Mixing Great White Mycorrhizae Solution For Seedlings

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys.im just about to up pot some 5 day old seedlings .directions say 5g per 7 ltr .......Would it be wise to go half strength....im using it in half soil half coco/coir

Cheers max

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

are u talkin to yourself bud?did someone answer and have theyr post deleted?a wee sprinkle wen transplanting is exactly what i do.dont freak out if next time u go to check em,after givin the myco,there's what looks like mold on the soil.its not mold its the GW and it means its working.

Madmax

Madmax

Nar..i decided to google instead of being lazy...i got a little couch locked and couldnt move.toothpicks keeping me eyes open...

Thanks Mr Bee.thats great to know..first time ive actually used coco/perlite with compost and after 5 days root is coming out of 4 inch pot.i normally put them in ground next but their final resting place isnt ready just yet.ive added more soil into the mix from where they will reside and some worm pellets for less shock when i transplant.i was actually going to mix it in solution to the mix but after seeing a few vids it seems it works better directly to the roots..

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Mycorrhizae are only relevant in organic based soils, where they can aid in making nutrients available. Since you are doing something bizarre with half soil, half coco (why, inquiring minds want to know), I have no idea what the results will be, but I suspect you are wasting time and money.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Just sprinkle some into the hole and on the roots. Thats all i do on each transplant

Madmax

Madmax

Mycorrhizae are only relevant in organic based soils, where they can aid in making nutrients available. Since you are doing something bizarre with half soil, half coco (why, inquiring minds want to know), I have no idea what the results will be, but I suspect you are wasting time and money.
Actually its 10 parts soil 5 parts coco/perlite 5 parts organic compost..my soil is sandy loam .if you put seeds in it and water it it goes to shit.....i tried an alternative to aerate the soil and organ8 compost to give the soil more tevture..its not wasting no ones time mate..my holes out back have horse shit,cow shit.,chook shit organic compost.oyster shell.kelpmeal.bloodnbone.powdered sulphur etc.will b using an all in one supplement in soluble form with an abundance of minerals,complex sugars,natural plant hormones,amino acids,humic acids,azomite etc etc..fulvic acid and will b using aloe and kelp ferment organic fertilizer..
Shes all good mate..

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Actually its 10 parts soil 5 parts coco/perlite 5 parts organic compost..my soil is sandy loam .if you put seeds in it and water it it goes to shit.....i tried an alternative to aerate the soil and organ8 compost to give the soil more tevture..its not wasting no ones time mate..my holes out back have horse shit,cow shit.,chook shit organic compost.oyster shell.kelpmeal.bloodnbone.powdered sulphur etc.will b using an all in one supplement in soluble form with an abundance of minerals,complex sugars,natural plant hormones,amino acids,humic acids,azomite etc etc..fulvic acid and will b using aloe and kelp ferment organic fertilizer..
Shes all good mate..
That's much harder than I do. I get 2 to 3 lbs a plant without it.

Madmax

Madmax

I just tried something a little different..i only get bit over a pound a plant.ive got to watch the height as i cant go over ,so ive just been using any old strain.normally i just use the soil from where they will reside but i ammended it and waiting for it to settle down.soil was around 7.3 7.4 which it never has been and ideally want it around 6.8.it usually 7.0 its still a little fresh here so as it warms up i will see if the soil will move toward acidic and the micro organisms start waking up .ive always put them straight in there home around 5 days .i know using coco that calcium gets hold of the fibres and is not easily released.there isnt any coco in those holes ive dug.but i have been thinking of using a little to help lower ph.but i dont think i will i have some fine composted pine bark which should drop ph a little.i did put a small 5 litre bag of spaghnum in there to help.ive used a handful of sulphur.but a cup of oyster shell which i think has made ph go upwards .its either that or the composted cow manure was alkaline.i couldnt find my soil probe so i used 1 tbl spoon soil to 5 distilled water finding out what ph is.using ph pen,ive got a propper blue lab soil tester coming and will see what readings are in the holes.theres a litlle bit of activity in there..
20180920 114537
20180920 114039

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

well, to be honest, I think most people who pursue organics, which I actually do, mildly, do so so out of a hobby interest rather than a production interest. If you read the top thread in my sig, I'm pretty organic, just not religious about it. I have Winecap mushrooms growing in my beds, I plow in a lot of manure compost in the spring, etc. But the complexity that you list is just silly to me. I mean, you can't have tested the addition of each component? Everything I do is the result of 40 years of experiementation, with an emphasis on simplicty. All I do is build up soil, year after year, with compost, and fertilize the shit out of it with a mild feltilizer ( BOtanicare, Alaska fish). Simple gets me yield and quality that I am pleased with. It just seems like you're making something easy into something hard. Not trying to diss on you, just offering my thoughts.

To be clear my operating thoery is, the soil is a mildly nutritive substrate. I needs to offer good drainage and good pH. I intend to supplement the soil with weekly feedings of fertilizer. I don;t like the super soil concept, because it count's on the soil on having the right blend of nutrients at different stages in the plant life cycle. It is inarguable that a boost of P and K in the late stages works, you can't do that with organic soil approaches, and that leaves yield on the table. Weed responds well to changing the nutrient mix throughout it's life, and you can't do that readily with organic soil approaches.

Which returns me to my thesis statement - organic growers are inherently hobby growers. I hope everyone reading this will take it for the fun it is meant in. :-)

Madmax

Madmax

Nar its all good dude.i understand what you mean.over the last 30 yrs ive only used composted manures ,.mushroom cmpost etc...just using fish emulsion and worm liquid etc In that area you see there and this is the first time.ive ever used sulphur .oyster meal.kelp meal etc and practically everything ive mentioned.so im just trying something a little different and put a little nutrients into the soil.and see what comes of it.the organic fertilizer i will use once a fortnight in between ill b useing the water supplement..ill use one plant and none the other just to compare.im gonna have a bit of fun and maybe learn something.but i agree with you more is less...

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Nar its all good dude.i understand what you mean.over the last 30 yrs ive only used composted manures ,.mushroom cmpost etc...just using fish emulsion and worm liquid etc In that area you see there and this is the first time.ive ever used sulphur .oyster meal.kelp meal etc and practically everything ive mentioned.so im just trying something a little different and put a little nutrients into the soil.and see what comes of it.the organic fertilizer i will use once a fortnight in between ill b useing the water supplement..ill use one plant and none the other just to compare.im gonna have a bit of fun and maybe learn something.but i agree with you more is less...
Botanicare is pretty orgo, and it works. That's all I'm saying.

IMG 20180921 162836
IMG 20180921 074636
IMG 20180921 162828
IMG 20180921 074625
Madmax

Madmax

They look beautiful mate..just checked soil earlier the 5 holes range from 6.4 to 7.0..with the new blue lab soil probe..didnt expect that..the metal probe which i found was telling me they were all 7.0 lol..shes in the bin now..i will amend a couple just a little more..pretty happy where they are at.

3 balls

3 balls

Are you saying mycorrhizae serves no purpose in coco? Is this opinion or fact? To be honest, I only use it because a friend suggested it. The shits expensive, if this is common knowledge I would love to save some money. To be specific I use Great White mycorrhizae in Royal Gold Tupur coco. Thanks to anybody who can clear this up.

Madmax

Madmax

Honestly from using it i cant see any difference in the plants growth....mycos is spose to get nutrients for plants where plant roots cant reach...well in a pot roots can get the nutes you feed just it just fine.ive used it like twice and really cant tell..im in soil outdoors..ive pulled out some peas that started growing under peastraw and had white stuff all over the pea.plants are healty but as i said cant tell jack lol..

3 balls

3 balls

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

You literally cannot use too much mycorrhizae. As long as it's a stand alone inoculant push HARD. The more endomycorrhizae colonizes the more surface area you have in the rhizosphere to bring nutrient solution into the plant

3 balls

3 balls

You literally cannot use too much mycorrhizae. As long as it's a stand alone inoculant push HARD. The more endomycorrhizae colonizes the more surface area you have in the rhizosphere to bring nutrient solution into the plant
I went to a Life In Your Soil seminar at CannaCon and understood about every 3rd word.:) If I could ask two questions please. 1. I do benefit from using it in coco? 2. Not only do I use Great White but I use Regalia bio fungicide, both are spendy. It seems really weird to supplement beneficial fungi and also root drench with fungicide. I talked to the Regalia rep. and he said it's two different types. Any thoughts on this?

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I went to a Life In Your Soil seminar at CannaCon and understood about every 3rd word.:) If I could ask two questions please. 1. I do benefit from using it in coco? 2. Not only do I use Great White but I use Regalia bio fungicide, both are spendy. It seems really weird to supplement beneficial fungi and also root drench with fungicide. I talked to the Regalia rep. and he said it's two different types. Any thoughts on this?
Once you inoculate your media sufficiently with a few applications, you can keep you colonies healthy and full by making sure you run some simple sugars through your solution and reintroduce your bacteria/fungi once a week or so

Top Bottom