Mixing nutes during flower in soil

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

I hear and read that many growers rely on tds or ec readings when preparing their nutes during flower. I’m still new at this. I just flipped mine and have changed to a blooming agent that I give every other watering per mfg directions along with a weekly dose of CalMag+. When I mix the blooming agent in my r/o the tds comes out around 450. I grow in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and my plants look great but I can’t help but feel that I’m not giving them enough. I’ve attached a current pic.
Mixing nutes during flower in soil 2

Mixing nutes during flower in soil
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They look fine. I might turn my light down slightly if it has a dimmer.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks and it does. Do you mix your nutrients according to concentration measurements or do you let bottle directions and plant appearance guide you.
We don't use nutes that way. We grow organic. We don't add to the soil.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just keep doing what your doing, they look fine.
do as @ComfortablyNumb suggested.

Scar818

Scar818

I add insane amount of nutes, but that’s because i try to get weight and im commercial. But i am using coco and co2 augmentation. For people who do not use co2 its best to keep ur ppm under 1000, probably around 500-800. I wish i could give you more but i dont use organic either.

Mugwort

Mugwort

I add insane amount of nutes, but that’s because i try to get weight and im commercial. But i am using coco and co2 augmentation. For people who do not use co2 its best to keep ur ppm under 1000, probably around 500-800. I wish i could give you more but i dont use organic either.
I’m not growing organic either and I think all recreational growers want weight as well as commercial growers. Like I said when I mix my nutes per bottle directions the tds is < 500! The last six weeks of flower I’m will start using Atami’s “Bloombastic” which I used my last grow with good success (the 3rd grow in my life). There must be some space between what I’m doing and a scenario of nutrient lockout and pH problems.

mancorn

mancorn

Your plants look great. But they’re 2’ tall, so no reason to think that you’d want the same concentration of nutrients that an outdoor grower with a 10’ plant needs. You should test over time your EC from your runoff in comparison to your feed. If your runoff is way lower than your feed then you have room to increase your PPM. If it’s somewhat lower then you’re in the sweet spot, and if it’s higher then you’re overdoing it. (I’d add that your FFOF soil is going to throw off your EC readings, as it contains some slow release organics.)

This article explains how to test your runoff EC:

Mugwort

Mugwort

Your plants look great. But they’re 2’ tall, so no reason to think that you’d want the same concentration of nutrients that an outdoor grower with a 10’ plant needs. You should test over time your EC from your runoff in comparison to your feed. If your runoff is way lower than your feed then you have room to increase your PPM. If it’s somewhat lower then you’re in the sweet spot, and if it’s higher then you’re overdoing it. (I’d add that your FFOF soil is going to throw off your EC readings, as it contains some slow release organics.)

This article explains how to test your runoff EC:

🙏...thank you so much mancorn!

Mugwort

Mugwort

🙏...thank you so much mancorn!
I switched to fabric pots from ceramic this grow. I found myself obsessively testing the runoff pH and tds from the runoff reservoir under the pot (I overfed and caused pH problems and burn with first grow). There is little runoff, if any most of the time, with the Vivosun fabric pots with my plants appearing to be getting enough water. I’ll put a collection vessel underneath for one plant and try this. Thanks again!

Top Bottom