Scolymia7

Medium- coco/perlite
Nutrients-dilluted gh notes
Water-r.o.
Light- basic t8
Germination- paper towel method with peroxide
Temp 78°f

I popped four seeds and got 100% yay!!

One seed had these white fibers coming out of it and I thought it was from paper towel and didnt care. I checked this morning and those white fibers grew alot over night. Noob at pooping seeds so sorry if this is a normal thing and nothing to be concerned over. I've just not come across it in other threads. Is this mold? Or just normal?

Thanks for help

Mold or
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i was gonna say mycelum until you mention it was on the seed,i would isolate that one to the side away from the others and see what it becomes cause right now looks like the swamp thing haahh mycelum would be more intense than that are you sure it was the seed or the coco cause that look more like coco fiber growing something off it

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Positive on seed as white fibers were on it when removing from paper towel(which is why I assumed paper towels until this morning). It confuses me because I used peroxide and it was only 36ish hours before seeds popped and in coco. Could mold or Mycelium grow in that type of sterile environment that quickly?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Positive on seed as white fibers were on it when removing from paper towel(which is why I assumed paper towels until this morning). It confuses me because I used peroxide and it was only 36ish hours before seeds popped and in coco. Could mold or Mycelium grow in that type of sterile environment that quickly?
mycelium grows from the soil or medium,more often in soil and it is a pleasure to have it,best indicator the soil is alive and healthy same with the little white shroom that come up,what leans me away from mold is the stuff is standing mold would crawl across the medium

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I have mycelium in my current coco grow and the coco it's in seedling pot now is from same package as current grow. But white fibers were on seed in new plastic bag, bleached paper towel, and the water used had peroxide. That's where white fibers started, once in coco white fibers exploded in less than 24 hours. That's what made me concerned.

20190608 222217
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I used gloves when removing seeds from package/making germination bag/towel, and I didnt prep coco until the following day. So cross contamination couldnt of happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom