to an extent and cannabis actually does well in a wide range. Just not ph swings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom