MMJ friendly counties around Denver?

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Hey farmers- so I have family moving into Denver area from out of state and am trying to help them find the friendliest county with least harassment outside of Denver metro (englewood, golden, arvada, etc...). I know everybody is spread out and probably know more than i do about surrounding areas so any info would be helpful.

fwiw- they won't be pushing it or anything, middle age adults, legit qualifying patients, but they would like an edible rec and to be able to grow their edible rec (12/12?) with out worry...or minimal worry.

Thanks folks. And perhaps this could just act as an up to date log of counties and policies- if wanted I'll just keep tabs and update on this title post...

County/City list of possible avoidance:

Adams County- Westminster, Broomfield, Thornton (home of NMDTF)

R

RMCG

Haha I was going to start the exact same thread to go with my 'Zoning Laws' thread!

Beat me to it and anxious to see some responses...

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I only know places to avoid. If anybody knows friendly counties/cities, that would be a badass contribution. Unfortunately I suspect it's going to be tough to extract that info from growers. You mentioned Golden and Arvada. Both are near the top of the list of places to avoid. Both towns have a heavy police presence and run their departments in a para military fashion. The Arvada police department was recently in the news for a police brutality beating where like 5 officers had to resign. Also, the CO highway patrol academy is in Golden. Have you ever driven through Golden? You wouldn't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of black and whites you would see on a typical day.

Broomfield, Westminster and Thornton are places to avoid AT ALL COSTS. They are in Adams county where the north metro drug task force is headed. All bad.

I'm personally looking into Park and Chaffee counties myself. Evergreen/Morrison area also seems like it would be cool, but the real estate prices are highly inflated. If anybody has any info please share.

true grit

true grit

RMCG- Yeah, I mean think these are things people will need to take into consideration even if just doing personal med grows that use edible recs/ and folks that would like to be caregivers. I mean these folks aren't gonna blow it up, but if they can find a place they feel comfortable, im sure they would like to at least have some breathing room to learn.

Greenthumb- thanks for the info, hopefully this will pull out some good info from folks! I'll update the first post with some info. Yeah driven through Golden, but more so not worried about highway enforcement as much as each town/counties specific (if known) attitude towards patients and growing. Police brutality is horrible as well, but do they care about pot and patients? So obviously Adams Co. BAD...LOL. Evergreen/Morrison eh? I'll have to look into those for em...

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

only problem with morrison and places around it....are they fall under jefferson county...which i heard is also a no no.

true grit

true grit

Heard mixed things about JeffCo. Obviously not a good place to fight legally, but know cg's that feel fine in that area, especially with the JeffCo MMC ban? ive heard about. KNow several cities in JeffCo that are faily friendly, so wonder if its all jeff co or just a few picky cities...

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Is all of Morrison/Evergreen in Jeffco? Jeffco is a no for me. I look at it this way; worst case realistic scenario, I'm going to county jail. Have you ever been to court at the Jefferson county courthouse in Golden and seen the inmates? I have. I don't ever want to see the inside of Jefferson county jail, so I don't live in Jeffco, lol. I'm only going to live in counties where if I went to jail l wouldn't be butt raped by a large inmate.

Maybe that's a morbid way to think about the situation, but I've always been a realist. I saw a video of Eagle County jail when Kobe was in the news and it looked like my old college dorm room with a bigger tv, exercise bike and view of the rockies. That would be much better than a sweaty gym with 200 gang banging killers.

F

Funkfingers

Man as long as there not going huge they should no problem wherever, they choose to post up.. Business as usual IMO.. The medical card is just added protection..I still follow the same rules as when I wasn't legal..except for the online thing (would have never been on here if I weren't) Colorado is pretty cool all around, certain places (the springs) just tend to have more military and religious nuts. I think as long as they stick to the unwritten rules of growing, and stay within the confines of federal guidelines (under 99) while still staying complaint with state mmj laws they will be alright anywhere..IMO

and green thumb bill nobody gets raped in jefco jail..that shit if it happens happens in state prison.So i would base where I grew off whether or not I was gonna get ass raped if I got popped..(stay within guidelines= no jail)

K

kuz

Heard mixed things about JeffCo. Obviously not a good place to fight legally, but know cg's that feel fine in that area, especially with the JeffCo MMC ban? ive heard about. KNow several cities in JeffCo that are faily friendly, so wonder if its all jeff co or just a few picky cities...
Maybe Castle Rock, if you want to try to get 15 patients. They seem more anti Center than anti mmj, if they find out your using their ban to get more patients they might get unfriendly. Any horror stories from Douglas county?

Morrison last I checked had a temporary ban, you would think its pretty tolerant place, in a tough county, Evergreen follows county law. I think Bailey is the closest you can get in Park county, its unincorporated, but I've thought about it.

Nederland is ideal, incorporated hippie haven in friendly county, too far for a commute though. Maybe Manitou Springs, the other hippie town, in less friendly El Paso county though.

I'd like to find some place to rent thats a little more rural. Who knows, would have thought anywhere in Denver to be good then they start talking about putting limits on caregivers.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

(stay within guidelines= no jail)
Everyone has a different definition of what staying within the guidelines means though. Technically, anybody over 3/3 risks jail. 3/3 don't cut it. I have to rely on edibles licenses. I do have a cancer patient and an MS patient, so I should be okay. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, you know?

Sorry to be a debbie downer, I'll shut up now.

F

Funkfingers

I understand GTB, but it is possible to stay with a reasonable (everyone's definition is different) supply of herb with you and five other patients..just gotta grow trees and then figure out what to do with excess product later..

true grit

true grit

Man as long as there not going huge they should no problem wherever, they choose to post up.. Business as usual IMO.. The medical card is just added protection..I still follow the same rules as when I wasn't legal..except for the online thing (would have never been on here if I weren't) Colorado is pretty cool all around, certain places (the springs) just tend to have more military and religious nuts. I think as long as they stick to the unwritten rules of growing, and stay within the confines of federal guidelines (under 99) while still staying complaint with state mmj laws they will be alright anywhere..IMO

Agreed homie, but know im not new here, hehe. Doing my thing in CO, know how to stay safe etc- but lets be realistic, there are cities that are more tolerant when it come court time or knock time if necessary...but thats the question i guess- who knows how LEO feels by city/county? guess it will be more by hearsay/experience related...like i said they will only be looking for 12/12 edible recs, so tryin to find friendliest spots to recognize it...

And I'm sure you are right bout jeffco jail, and honestly im not the friendliest looking cat and grew up with homies, so bad jail/pen stories is what i expect...ha.

Maybe Castle Rock, if you want to try to get 15 patients. They seem more anti Center than anti mmj, if they find out your using their ban to get more patients they might get unfriendly. Any horror stories from Douglas county?

Morrison last I checked had a temporary ban, you would think its pretty tolerant place, in a tough county, Evergreen follows county law. I think Bailey is the closest you can get in Park county, its unincorporated, but I've thought about it.

Nederland is ideal, incorporated hippie haven in friendly county, too far for a commute though. Maybe Manitou Springs, the other hippie town, in less friendly El Paso county though.

I'd like to find some place to rent thats a little more rural. Who knows, would have thought anywhere in Denver to be good then they start talking about putting limits on caregivers.

Nice, saw some spots in Bailey for fairly cheap, need to look at some of the others...nice info there kuz. I would love me some Nedland but that is a trek down the mountain and up (especially if they move in during winter)...but thats where id like to see em...hehe.

Everyone has a different definition of what staying within the guidelines means though. Technically, anybody over 3/3 risks jail. 3/3 don't cut it. I have to rely on edibles licenses. I do have a cancer patient and an MS patient, so I should be okay. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, you know?

Sorry to be a debbie downer, I'll shut up now.

Nope you are right bro, i deal with an ms patient that if i didn't have edible recs for myself and another patient, i doubt id be able to supply her adequate meds for her pain. For her freakin pain for god's sake. And I'm the same way- i qualify in about 4 different directions, without a medical necessity I would be fucked. So again it kinda breaks down to experience by city/county i suppose...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

South jefferson has nice folks who are pretty MMJ tolerant. Hell there was a dispensary in pine juction and windy point before the unincorperated ban was passed.

I dunno about the sherrif. It should be OK but it's not the frendliest MMJ county from an LEO perspective. You would catch some crap for an edibles rec in jeffco. Maybe 6/6 but 12/12 is pushing it for one person IMO unless their hair is falling out or they're in a chair. I don't mean disrespect but that's how it rolls unfortunately.

T

TyKaycha

I know a bunch of patients in Centennial, some with a couple of plants but most go into Denver to an MMC. As far as business-wise, Centennial is very unfriendly.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

SO much we didn't bring up... we've gotta meet up again... for jerk! AHHHhhh ty I gotta get me some herky jerky pork pulin rib tickling saudi aurora goodness!

sky high

sky high

To be honest, only the folks here on the Farm are really "cool about it".

Ya sure DON'T want yer Centennie neighbors finding out what yer doing. The next step in all of this 1284 related shit is to clamp down on resi grows....

It's like bein gay in the military in reverse, aka... "Don't Tell, don't Ask"

T

TyKaycha

I'm down for next Friday for some Jamaican this coming Friday. It's a small joint (pun intended) so not too many can meet up - room for about 4 maybe 6 tops if the place is empty. I'm off Friday's. Lunch works as it's not usuay very busy. Evenings there get really crowded.

HIGHRiskINC

HIGHRiskINC

OK, so I'm Looking to open a bar in Denver, with the new designated POT Smoking garden (license) . Was looking at a place in Golden, but I hear that's not a good area for the acceptance.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

muir

muir

OK, so I'm Looking to open a bar in Denver, with the new designated POT Smoking garden (license) . Was looking at a place in Golden, but I hear that's not a good area for the acceptance.

So does anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE

get a denver attorney, I believer the issue is more complex than you realize.

Latest posts

Top Bottom