Mixing larger batches (word 4 + word 5)

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

I put in a 65 gallon tank for the veg room only. I was mixing smaller batches, say 20 gallons.. then up to 40 and 50. I had these beakers and using those was ok, but they were off. I knew about how much and it wasn't a big deal with say a 5 or even 10 gallon run, but I wanted it exact. I bought 3 graduated cylinders because it was my understanding that they were accurate but that beakers were generally not.

The way I have been doing it in the past was to use a chart say for 60 gallons, but mix that into 50 gallons. Then add more RO/DI water to it and dilute it down to ~600 PPM. 60 gallons is 14 days or even a little more. The problem this run is that I had these new cylinders, I was pumped that they looked all pro and I assumed they were accurate. Because I got distracted I filled the tank to 60 gallons before I remembered to turn off the system. I thought it was no problem, and I went with the 60 gallon mix chart and even a little heavy on bottom end (nitrogen). I end up with 387 PPM. Fack. Perfect PH though at 6.0 first try.

So here I am thinking once everything is added its not like I can go back and add more because I'm out of sequence. Temporary solution is running an extra feed cycle every day (total of 3) at one minute a pop. I am thinking of mixing a 5 gallon batch at like 2000 PPM and dumping that into the main tank. Will that cause problems? The plants look good, there are some weird things with the leaves but they grow at an insane rate and I have none of the CalMag problems I had with the previous run. Running them 387 is fine with me if it doesn't hurt the plant and even slows them down some. I am hung up with being able to get the last remaining parts to plumb the flower room. For now they are getting a crewcut every week to keep them out of the lights.

Pondracer

Pondracer

So far the plants look fine at 387 PPM and I don't really need anymore growth, I am trimming them now to keep them out of the LEDs.

Top Bottom