Mo def, phos def or lockout?

• Thread starter OleMacdonald77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

First time poster and grower so please go easy. Self admittedly i caused this issue by being a noob. That being said up front, looking for advice on what I'm seeing here. Have 3 weddingcake autos all planted dec 1st. All fed and watered the same. I believe this condition stems from me not knowing how to water a plant correctly. This plant was kind of flushed/kind of not. I was flushing to get ec's down on the runoff that was going in at what I thought was 1.6-1.8 during 2nd to 3rd week of flower, and coming out on the second and 3rd gallon run off at 3.8-4.0. water ph run off is also 5.6-6.0. .going in at 6.8 to 7.0. Fast forward a couple days later, I start to see fading/yellowing on the lower leaves and I think bud production had stopped for a week. Red condition starting, red stems starting, have had half red leaf stems since light swap, so I thought it was light stress until this started. It starts by yellowing from outer tip of older growth, then red between the vain. Bud production has picked up slightly after several feeds of bloom nutes. Plant is bone dry in 48 hours. Thinking Molybdenm since I'm not getting necrotic leaves and its not patchy. I think my ph is so low in the medium that it may be locking that nute out. Thoughts? Have its sister beside it that got the same treatment but not showing signs of the red condition. Has a lot more bud on that one. Will post more pics if I get any interest.

My Setup
Straight FFOF
HR VEG & BLOOM DIRTY
HR + LIFE
HR BLOOM
ROI e680
3 Gallon smart pots
4x4 grow tent
Temps/humidity 73-76 / 45-50
AC INFINITY 6"

Mo def phos def or lockout
Mo def phos def or lockout 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I should say ppm going in is ok but in soil measuring ppm coming out is not really an accurate reflection of the nutrients in the soil and can be very high without a nutrient issue.

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Hungry... don't use a ppm meter feed half the dose recommended for transition for the next few feeds. Its a nitrogen deficiency brought on by flushing.
Thank u for the reply, so half feed with base nutes and bloom nutes since my bloom nutes by hr doesn't have any nitrogen?

20210125 190504
20210121 223419
OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

I should say ppm going in is ok but in soil measuring ppm coming out is not really an accurate reflection of the nutrients in the soil and can be very high without a nutrient issue.
I was afraid of that.. I couldn't get its sisters ec down to what this one got to. Now I see the effects a week or so later. Too many tools and I wasn't using the one I was born with haha.

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Ok update aqua as I'm about to feed tomorrow again... I had fed the day I posted this originally and got lucky with the amount I fed was basically what u recommended already. Yellowing is still coming and getting higher in the plant, more red and purple up top. Pics attached. I've added some trichome pics of the sister plant that doesn't have the red. I can't tell how many weeks I have left on that plant. Can you? She's got maybe 15% oj pistols. The one that has red is barely changed... maybe a little more bud mass but still all white pistol and much clearer trichomes.

20210127 215658
2021 01 27 215621
2021 01 27 215446
20210127 215701
20210126 184405
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok update aqua as I'm about to feed tomorrow again... I had fed the day I posted this originally and got lucky with the amount I fed was basically what u recommended already. Yellowing is still coming and getting higher in the plant, more red and purple up top. Pics attached. I've added some trichome pics of the sister plant that doesn't have the red. I can't tell how many weeks I have left on that plant. Can you? She's got maybe 15% oj pistols. The one that has red is barely changed... maybe a little more bud mass but still all white pistol and much clearer trichomes.
May take a few days to see any results. The yellow won't get darker.... just peak an the very new leaves if any. Looks to be a few weeks left. How many weeks into flower and how long does the breeder say?

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

May take a few days to see any results. The yellow won't get darker.... just peak an the very new leaves if any. Looks to be a few weeks left. How many weeks into flower and how long does the breeder say?
Yeah, these seeds while definitely wedding cake autos are BM from a local friend of a friend... so unknown genetics. Planted dec 1st. Last pic is our problem child. I've never harvested or anything, so knowing when to stop nutes etc is all new to me. Aiming for 2 weeks before harvest. My log show January 1st as flower date for that plant, but again I'm new and that may be a week or so off

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Aqua, so, I figured it out, I was watering with really cold Ph'd tap water in addition to under feeding when FFOF ran out. This was right around the time they went for a stretch. The fix, aquarium heater to 73F to warm water bucket and I added a bit of dolomite lime to bring the ph soil level up slowly along with more frequent feedings. Happy to say a week in and soil levels have gone up to 6.3 from 5.7ish. Still no orange trichs but bud production has increased again. I really noticed/realized this was the issue when one of my BD autos started drooping under light hours after watering. I gave that a good feed with the warmer water and it picked right up. Thx for the help again.

20210204 203043
20210204 203102
2021 02 01 123645
20210204 203051

Latest posts

Top Bottom