Mold on my nugs, well into cure doh!

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

The way I'm reading 20north's response is that butane WILL work at killing the mold...but I'm a tad groggy from last night :friday:

mack 10

mack 10

dam shame,them nugs looked lush. seeing that mold brings a shiver,down my spine. sweet for bubble though.

20north

why do people think its good to bubble bag mold thats bunk and might get someone sick. only use food grade buds and trim in bubble bags if you even have any tender loving care for the bags :boogie: as i only use bubble bags brand* bags bought from aqua lab tech because that place is sooo awesome and so just doing the right thing for the right people more power to those guys over at aqua lab...they sure help out this site also well enough about bags:cool0044:
----------------------------------------------------

yes! butane is cold enough from what ive researched the mold should be rendered in to something harmless the spores should be totaly dead after the pull..

you can take a metal grinder and grind up all the bud with gloves on and then put the bud and moldy bud on a piece of paper thats already slightly prefolded to funnel in to an essence tube outside... then as an option you can put your grinder in the oven to kill the mold spores on your grinder and later on the essence tube as well

i haven't made bho before but ive talked to HMK so i know how it works and i really think if the tube gets to -4*C the mold will be gone just make sure you do a really long and slow hot water bath with a lid to get all the bubbles out of your oil and just make sure you most likely don't touch the dish as you extract .. i would wash your hands really well before touching the dish and putting the 185*F hotwater bath under it to start getting rid of the bubbles quickly and doesnt turn to ear wax

you could run Decarboxylation on the bud first, i think its 215*F-219*F most likely destroying almost all the mold if not all of it

be safe, have fun, and good luck with your problem best wishes
:tongue0011:

if i was you i wouldn't ever use any butane product for several weeks like 3-4 weeks at least but you could run Decarboxylation on the bho and have clean oil at 220*F for 20 minutes? i dont know how long it takes to sorry :sad0123: i really just know the science behind it not the method i mean it seems very simple i really hope i could help you

20north

donk frog i think you should reread both my posts you must have read it backwards because im saying it will destroy the mold and he should go with the bho idea and to not use bubble bags but maybe what im reading is totaly different than what i actually typed

(20north pats donk frogs back gently 'we love you' its ok ) its ok to rant man i am sorta anti oil as you can blow up it should be done by skilled people like donk frog or hmk .. i wouldnt ever want to hear about a farmer blowing himself up and hearing about it on the news and even worse if someone was uneducated about bho and didnt know how seriously awesome and how much respect they should show for it in the first place its like a peice of hash from outerspace i have a friend with AIDS and my friend uses bho alot all the fucking time and yeah i see what kind of respect you should handle this bho with it boggles my mind its even possible to make such great hash but when i see people making bho that isnt translucent and somewhat glassy its just shameful its a joke how easy it is to make bho in the first place but its awesome how easy it is you wouldnt want to see someone mix bubble hash for 2 hours and then let it sit for 30 minutes and pull it

no your gonna baby that thing and try to get something worth smoking

is it not an art?
does nobody care anymore

should we all write off the world with mis-spelled words jsut because its easy and it will get us to the same place

hell no

i deserve getting called out about being anti bho i was lame to have said those things on the bho thread

bho is something everyone should be honored to even make so why make it look like bammer when you could take the time to slow down and do it right

D

Donk Frog

GOOD POST 20NORTH... WE HAVE HAD OUR DIFFERANCES:fighting0003:
BUT IT'S ALL GOOD I HOLD NO BAD BLOOD TO ANYONE ON THE FARM, JUST GET GRUMPY FROM TIME TO TIME......

RESPECT TO YOU FOR YOUR KNOWEDGLE OF THE HERB AND MORE.......:cool0041:
WOULD SEND +REP BUT HAVE TO SPREAD SOME REP FIRST.......

tHAT SAID 20 NORTH IS RIGHT ...DO NOT ATTEMPT B.H.O IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING...AND NEVER EVER DO IT INSIDE:mad0233:

P

Papastratos

Hi all...new around here but hope I can get some help/advice. I have this buds and they have something on them like spider and/or mold and would need your help in what to get rid of the "issue" or I just throw away the buds. It can be both of them, mold and spider web. In short what I did, is, I cut the buds and put them in a plastic bucket and a shoe box to dry. The issue cannot be that long; I think this appeared 1-2 days ago tops 3, but only today I saw it. I really appreciate some ideas and thanks in advance!

IMG
IMG 2
IMG 3
the rrock

the rrock

so this appeared after you took down plant,it looks like mold and webbing from mites. I wouldnt think the webbing would happen while drying but mold will

P

Papastratos

so this appeared after you took down plant,it looks like mold and webbing from mites. I wouldnt think the webbing would happen while drying but mold will
yep, like 5 days ago did the "finishing" trim and yeah, I have this "issue" with them. Any suggestion on what to do :D

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Reminds me if the time I worked for a local cash cropper and we had about 45 pounds on drying screens that got a little over dried. The guy fills up a 1 liter spray bottle and just starts misting the buds and looks at me with a huge grin on his face and says "This spray bottle is worth about 4 grand... it should add about 2 pounds of moisture, easiest money I've ever made"

Lol awesome guy but crazy AF.

Top Bottom