Mold, Week 6.5 Flower

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I've already fixed the issue/slapped myself for making the mistake.

High humity latley, 90%+ early AM 60ish throughout the day for the last 2 weeks. I've been able to keep area/room humidity between 55% and 60%. That's using both dehumidifier and dry mode on ac (which unfortunately is preset to 60%). Dehumidifier runs 24/7.

The stupid part, during the winter I have second tube that brings in the cold air. I blocked it but didn't really seal it. With the ladies getting later into flower, they started smelling up my house. Put the exhaust on a few times during the night cycle. My door is shut during lights out( two fans run constantly) The exhaust was pulling the hot humid air in from outside from poorly seeled intake though.

I've fixed all that, even found a way to pull in cool semi dry air from other room during lights out. Also added two fans plus an extra carbon filter.

I'm curious and hoping to hear from anyone that has made a simular mistake and what their outcome was? I found mold(white hairy not powdery) on 1 bud, the patch was smaller then a dime. Already carefully removed. Also looked all over the place for more visible mold. Couldn't find any, but I know spores can't be seen by the naked eye. Should I be concerned about a huge mold out break even after fixing/adjusting things? Or would it be smart to just chop and be happy I didn't loose everything lol?

Thanks for looking this random post over, I'm pry just being paranoid. Couldn't find any post related to my issue. I'd post picture but it's already long gone

B

Burned Haze

Show pictures and it will help make it easier to figure this out :)

I don’t get pm, budrot or any mold related on my plants ever indoors with preventive measures ( I run summer and winter and the temps def are different ) mold is exist always, key is to have healthy plants and proper airflow, vpd to what the plants want, are you running your plants at 75? I would do 80 and do c02 and have higher humidity. It reduces chances of spider mites and certain pest and plants love it. Key is air flow! Check out vpd if you haven’t yet

* As a preventive in any situation on mold and making healthy plants I highly suggest regalia (it’s systemic and helps your immunity and even helps yields )

Description: An effective, environmentally responsible biofungicide for better crop protection, better crop performance. REGALIA® advanced biofungicides activate a plant’s natural defenses to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial diseases, resulting in higher quality and yields. REGALIA® products are active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, delay the development of resistance, and help minimize chemical residues. They can be used as stand-alone products or in combination with other fungicides to strengthen integrated pest management programs (IPM) and to help manage resistance in a wide range of organic and conventional crops, as well as in turf and ornamentals.

Mode of Action: Regalia biofungicides have a unique and complex mode of action, referred to as Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR), and carry a FRAC code of P5. ISR creates a defense response in the treated plants and stimulates additional biochemical pathways that strengthen the plant structure and act against the pathogen.

When applied to crops, Regalia products activate ISR and induce the plants to produce specialized proteins and other compounds—phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins—which are known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases and also improve plant health and vigor.

Benefits: Regalia is an ideal tool to strenghten existing IPM and IRM programs. Regalis provides protection against a wide range of foliar and soil-borne pathogens. It improves overall plant health which can translate into a yield increase, enhanced root development, and plant vigor. Regalia biofungicide has a complex mode of action (ISR), Group P5 and provides mainstream performance

Regalia biofungicide has only 4-hour REI and requires minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements. It can be used up to the day of harvest without concern for residues. It has 0-day PHI as well as MRL tolerance exemption. Regalis biofungicide comes in easy-to-use liquid formulation and theer is no spray buffer required

Regalis is OMRI approved and NOP compliant, approved for field and greenhouse applications and can be applied by ground, air, or chemigation

So why use band aids or wait till you have pm ( once you see it or it’s in the plant you have to use things that are systemic and harmful/not approved in cannabis to get removed ) bud-rot ( once your buds are rotting it’s gone, like a rotting board from mold )

THE key prevention and healthy plants!check it for the future /try some on your crop too. I’m def a believer

Last edited by a moderator:
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I would of posted a picture, but I snipped the bud and flushed it.

My plants are all healthy, fat, sticky, stinking up my entire house. All has been well this grow.

I just made a little mistake and during lights off while the door was shut, hot humid air was being pumped into a sealed room causing it to heat up and become humid. I fixed this isssue.

What I'm trying to find out if there is any one who's experienced mold(not powder mildew) on buds this late in flower. Were they able to chop effected area, and rest be ok? Or wish they would of chopped at first sight of mold, because more followed. Friday is 7 weeks, I'm hoping to push to 9. But if having this little patch of mold means I chop now so be it.

I put a monitor in front of my camera in room and temp stayed at 75 and humidity at 50 all day. So the issue of hot humid air leaking in is fixed. I'm just making sure it's not too late. And im probally being a litrle paranoid because this is my smoke, if it all molds over.....well I will probally cry myself to sleep for the next few nights .

B

Burned Haze

Dip your buds @ 3% H2O2 rate ( get the 30%+ and dilluate it) in h202 to remove any contaminates and kill the molds/virus. Make 5-15 gal batches and throw away. Repeat process till done, key is small batches cause you want clean pool and not to put the contaminated in the bud.People sometimes worry about losing tricked but that’s not true or even a factor ( water and oils don’t mix)

Even if it’s not pm or budrot, if it’s a Contaminate , you gotta remove it or throw it away. That’s why this method works great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Thats good to know, thanks for video link. After I replied went down to give everything a look over. Sure enough alot more mold. Chopped an entire plant down. Can't do the dip now, but I'm going to order some food grade h202 for future emergency. So far it's only on one plant. I looked all over the other ones. This plant is directly under the vent that wasn't sealed. I'll post a picture here soon, one bud has a real nice patch of mold. I'm going to quick dry buds, chop all the buds with mold into small peices to dry faster and have a try at an all bud bho run. I've only used sugar leaves and little buds at bottom. It's beautiful pot and sad that I lost it to mold :(. But I'll smoke her one way or another :). Just going to start chopping my room down day by day even though it's too early. Winter is coming, and I'll just have to look foward to the cool dry air for the next run.

Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

My plants are all healthy, fat, sticky, stinking up my entire house. All has been well this grow.

I just made a little mistake and during lights off while the door was shut, hot humid air was being pumped into a sealed room causing it to heat up and become humid. I fixed this isssue.

What I'm trying to find out if there is any one who's experienced mold(not powder mildew) on buds this late in flower. Were they able to chop effected area, and rest be ok? Or wish they would of chopped at first sight of mold, because more followed. Friday is 7 weeks, I'm hoping to push to 9. But if having this little patch of mold means I chop now so be it.

I put a monitor in front of my camera in room and temp stayed at 75 and humidity at 50 all day. So the issue of hot humid air leaking in is fixed. I'm just making sure it's not too late. And im probally being a litrle paranoid because this is my smoke, if it all molds over.....well I will probally cry myself to sleep for the next few nights .
If you have a jewelry loop you can inspect you leaves above and below the spot where you found your mold, check all your plants. If you see tiny little black "spots" sitting in the leaves then your whole area is contaminated. I just delt with that myself, found one spot on a one clone then the other, I pulled out the loop and inspected, I could see the spores. I ripped everything out of the room, luckily only 2 if my clones got hit, my others I moved for a day while I attacked everything with bleach. Took my babies outside and gave them a bath in neem oil just in case, let them dry naturally outside. It's not a comfortable temp outside for my ladies right now so I pulled them in as soon as they were dry. Fixed the high humidity problem, (my personal opinion is that the high humidity for plants is very much over rated, causes more problems than anything.) Now eveyone is back in their space, except the 2 clones I've got them in isolation hoping I can save them, the infection is worse than I originally realized. I've cut 1/4 bud from one plant and 1/3 from the second. They got a focus treatment, just looked they need another and honestly it may be too late for those 2. It's a very resilient plant and I have a lot of faith in neem oil for a lot of the problems I encounter. I think my next grow im going to add neem germ to my soil, I've been told it I've gives plants a resistance starting at the cellular level. I'm kind of a not follow the rules grower, but I've been growing varioud kinds of plants organically for the last 25 years. I've only recently gotten into our lovely ladies. I just took everything I know about plants in general and applied it to this, plus im the child of hippie parents. I helped my dad with several of his grows before elementary school. Anyway best of luck on your mold situation.

If you have a jewelry loop take that and inspect your babies. I just had a similar issue, 2 clones were found with mold in a few of the buds. I pulled them out and put them in isolation after they got a treatment of neem oil, in an attempt to save them, I cut out all spots with mold first. 1/4 of one plant 1/3 of the second. With the jewelry loop you'll be able to see any spores that may have blown out. They look like little tiny black spots sitting on top of the leaves surface. I had 12 plants in the grow room. Once I inspected everything I pulled everything out bleached the whole room and all its contents. The healthy plants got a bath in neem oil, preventative, and put back after the room was decontaminated. The 2 in isolation still have issues. I'm going to give them another neem treatment, but the buds are so dense and honestly it may be to late for these 2. I'll be giving the other 10 another neem bath tomorrow. Im just freaking out doing everything In know to put the breaks on it. It's my own damn fault, I had the humidity to high and not enough ventilation. That's fixed. I'm not convinced that higher humidity is actually a good thing, I think I'll do an experiment. Best of luck to you, hopefully I was helpful.

Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

If you have a jewelry loop you can inspect you leaves above and below the spot where you found your mold, check all your plants. If you see tiny little black "spots" sitting in the leaves then your whole area is contaminated. I just delt with that myself, found one spot on a one clone then the other, I pulled out the loop and inspected, I could see the spores. I ripped everything out of the room, luckily only 2 if my clones got hit, my others I moved for a day while I attacked everything with bleach. Took my babies outside and gave them a bath in neem oil just in case, let them dry naturally outside. It's not a comfortable temp outside for my ladies right now so I pulled them in as soon as they were dry. Fixed the high humidity problem, (my personal opinion is that the high humidity for plants is very much over rated, causes more problems than anything.) Now eveyone is back in their space, except the 2 clones I've got them in isolation hoping I can save them, the infection is worse than I originally realized. I've cut 1/4 bud from one plant and 1/3 from the second. They got a focus treatment, just looked they need another and honestly it may be too late for those 2. It's a very resilient plant and I have a lot of faith in neem oil for a lot of the problems I encounter. I think my next grow im going to add neem germ to my soil, I've been told it I've gives plants a resistance starting at the cellular level. I'm kind of a not follow the rules grower, but I've been growing varioud kinds of plants organically for the last 25 years. I've only recently gotten into our lovely ladies. I just took everything I know about plants in general and applied it to this, plus im the child of hippie parents. I helped my dad with several of his grows before elementary school. Anyway best of luck on your mold situation.

If you have a jewelry loop take that and inspect your babies. I just had a similar issue, 2 clones were found with mold in a few of the buds. I pulled them out and put them in isolation after they got a treatment of neem oil, in an attempt to save them, I cut out all spots with mold first. 1/4 of one plant 1/3 of the second. With the jewelry loop you'll be able to see any spores that may have blown out. They look like little tiny black spots sitting on top of the leaves surface. I had 12 plants in the grow room. Once I inspected everything I pulled everything out bleached the whole room and all its contents. The healthy plants got a bath in neem oil, preventative, and put back after the room was decontaminated. The 2 in isolation still have issues. I'm going to give them another neem treatment, but the buds are so dense and honestly it may be to late for these 2. I'll be giving the other 10 another neem bath tomorrow. Im just freaking out doing everything In know to put the breaks on it. It's my own damn fault, I had the humidity to high and not enough ventilation. That's fixed. I'm not convinced that higher humidity is actually a good thing, I think I'll do an experiment. Best of luck to you, hopefully I was helpful.
Sorry about the redundant post still learning to navigate this site on my phone
Dip your buds @ 3% H2O2 rate ( get the 30%+ and dilluate it) in h202 to remove any contaminates and kill the molds/virus. Make 5-15 gal batches and throw away. Repeat process till done, key is small batches cause you want clean pool and not to put the contaminated in the bud.People sometimes worry about losing tricked but that’s not true or even a factor ( water and oils don’t mix)

Even if it’s not pm or budrot, if it’s a Contaminate , you gotta remove it or throw it away. That’s why this method works great!

That is an awesome video, I never thought of that. Thanks for the share.

Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

Thats good to know, thanks for video link. After I replied went down to give everything a look over. Sure enough alot more mold. Chopped an entire plant down. Can't do the dip now, but I'm going to order some food grade h202 for future emergency. So far it's only on one plant. I looked all over the other ones. This plant is directly under the vent that wasn't sealed. I'll post a picture here soon, one bud has a real nice patch of mold. I'm going to quick dry buds, chop all the buds with mold into small peices to dry faster and have a try at an all bud bho run. I've only used sugar leaves and little buds at bottom. It's beautiful pot and sad that I lost it to mold :(. But I'll smoke her one way or another :). Just going to start chopping my room down day by day even though it's too early. Winter is coming, and I'll just have to look foward to the cool dry air for the next run.
Maybe consider using the molded bud in butter instead of smoking it. You van still get the effects without hurting your lungs. Just a thought.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You really should use a .2um filter to filter any spores out before ingestion or inhalation.

Spores are bad, mold as well.
Please be safe.

Top Bottom