Moderate Thrips 6 weeks in Flower

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Have two outdoor plants with mild-moderate thrips and 6 weeks into flower with another 3-4 to go and wondering if they can finish without spraying. Local grow store recommended Purecrop1 for treatment of thrips and prevention of PM and bud rot (I’ve had both in past years). Company says organic and can be used up through day of harvest. See ingredients in pic. It isn’t cheap…$38/pint. Has anyone used this product before and if so how effective was it and did it burn pistils like H2O2 does?

Moderate thrips 6 weeks in flower
Ponky

Ponky

I've used oil based products. Canola concentrate type stuff. Very similiar. So I wasn't a fan. But not that product exactly. My experience was it made the leaves look like they were waxed and polished. The buds weren't that bad. But I sprayed it week 3/4. So they had time to grow. Good plants lower yield than expected. It worked for the bugs. I wouldn't use again.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Thanks for your input. In the spirit of science, I will use purecrop1 on 1/4 of one plant and observe results (trichome changes, pistil wilt, leaf improvements) for a few days and compare with untreated 3/4 plant. If no negative impacts I’ll use it on the rest of the plants.

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks for your input. In the spirit of science, I will use purecrop1 on 1/4 of one plant and observe results (trichome changes, pistil wilt, leaf improvements) for a few days and compare with untreated 3/4 plant. If no negative impacts I’ll use it on the rest of the plants.
Good plan. Thrips are bad. But not that bad. Good luck on the crop.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Will treat lower left side of plant and will compare with rest of plant. I’ll show pics in a few days.

5EF26486 80BD 4C14 BF32 F4D4656DA250
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I used Pure crop in veg and the plants love it. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Like you I will try spraying it directly on a few buds tonight and report my findings. Around here I can get away with blasting them with a hose Which seem to help immensely, then pure crop For a few days, Captain Jack’s spinner sad for a few days, then sulfur-based three in One for a few days. The garden hose every day. Seem to eliminate 95% of the problem while in veg. One of the problems with growing trees is the expense and the work involved in treating them when things go south. It’s no small feat to get in there and treat all the surfaces. Give me three smaller plants over a tree any day. Just my opinion. Looking forward to seeing what your results are.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Plus I have a bottle of Franksters Elixir sitting in the bullpen in case I need it for the eighth and ninth inning. LOL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I doused them pretty good Sunday night and Monday night including some buds right in the face. I don’t see any Ill effects.

Top Bottom