MMA "smack talk"

• Thread starter wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wonka

wonka

like been stated,, this has gone past ufc 100 and instead of posting a thread for every ppv by any organization,,, post your thoughts about anything mma here... speaking of.. i am really hoping that bj does away with ken flo in phili.... although i must say ken flo has looked on top of his game in his last 3 fights... going to be a very good fight... i have always liked penn and hope that he wins but ken flo has all the tools to win and hold the belt for along time...

R

rottenjohn

I am hoping penn puts him away and shuts him up. Personally I think they should have thrown sherk in front of kenny all over again to see if he has what is takes to get that loss back. I wasn't all that impressed with his hit and run on huerta but it got him the W.

Its sad we won't get to see barnett fight fedor since he is, and has been a juicer for a long time now. This is his third positive test. First one didn't mean shit because it was back when they were doing studies to see if steroids were hand in hand with mma fighters.

If the stars align right we may get to see fedor fight in the octagon but that may be a long shot. As far as lesnar goes, the more fights and time he gets in the gym the harder its gonna be to beat him. But I am happy to go along for the ride.

B

been

BJ is uninteresting to me at lightweight. I'm really looking forward to Griffin vs Silva though. It's going to be fireworks and highlights.

B

been

I hear Fedor isn't going to the UFC because Dana White wouldn't let him enter any other comps.

P

Professor P

BJ is uninteresting to me at lightweight. I'm really looking forward to Griffin vs Silva though. It's going to be fireworks and highlights.

that would be a good fight!!! they are both tough mo fos!! :joint:

R

rottenjohn

I hear Fedor isn't going to the UFC because Dana White wouldn't let him enter any other comps.

We will have to wait and see, at the end of the day money talks and well... you know the rest. Everyone has their price. Putting together a lesnar fedor fight could break 2 million ppv buys. ufc 100 did over 1.5 million and thats roughly 67 million. LOL If they can bring in fedor we would see the matchups that we never dreamed.

B

been

I also heard something like Fedor's management wants contracts for his whole camp and Dana's not having it.

E

easypleasie

I really liked Penn but he's disappointed me so many times now. Dude has some skills but doesn't put it together when it counts. Whatever happened to Carlos Newton?

R

rottenjohn

I also heard something like Fedor's management wants contracts for his whole camp and Dana's not having it.

Yea, thats danas story from the first set of negotiations. This time around the ufc has a better selection of heavies than any other org atm and fedor's camp has stated that they want brock. Also the ufc heads have never actually met fedor, just his manager and I am sure a lot of stuff gets lost in translation. LOL
This M-1 global company that basically rides on the money maker that fedor is needs to dissolve or fedor needs to give them the boot and find a guy that will get him the best deal period. I would prefer the deal be done with the ufc, it would be nice to introduce fedor to the masses instead of him heading back to japan where you gotta stay up till 3 am just to the start of the dream fights, and I am one of those that does. LOL

R

rottenjohn

I really liked Penn but he's disappointed me so many times now. Dude has some skills but doesn't put it together when it counts. Whatever happened to Carlos Newton?

Newton has lost 6 of his last 8.

Today with all the science that has been applied in mma it is hard for a guy of penn's size to step up and beat a much bigger guy. Strength and technique beat natural skill.

B

been

That's why Penn dropped down to lightweight... got tired of having his ass handed to him.

E

easypleasie

Newton has lost 6 of his last 8.

That's a shame. Guess he's lost his edge like so many other aging fighters. He was fun to watch in his prime. Tough game to stay at the top.

What are some of the other fights being broadcasted these days? I mainly watched ufc, pride and occasionally a K2 fight. I'm a little behind the times with all the fighters and wanna catch up with what's going on. It's great to see some of the Pride fighters coming to UFC.

R

rottenjohn

That's a shame. Guess he's lost his edge like so many other aging fighters. He was fun to watch in his prime. Tough game to stay at the top.

What are some of the other fights being broadcasted these days? I mainly watched ufc, pride and occasionally a K2 fight. I'm a little behind the times with all the fighters and wanna catch up with what's going on. It's great to see some of the Pride fighters coming to UFC.

If you have/can get hdnet they broadcast "Dream" from Japan, MFC from canada, they used to do the affliction undercards, they have M-1 Global on friday knights also K-1 kickboxing/max Hdnet fights, and a couple others. If its not the ufc/strikeforce its on hdnet. I think they are doing senguko from Japan as well. and they have a great show on friday nights at 9 called inside mma with Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten.

R

rottenjohn

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, the steroid Barnett tested positive for is a roid that maintains muscle mass while cutting weight, its not for gaining strength.

wonka

wonka

penn walks around at 170... all the other 170 guys cut weight to fight there.. penn is undersized and almost has to be out of shape to fight there... penn belongs at lightweight and always has,, where he has never lost... ken flo will give him a good fight and has what it takes to win... i still like penn.... forrest has his hands full against silva... forrest can take a beating like no other guy and i think thats what will happen by the hands of anderson.... its good to see anderson in the light heavyweight division... there is no one in the ufc at middle weight that can challange him... now that affliction folded there promotion and wont be doing any more ppv and only there clothing line.. ufc has worked out a deal to absorb the contracts of all there fighters except fedor... so we should see a anderson silva / vitor belfort here at some point... you will see a fedor / brock fight and white will get a deal done with fedor's camp to make that happen.. so after a fight or 2 brock will fight fedor in a year / year 1/2... i think it will be very hard for fedor to beat brock at the point and alot of people in the mma world will be shocked when brock takes down the great fedor....

E

easypleasie

Thanks for the info Rotten! Didn't know Japan still had a league going. Gonna look into it for sure. haha and Bas Rutten is the man! He's an awesome commentator - very entertaining. Always talking about those blows to the liver!

Penn needs to be at lightweight for sure. The new and improved fighters are so much smarter and more well rounded that you can't just rely on those submissions that were so dominant at one time.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Ken Flo is a Good Fighter but I think BJ is gonna take it to him... It's gonna be a good fight, they both have big heart.

R

rottenjohn

Thanks for the info Rotten! Didn't know Japan still had a league going. Gonna look into it for sure. haha and Bas Rutten is the man! He's an awesome commentator - very entertaining. Always talking about those blows to the liver!

Penn needs to be at lightweight for sure. The new and improved fighters are so much smarter and more well rounded that you can't just rely on those submissions that were so dominant at one time.

if you download via torrents you can grab a few inside mma shows. Its great stuff.

wonka

wonka

dream has moved there super hulk tourn with gerard mousasi / rameau thierry sokoudjou to out didnt they rottenjohn?? they need to get gerard mousasi fighting in the ufc.. only 24 he is a beast and has alot of great years ahead of him... after machida does away with my boy shogun in oct.. which i still hope by some long shot mauricio pulls it out.. bringing gerard to warm up with evans or jackson then fight machida would be a great test for lyoto machida...

Top Bottom