Mold issues last week of flowering. Pesticides? Harvest?

• Thread starter EugeneTheGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Have you tried Oxidate 5.0?
It's basically OP H202
Spraying is no fun but you'll get a lot more than just cutting and running.
Does this work for powdery mildew as well? Currently dealing with that nonsense. Bout ready to chop early and wash.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

I saw it and said out loud "oh shit, bud rot" before I even scrolled down. Like being told you have lung cancer. Makes me proud when I give top-grade bud to relatives at Christmas and I can say it's clean of everything. I even hold back the fertilizer toward the end so it gets used up and the weed sweetens up. And the problem was solved with just H2O2? Are you serious? It always comes back like cancer. People that buy pot for dispensaries will turn down much better product than a crop has been infected with mold. All a potential buyer has to hear is that bud rot was even present at the site and they'll reject the entire lot. The entire plant gets immediately bagged and thrown into a fire whenever you see that. You dispose of it like toxic waste. You can even have buds that rot from the inside out. I've seen that. Buds look fine on the outside. Rotten on the inside. And this guy discusses chemicals.

It makes me remember a guy who might still be on Youtube who identified himself as a "Professional Medical Marijuana Grower" and had a number of videos. He had at least one big room that could do maybe 100 plants. He was hardly professional. He brought plants in from outside the grow and then wondered how he got mites. He cross-contaminated his own lab like an idiot. And then he was using pesticides! That's, right, several different pesticides. On medical marijuana. Incredible. I've always been a person of science but people shouldn't even try to get into commercial growing without a college education. Like an ag or biology degree. More than half of a large class at Penn State with me flunked or dropped Biological Science II when I almost aced the course. It was a course that made students change their majors. Just like those ill-prepared students at PSU that came from shitty high schools and barely passed high school biology, many people that get into commercial marijuana growing don't know what the fuck they are doing. And many people don't know their limitations. They find out when they go broke.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

The entire plant gets immediately bagged and thrown into a fire whenever you see that. You dispose of it like toxic waste. You can even have buds that rot from the inside out. I've seen that. Buds look fine on the outside. Rotten on the inside. And this guy discusses chemicals.
Actually, in commercial grows the moldy stuff gets thrown in the biomass bin along with the leaves and sometimes trim and will get turned into oil.

And the problem was solved with just H2O2? Are you serious?
Of course it wasn't solved with just H2O2. But it can be managed with products like Oxidate that degrade to water, oxygen, and acetic acid (which further photodegrades to COx gas). Management (rather than control) of diseases in outdoor environments is something plant science people learn about in university. I mean the options are cut early and get ~50% yield that is 20-40% weaker (in terms of Cannabinoid concentration) or manage it and get ~75% yield at full strength with some minor additional costs. Now we're in Economics 101 😄

I've always been a person of science but people shouldn't even try to get into commercial growing without a college education.
How many farmers in this world do you think have college educations? In the US it's some dismal number around 25%., and some 98% of conventional growers don't have a degree. Conventional growing just requires a good instruction booklet and someone that is good at following instructions to make it happen. Organic growing is a different ballgame and the overwhelming majority of organic growers have degrees because a much deeper lever of biological, and even ecological, knowledge is required for success.