Molasses

• Thread starter Timbo0716
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The following are copied sections referring to Aphrodite's Extraction:
"Made by extracting oligosaccharides from bovine milk fat. Oregon’s Only then digests it, resulting in mono and poly saccharides and ultimately those saccharides are then converted into sucrose and dextrose. Literally “Liquid Fall” in a bottle. You have a short time at the end of your plants life cycle to sweeten your fruits and make them the most desirable. Aphrodite’s Extraction provides a rich blend of a proprietary blend of sucrose, fructose, chelated nutrients, vitamins, and organic acids to promote a thriving microbial population and strong, healthy plant growth."

"NFTG started doing biological tests, studying the differences between the digested carbons of Aphrodite’s Extraction and the carbon in Molasses using a microscope. They found that the carbon from molasses is huge. Molasses is a super complex long chain of sugars into a microscopic organism. In other words, it’s a lead blanket. So while you’re feeding molasses to the top of your plants, and you’re wondering why you have to keep re-inoculating your mycorrhizae that you spent $300 a pound on, it’s because you’re choking them with a carbon chain that they can’t possibly break down."

"For the cellular level, It’s the energy, it’s the life force, it’s what the plant has to create through chlorophyll to create the energy to grow and become healthy and strong so if you’re not producing the right type of sugar through the vegetation and through the foliage, you have to have some form of sugar, it has to be the right type of sugar and have the sugar in the correct form, whether it is dextrose or sucrose. That helps the translocation of nutrients and the availability of nutrients through energy inside the plant. You’re basically feeding the biological activity but you’re not feeding the plant when you use molasses. You’re not feeding the plant at all, it can’t digest it, because it’s too big. You are literally waiting for the microbes to break that down, so if you do multiple dilutions of that, you’re just choking out your microbial field."
So the type of molasses used is important good to have that info as I did not know that. But also it's better used in teas an then applied.

So I have that correct?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So the type of molasses used is important good to have that info as I did not know that. But also it's better used in teas an then applied.

So I have that correct?

They make horticultural mollasses soluble powder. Plants still dont need additional carbs. They make what they and the micro life need themselves.

I will have to find the paper online again. But i was reading that all feeding the bacteria does is spike their population. Then they die down again after its gone. And if you keep feeding them they have no need for the plant. Same with myco.

It was an article about organic food production from one of the ag universities.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They make horticultural mollasses soluble powder. Plants still dont need additional carbs. They make what they and the micro life need themselves.

I will have to find the paper online again. But i was reading that all feeding the bacteria does is spike their population. Then they die down again after its gone. And if you keep feeding them they have no need for the plant. Same with myco.

It was an article about organic food production from one of the ag universities.
This makes perfect sense to me. Population of bacteria are always relative to food supply. In my many years of aquariums I have seen this first hand 1000's of times. I agree the plants don't need the carbs they make them. Its the sulfur that they like. I add mag/sulf through my whole grow but the last 2-3 weeks i bump it up. Find it helps with terps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically, adding molasses to soil, not recommended. There are better sugars for soil application to feed microbes.
Molasses very good for compost tea.
I have to say i'm kinda shocked that molasses can choke microbes. Still having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Galvatron where did you find that info? I wouldn't mind looking more into this for my own knowledge.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This makes perfect sense to me. Population of bacteria are always relative to food supply. In my many years of aquariums I have seen this first hand 1000's of times. I agree the plants don't need the carbs they make them. Its the sulfur that they like. I add mag/sulf through my whole grow but the last 2-3 weeks i bump it up. Find it helps with terps

Tune in next time when we show that the different innoculating products like myco and trichaderma (sp.?) compete with each other for food instead of help the plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tune in next time when we show that the different innoculating products like myco and trichaderma (sp.?) compete with each other for food instead of help the plant.
Oh absolutely.... they will line up like soldier and kill off other invaders. Species thrive for their self preservation they do not play nice with other unless there is a benefit to them. That's why a healthy pop of beneficial bacteria is good they fend off other bacteria by out competing them for food

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh absolutely.... they will line up like soldier and kill off other invaders. Species thrive for their self preservation they do not play nice with other unless there is a benefit to them. That's why a healthy pop of beneficial bacteria is good they fend off other bacteria by out competing them for food
That's why I like hydrogaurd and why it works. It's one strain the other add several and imo that's why they can fail. Adding several there will be a Victor but how do you ensure its the right one. Yes the one with the higher population has an advantage but some species are just stronger. Now several can exist because of the different food sources. Some feed off various sources of nitrogen, some sulfur etc etc.

Galvatron

Galvatron

@Galvatron where did you find that info? I wouldn't mind looking more into this for my own knowledge.

I found it in the "Unofficial Nectar for the Gods Growers Bible," under Aphrodite's Extraction. Also, watching the "OGCFam show" on YouTube in an interview of Scott Ostrander (Owner of Oregon's Only, the manufacturer of Nectar for the Gods.)
Here is a link I uploaded for the "Grow Bible."

Latest posts

Top Bottom