Mixing question

• Thread starter Fr3nzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Mixing nutrients with cal mag? Just add the tsp into my solution? Or mix solution into pre diluted calmag? I know mixing things a certain way can help ph swing. Just not sure if it would apply to this. Also next question using a 20 20 20 what is a ideal ppm range. I burnt my plants last time, this time I made a 100ppm solution and tested It on a plant. It is now the tallest. But could i go more? I see why people mix there own so they know how many ppm per macro nutrient they are getting. I'd figure there is no real way of knowing how many ppm of what macro nutrient I'm getting saying I'm sure the micronutrients also make up some of the total ppm.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Mixing nutrients with cal mag? Just add the tsp into my solution? Or mix solution into pre diluted calmag? I know mixing things a certain way can help ph swing. Just not sure if it would apply to this. Also next question using a 20 20 20 what is a ideal ppm range. I burnt my plants last time, this time I made a 100ppm solution and tested It on a plant. It is now the tallest. But could i go more? I see why people mix there own so they know how many ppm per macro nutrient they are getting. I'd figure there is no real way of knowing how many ppm of what macro nutrient I'm getting saying I'm sure the micronutrients also make up some of the total ppm.
I use these 2 products in combination;
Screenshot 20200512 205524 Gallery

Mix the nutrients first, then add the Cal Mag, then check and adjust pH

These are all approximate PPM and they depend on the size of the plants, the overall health excetera

• Seedlings I don't feed
  • Early veg 200 - 300
  • Veg 300 - 550
  • Bloom 550 - 850
I used those two products and nothing else to grow this plant
20190629 132412

Hope that helped, if you have further questions I'll be around in the morning, good luck!

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Dude your awesome!!!! I use the schultz 20 20 20 aswell. But use the botanicare calmag. All other plants I have watered just with cal mag. And didnt know if I was ready for nutrients so tried a small dose to see if any adverse effects lol

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

(1)If use tap water, you don't need to use calmag (only in the seedling stage and the early stage of plant growth, around the fourth week of flowering).

It's tap water + nutrient solution + pH down or pH up

(3)If use RO water, then according to the( emerald havest) I use, I need to match 5ml of calmag first, then the nutrient solution, and finally in the ph down or up。

If you are going to add silicon to the nutrient solution, then RO water- silicon - (pH 6.0) - calmag -nutrient solution -adjust pH

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

(1)If use tap water, you don't need to use calmag (only in the seedling stage and the early stage of plant growth, around the fourth week of flowering).

(3)If use RO water, then according to the( emerald havest) I use, I need to match 5ml of calmag first, then the nutrient solution, and finally in the ph down or up。

If you are going to add silicon to the nutrient solution, then RO water- silicon - (pH 6.0) - calmag -nutrient solution -adjust pH

There's no need to struggle with ppm. If you are hydroponics, what kind of hydroponics is it? Rock wool hydroponics? Fog ? Aeroponics ? You didn't make it clear. When you adjust the nutrient solution, if the PPM exceeds the standard, just dilute some water to keep the ppm in normal state

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is not correct because there's no Cal Mag in the fertilizer that OP is using

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I bought a ro for this, my tap water is well over 500 ppm, and I'm using soil. Just needed a safe range and beach nailed it lol. I mixed last night at 360 ppm ended with 5.7ph. Guess I did miss a big question. Is this typically a bi weekly feeding?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I use these 2 products in combination;
View attachment 972156

Mix the nutrients first, then add the Cal Mag, then check and adjust pH

These are all approximate PPM and they depend on the size of the plants, the overall health excetera

• Seedlings I don't feed
  • Early veg 200 - 300
  • Veg 300 - 550
  • Bloom 550 - 850
I used those two products and nothing else to grow this plant
View attachment 972165

Hope that helped, if you have further questions I'll be around in the morning, good luck!
Dude , calmag after
This is not correct because there's no Cal Mag in the fertilizer that OP is using
? Bro, what is that mean ? op?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I bought a ro for this, my tap water is well over 500 ppm, and I'm using soil. Just needed a safe range and beach nailed it lol. I mixed last night at 360 ppm ended with 5.7ph. Guess I did miss a big question. Is this typically a bi weekly feeding?
bi week ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom