Mold on rosin puck. Help

• Thread starter loveinyourheart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

loveinyourheart

pictures show two normal rosin pucks and my recent puck, which i suspect.

ive recently had to cut 2 autos that had some bud rut at day 75. Ive removed everything and cut well over 2” the effected areas. Must have lost a good third of each plants.

one plant gave me normal looking and tasting rosin. The other plant not so much. The taste of the rosin is off, but smell is ok. Taste of rosin is a bit humid.

the white spots all over the rosin puck…

is it possible that visually i cannot see mold but that the pressure shows the mold? anyone ever had white like this on their pucks?

Mold on rosin puck help
Mold on rosin puck help 2
Mold on rosin puck help 3
Observationist

Observationist

Idk

But it doesn’t look good, does look contaminated

Someone more experience will chime in soon surely, if not tomorrow.

Sorry

L

loveinyourheart

Actually ive just realized the texture of the rosin was also unique, first time after over 100 pucks that i couldnt scrub the rosin off the parchemin. The texture is too granular and somehow not sticky enough. Gets me high but either im parano or not but i feel it makes me cough more and definitly taste humid, ive not tooken more then one dab.
the weed smell fine and no mold of course. Even under jewellery microscope . But maybe rosin pressing process makes the mold more apparent?

indogrow420

indogrow420

every time I pressed moldy stuff the rosin was too gooey to grab without cold thats all i know

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I've noticed the same thing on some of mine after pressing.
I personally don't think it's mold.
Mold would be present before you squish it. I haven't noticed any difference when I had a puc that did tha, whether it be terps or consistency
No idea what it is but it kinda reminds me of starch when you make pasta

L

loveinyourheart

I've noticed the same thing on some of mine after pressing.
I personally don't think it's mold.
Mold would be present before you squish it. I haven't noticed any difference when I had a puc that did tha, whether it be terps or consistency
No idea what it is but it kinda reminds me of starch when you make pasta
hmm, i really dont know what to do here. It seems mechanically it wouldnt make sense that pressing a puck would make the mold pop up

I have 2.5 oz of some weed that doesnt appear to have been affected by bud rot, but the consistency of the rosin is weird, as well as taste. dammit

indogrow420

indogrow420

good advice Ponky, some people went from BHO to Rosin for some reason lol
because "Solventless" but if your rosin taste like trash dump it.. even tho its solventless it doesn't mean its still safe

Last edited:
Top Bottom