MOAB, is it worth it?

• Thread starter Bagger McGuirk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bagger McGuirk

I have a jar of MOAB and I am in the midst of my first grow. I believe I don't have enough for the flower stage.
So is this product worth using?:surprised

B

Bagger McGuirk

I went ahead a tried it last night, went 1/2 strength.
I will wait to see what happens. On another grow site, some guy claimed that his flowers grew noticably overnight. Hmmm, that I would like to see.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
What is MOAB? Tried google but ended up in Utah...

Greyskull

Greyskull

i thougtht it was mad farmer's "mother of all blooms"....
bloom booster for the final 2-3 weeks of the grow.

DID YOU DO ANY RESEARCH OR GET A NUTIENT SCHEDULE TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN TO PROPERLY ADD IT? I thought it was only week 6 & 7 of flower but I could be wrong....

T

tenacious

Supporter
who is the manufacturer of 'moab'? sounds like "snake oil" to me......

Greyskull

Greyskull

what it does is "trick" the plant into thinking its just starting the flower cycle so it encourages new floral growth. chemical trick nonetheless, but ti does do what they want it to.

its definatley not snake oil if you already know how to handle snakes, savvy?

T

tenacious

Supporter
sorry to be so skeptical, but i have a hard time beliving in things that sound to good to be true. ofc there are exceptions to the rule.......

Greyskull

Greyskull

to be honest you wouldn't catch me dead running H&G - I am a CANNA guy.
and you also won't catch me talking about stuff that havent been tested on cash crop scale over period of time. but fuck all that who gives a shit about all that no one wants to hear that crap. and you don;t want to ehar theory, either.

you want real life experience & results.

i have a close friend running H&G aqua flakes (whole line w/MOAB subbed for SHOOTING POWDER - both the same thing I guess) for a few years now and his main colas of each of his 24 plants per 4x4s each under 1k end up the size of your head. everytime. he says to me its the moab. when i say size of your head i mean think "fitted hat size 6" not the biggest head by any means no but a descent sized head nonetheless.

BTW I USE CANNA BOOST, which is $100 per L. I go thru 1L per crop. Worth every penny and I see the results they say you will (you just have to be using all Canna's other stuff for the right reactions to happen, ha ha). lots of people are skeptical of canna boost...

M

mnm5683

I have heard a lot about the canna products and just got the basics for my next grow, the veg and flower and a small bottle of the rhizotonic. Still need to get the rest though. Looking forward to the grow.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

MOAB is the house brand nutrients of a chain of frachised owned hydro stores. it works just like koolbloom. if this is your fisrt time using this product then be careful and use just a little bit at first and have your meter handy. oh yeah it's easier to use these type of additives with R.O. water so you can get true EC readings.

P

psychoactive

there is a clone only strain making the rounds called MOAB.

That's what I thought this thread was about.

I was just handed this cut from a good friend of mine.

I smoked a sample with him when he handed me a healthy mom of this MOAB.

My assessment of it, strictly from smoking it, is that it is the same. . . .or close to. . .or from same lineage as. . . ..

Silver Pearl, Snowcap, and Big Pappa's old school '72 skunk.

Each time I, and friends, have sampled these strains, they all have the SAME distinct bouquet. I cannot describe it really as I haven't sat down and concentrated long enough on any of them. Anyone having smoked any of these can probably comment though :-)

Sorry to deviate from the ORIGINAL direction of this thread.

homebrew420

homebrew420

MOAB is just another addition to the many products the will "make your buds HUGE," it is just like Kool Bloom by GH, and Cha Ching from Fox farm. They are just high potassium and phosphorus nutes for late flowering to pump the flowers up and make them swell. The few growers I knew that used this stuff were impressed. Good luck

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

I used M.O.A.B. ( Mother Of All Blooms) For many years when I ran a top feed drain to waste. Great Stuff! I didn't use it the way it is recommended though... I started using it at the beginning of week 4 and continued through week 6 then stopped. I have used most of the bloom boosters out on the market and M.O.A.B. gives you the most bang for your buck. bd

persiankid

persiankid

hmm I might have to try MOAB ive been running the fox farms powders for a minute now and have had good results but I keep hearing good things about moab.. too many choices!

T

Thundurkel

I used MOAB in week 5 in place of Top Booster and finished with Shooting Powder with good results on my first run. This time I'm going to run it at 2tsp per 50gal in week 2 and then Top Booster in week 5 and finish off week 6 and 7 with 10 tsp of MOAB per 50 gal and flush! Got a gut feeling this is going to really increase my yield with the earlier dose and I've heard of dudes pulling huge cola's running MOAB so I say fuck it I'll replace the Shooting Powder with it this run cuz it's cheaper and really close from what I've read and seen...

M

mrdizzle

best I have ever used to date, with the hammerhead is a beast

Top Bottom