Mold? Or light bleached? Any input?

• Thread starter Forthepeople
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Forthepeople

Forthepeople

Whats up fellow peoples..quick question do you all think this is mold or light bleached...reason why I'm thinking light bleach is cause it's only that one cola and it's bullseye middle of the light where most of the power is. Any input from the expirenced? Thanks in adva

Mold or light bleached any input
Mold or light bleached any input 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
and what else you should look at for future grows as a sign the light could be abit close in your last few weeks even if no other issues are showing is you see your trichome stalks, they are elongated from the light/heat stress.. more from the heat though..
i see lots of close up pictures here on the farm with elongated stalks, it’s not genetic it’s heat/light stress..

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

and what else you should look at for future grows as a sign the light could be abit close in your last few weeks even if no other issues are showing is you see your trichome stalks, they are elongated from the light/heat stress.
I love learning new stuff.

M

MasterWatererJeff

and what else you should look at for future grows as a sign the light could be abit close in your last few weeks even if no other issues are showing is you see your trichome stalks, they are elongated from the light/heat stress.. more from the heat though..
i see lots of close up pictures here on the farm with elongated stalks, it’s not genetic it’s heat/light stress..

I can't wait until Bruce Bugbee does a scientific study and proclaims heat/light stress is not a thing. 90% of grow forum posters will have to shut up completely. Not alot else gets said around here. Unless it's "check ph". Why do young growers hate the concept of proper nutrition so bad?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I can't wait until Bruce Bugbee does a scientific study and proclaims heat/light stress is not a thing. 90% of grow forum posters will have to shut up completely. Not alot else gets said around here. Unless it's "check ph". Why do young growers hate the concept of proper nutrition so bad?
i don’t believe have the stuff bruce says anyways
and what are you talking about?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is it your theory that there can't be too much heat and light? Make sure you change the batteries in your smoke alarms.

TSD

TSD

Is it your theory that there can't be too much heat and light? Make sure you change the batteries in your smoke alarms.
Seems like every time I take a little break from the farm, there's a new know-it-all when I get back...and they're usually very adamant about thier incorrect statements and advice. No such thing as light stress, ha! So why is that bud albino with curling leaves? 🤣

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Seems like every time I take a little break from the farm, there's a new know-it-all when I get back...and they're usually very adamant about thier incorrect statements and advice. No such thing as light stress, ha! So why is that bud albino with curling leaves? 🤣
These posters seem to target long-time members who are often mods. They get turned on when someone demonstrates experience and knowledge. The last one seemed to have a boner for Aquaman. Now it's GNick's turn. 🙄

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I was running 79f room temps with 1000w hps, kept it 3ft away usually from canopy. Now im at 730w se7000 and as long as the light doesnt touch the leafs all is well. If it touches the leafs get crispy is all. Ive never seen this light bleaching when running hps. Im wondering if ill see it now under the led. Im running it way closer than most people but my plants look soo good. Its too soon to tell if ill get this bleaching. . but my question is if its from heat or light stress would running cooler room temps help? My room temps are like 74f. . its winter and I run the tents at night.

Ive seen lots of foxtailing but I've also seen lots of dense buds. . Idk if I see this bleaching shit imma be pissed lol. .although the bleached white weed looks cool. . i dont want it

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was running 79f room temps with 1000w hps, kept it 3ft away usually from canopy. Now im at 730w se7000 and as long as the light doesnt touch the leafs all is well. If it touches the leafs get crispy is all. Ive never seen this light bleaching when running hps. Im wondering if ill see it now under the led. Im running it way closer than most people but my plants look soo good. Its too soon to tell if ill get this bleaching. . but my question is if its from heat or light stress would running cooler room temps help? My room temps are like 74f. . its winter and I run the tents at night.

Ive seen lots of foxtailing but I've also seen lots of dense buds. . Idk if I see this bleaching shit imma be pissed lol. .although the bleached white weed looks cool. . i dont want it
during flowering at least once your a couple weeks in, i’d maybe raise the light and play it safe.,
“albino” weed is useless

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I once bleached the plants right in the center of a tent, when I put in a new 1000W MH bulb, but that was the only time HID lighting did it to me.

I don't THINK lower temperatures would stop bleaching, but they might. I'd prefer to have the temperatures at the 79F you're already at, and turn the light down slightly. That warmth really helps growth.

Forthepeople

Forthepeople

raise the light up!!!
It's like 18 inches above plants already .. truthfully it's only the one bud dead smack in the middle of the tent with that little top bleached was just worried if it was mold as I haven't experienced that yet

Forthepeople

Forthepeople

It's 69-80 never gets over 80...light stress maybe definitely not heat though

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Let me offer some different thoughts. Please dont take this as criticism, more less perhaps an error on my part, but never personal until I have to be ;)
I would say that plant hit a period of stunted growth at some point. The fact that there are brand new white pistils next to old weathered red pistils show an abnormal growth pattern. If I were to guess id say that the bud was starting to finish then was either reveged or had ran out of feed. I mean sure the light could be too high causing new growth to explode out of that area, but im pretty sure thats all that is is new growth coming out of the path of least resistance, meaning where the oils are not hardened over.
Id like to know the medium, feed rates, veg time and current flower time. Some overall pics from a distance to see the entire plant, and a pic of the top with the lights near off, or right when they come off or go on, use phone light or something to get a better shot of whats on top. I doubt its mold, im guessing just a bunch of new pistils coming out.
What was your humidity levels and what kind of light are you using and how far from the plant is it, and at what lux/par.
Im thinking some of that is just flash or reflection.

Forthepeople

Forthepeople

Let me offer some different thoughts. Please dont take this as criticism, more less perhaps an error on my part, but never personal until I have to be ;)
I would say that plant hit a period of stunted growth at some point. The fact that there are brand new white pistils next to old weathered red pistils show an abnormal growth pattern. If I were to guess id say that the bud was starting to finish then was either reveged or had ran out of feed. I mean sure the light could be too high causing new growth to explode out of that area, but im pretty sure thats all that is is new growth coming out of the path of least resistance, meaning where the oils are not hardened over.
Id like to know the medium, feed rates, veg time and current flower time. Some overall pics from a distance to see the entire plant, and a pic of the top with the lights near off, or right when they come off or go on, use phone light or something to get a better shot of whats on top. I doubt its mold, im guessing just a bunch of new pistils coming out.
What was your humidity levels and what kind of light are you using and how far from the plant is it, and at what lux/par.
Im thinking some of that is just flash or reflection.
It's actually a pollinated plant so it was definitely stunted..crosing a strain first attempt at it

Top Bottom