Mold or heat stress? Or something else? EARLY HARVEST?

• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyGrow309

The plants close to the dehumidifier are all yellowing and getting crispy. Their buds are experiencing growth problems too. Is this mold or heat stress? I'm on 9 weeks 2 days. Wanted to harvest at 11 weeks. Should i harvest these early or throw them out? Plants away from dehumidifier are flourishing

Mold or heat stress or something else early harvest
Mold or heat stress or something else early harvest 2
Mold or heat stress or something else early harvest 3
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Looks like something else....but hard to figure out without more parameters and pics!!!

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

they are looking pretty fooked mate but if its your environment you're just going to experience the same thing cutting and swapping....why not hang de hu on ceiling? you can get digital hum and temp meters to play with . pull open the buds to check for molds and hit us with some temp recording, also you can get a gun to record the temps on the canopy

J

JohnnyGrow309

Looks like something else....but hard to figure out without more parameters and pics!!!

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

they are looking pretty fooked mate but if its your environment you're just going to experience the same thing cutting and swapping....why not hang de hu on ceiling? you can get digital hum and temp meters to play with . pull open the buds to check for molds and hit us with some temp recording, also you can get a gun to record the temps on the canopy

Gotta be honest dude, if you don't even have a guess then answering those questions isn't gonna help much especially since the pics are so clear with 2x zoom then 5x zoom. That's pretty much saying it could be anything. What I'm saying is there's 54 plants in this room and I have another 10 rooms like this. I notice the only plants like this are in the back close to the dehumd.

I'm guessing it's heat stress cause this dehumd is hot back there. It went up to 31 degrees once back then and it's late in flowering. I never had experience with mold so I want to see if anyone thinks this is mold and how to treat that if it is.

The hay smell kicked in today folks. Super disappointed about that. They were smelling so good before this happened. Should I wet trim these before harvest?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im gonna say you have over watered causing your self some root issues

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Gotta be honest dude, if you don't even have a guess then answering those questions isn't gonna help much especially since the pics are so clear with 2x zoom then 5x zoom. That's pretty much saying it could be anything. What I'm saying is there's 54 plants in this room and I have another 10 rooms like this. I notice the only plants like this are in the back close to the dehumd.

I'm guessing it's heat stress cause this dehumd is hot back there. It went up to 31 degrees once back then and it's late in flowering. I never had experience with mold so I want to see if anyone thinks this is mold and how to treat that if it is.

The hay smell kicked in today folks. Super disappointed about that. They were smelling so good before this happened. Should I wet trim these before harvest?
maybe the heat from your dehumidifier you baked them

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

lol! It sounds like you know what your working with, they dont look moldy to me. but by opening up your buds you can clearly see; the first oldest caylixes turn yellow and then it grows from there... the sugar leaves havent died back into the buds, so doesn't indicate the buds moldy....yet.... Who knows, hang your de hu up and they may fill out.... possibly even a fan would do it....but with out info its like shooting fish in a barrel. more rooms with de hus at the back with plants doing the same thing?

indogrow420

indogrow420

Im a rookie but I think a fast dry brings that hay smell more so ur RH could be too low if u smelling hay lol they drying

indogrow420

indogrow420

Possibly still alive but slowly dying and drying from low rh and heat idk but like I said im a roookie and the hay smell I never heard something like that before when they still 'growing

J

JohnnyGrow309

lol! It sounds like you know what your working with, they dont look moldy to me. but by opening up your buds you can clearly see; the first oldest caylixes turn yellow and then it grows from there... the sugar leaves havent died back into the buds, so doesn't indicate the buds moldy....yet.... Who knows, hang your de hu up and they may fill out.... possibly even a fan would do it....but with out info its like shooting fish in a barrel. more rooms with de hus at the back with plants doing the same thing?
Yes there's 3 rooms aoth dehums in the back and it's the same situation in every one of them with a Quest back there. That's why I guess it's a heat thing. They're too hot is my guess. I'm glad it's not mold but this sucks too. I got 277 plants going. Looks like 77 are duds now smh

J

JohnnyGrow309

More pictures. Really worried they could turn moldy though. The Bud are fine. If they're just dry I can fix that but if mold will spread maybe I should just throw these out? If i okay it safe and throw out 40 of them that will leave me with 220ish good plants

20221219 025222
20221219 025239
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Ya got a pic of the good half of the room are they showing any of these symptoms?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

The plants close to the dehumidifier are all yellowing and getting crispy. Their buds are experiencing growth problems too. Is this mold or heat stress? I'm on 9 weeks 2 days. Wanted to harvest at 11 weeks. Should i harvest these early or throw them out? Plants away from dehumidifier are flourishing
Those plants look so bad. I would have chopped them and threw them away. They look nasty, id be scared to smoke that.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

hang up the de hu solve the evriomental problem and follow it thru, this is how we all learn, if theres mold on those plants it prolly wont spread to your whole room, but by observation IF they start molding you can cut. Defoliate the bad stuff and push it thru! youd be amazed by what these lil guys can do, and a small lame harvest is much better than plant matter going into the trash IMO. But they look totally bone dry, are the rest of your plants pearky and happy or clawing and drooping? Your under some IONS are you running in the 68-73 percent hum? have you rocked your VPD checks? Growing in coco and pearlite? hand watering? the plants at the back constantly get the least attention

Latest posts

Top Bottom