Mixing 5 gallons of nutrients at once

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Can I mix 5 gallons of nutrients at once? I’m tired of mixing nutrients per plant haha. So if the chart calls for per gallon. I’d just mix @ 5 times the amount for 5 gallons?

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I would think yes as you are watering what the plant needs to your regimen. IE 20% R U N N O F T.... LOL someone will get that spelling... I hope HA.
Me... in living color soil...no runoff.
I probably shouldn't give advice on something I have zero experience with though lol.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I would think yes as you are watering what the plant needs to your regimen. IE 20% R U N N O F T.... LOL someone will get that spelling... I hope HA.
Me... in living color soil...no runoff.
I probably shouldn't give advice on something I have zero experience with though lol.
I understand fully how to water. Just asking if I can mix 5 gallons of nutrient solution, as I usually do for 1 gallon, except 5 times the amount all at once. Then split a gallon or so each between the 4 plants.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sure, I mix mine in 2 gallon jugs all the time, I just use 2x, in your case 5X hope this helps

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I understand fully how to water. Just asking if I can mix 5 gallons of nutrient solution, as I usually do for 1 gallon, except 5 times the amount all at once. Then split a gallon or so each between the 4 plants.
I would think that would be perfectly fine. Just water as normal.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
People running RDWC often have systems using large volumes of nutes but the solution is aerated (generally) and recirculating; you can still get the salts coming out of solution. How long do you plan to store it? Depending on how complicated your recipe is (or if you are using some silica) you may find it salting out.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
People running RDWC often have systems using large volumes of nutes but the solution is aerated (generally) and recirculating; you can still get the salts coming out of solution. How long do you plan to store it? Depending on how complicated your recipe is (or if you are using some silica) you may find it salting out.
I plan on using it all at once. Currently watering my 3 gallon fabs a gallon each with 15% runoff. If I Water all 4 plants, I’m assuming I’ll have about 20% run off with little to nothing left over. And yes, dyna gro foliage pro and protekt which is silica.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah man, I mix 20 gallons at a time and it will last me about 3 days in full bloom, and I'm considering stepping that up to a 50 gal so I can go all week on a single res. Important that you use a quality nutrient that remains ph stable. Limit or omit organic stuff in the res.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yeah man, I mix 20 gallons at a time and it will last me about 3 days in full bloom, and I'm considering stepping that up to a 50 gal so I can go all week on a single res. Important that you use a quality nutrient that remains ph stable. Limit or omit organic stuff in the res.
Plan on using all at once. Storing none. Thanks brotha.

Top Bottom