Monkey paw anyone?

• Thread starter Kindone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Was that the stuff coming up from Texas? I wonder if that was some Panama Red?

That's what I always assumed it was. I know what we were getting as "redbud" had a few seeds in it.
It was one of the very first plants I tried to grow. 100% sativa without a doubt.....

Motarebel

Motarebel

eager to see this one. I had assumed it was long gone.
I've seen people post pics of OG looking plants claiming it was Monkey Paw certainly not what I remember seeing
Yeah I was talking to Tony from Oasis seeds trying to get the paralyzer from him this last weekend and the paw popped up. He said he could get the paw for me and he's releasing some Paralyzer f5's in August at the HTC. Possibly getting the paralyzer too but only for headstash.

Motarebel

Motarebel

That's what I always assumed it was. I know what we were getting as "redbud" had a few seeds in it.
It was one of the very first plants I tried to grow. 100% sativa without a doubt.....
Reason I asked is I'm waiting on some PR beans atm. My bro's caretaker is from Panama and her family sent us a bunch of Red beans to play with.

sixstring

sixstring

Was that the stuff coming up from Texas? I wonder if that was some Panama Red?
it coulda been panama red,my guy back then called it redbud.same dude i used to get the monkey paw from.his uncle was a grower/dealer and his dad was a cop lol.im pretty sure both were grown in his basement in detroit.lost contact with my buddy when we were 16 cause i moved away then he moved away.that would have been around 1984-85.

R

rascali

it coulda been panama red,my guy back then called it redbud.same dude i used to get the monkey paw from.his uncle was a grower/dealer and his dad was a cop lol.im pretty sure both were grown in his basement in detroit.lost contact with my buddy when we were 16 cause i moved away then he moved away.that would have been around 1984-85.

There were a lot of different Reds back then, we used to get mexican, columbian, jamaican and panamanian. The common characteristic was the long heavy high. The "good old day's", huh?

happylittle

happylittle

Monkey Paw is a strain of Ganja brought back from VietNam and grown in the Great State of Michigan with Great Success!!!! I should know!!!!!!!!
This is one I have heard about and have always wanted to try. Ive been searching for some of the long time Michigan Strains to work on some Mitten preservation.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Good luck, IMO the Monkey Paw has gone the way of the dinosaur.
I've tried several "real deal" samples, ran down a few leads all have lead nowhere.
If it is out there its locked down tighter than a frog's butt hole.

H

hotrrod7076

I have a chance to get monkey paw and hash plant....im wondering are they high in cbn and thc ...i have train wreck n amnesia, blue god, g13, head band. So far amnesia train wreck and head band n g13 are my most potent ones being amnesia being my highest thc plant n the best out of them all.. just wonder how monkey paw n hash plant compare to those. Carious what u all think....n also i heard a true monkey paw buds curled down at the ends well top of the bud curled down n thats how it got it name cause it reassembled a monkey paw is there any truth to that

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Both local buds and import bricks were called redbud back then. Basically anything with red hair. I had access to locally produced redbud around then. This old timer had said it was bag seed from some Panama Red circa 1978. I know he crossed it later with an NL5 male. I wouldn't be surprised if those genetics were still kicking around someone's garden.

The Monkey Paw was certainly something unique. I remember rock solid, club shaped nuggets covered in golden trichs. I always thought it looked more like a cat's paw but whatever. I had assumed it was an indica due to the density of the nuggets and the flavor reminded me of a Hindu Kush. I have not seen nor heard of it for 20 years. If it is still around it may no longer resemble the original. You know how we are always trying to improve our plants. ;)

M

motz

Got a Monkey Paw x Purple Fuck that has come from Hazeman, maybe that could be a start for ya to look

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Both local buds and import bricks were called redbud back then. Basically anything with red hair. I had access to locally produced redbud around then. This old timer had said it was bag seed from some Panama Red circa 1978. I know he crossed it later with an NL5 male. I wouldn't be surprised if those genetics were still kicking around someone's garden.

The Monkey Paw was certainly something unique. I remember rock solid, club shaped nuggets covered in golden trichs. I always thought it looked more like a cat's paw but whatever. I had assumed it was an indica due to the density of the nuggets and the flavor reminded me of a Hindu Kush. I have not seen nor heard of it for 20 years. If it is still around it may no longer resemble the original. You know how we are always trying to improve our plants. ;)

We told all kinds of people all kinds of BS stories back in the mid 80's to move our gear, even into the late 80's.
As a matter of fact we "learned" that trick from an old timer, lol... Wasn't until the early-mid 90's that people didn't turn down "home grown", even though it was the exact same genetics we'd been slinging all along:cool:

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

We told all kinds of people all kinds of BS stories back in the mid 80's to move our gear, even into the late 80's.
As a matter of fact we "learned" that trick from an old timer, lol... Wasn't until the early-mid 90's that people didn't turn down "home grown", even though it was the exact same genetics we'd been slinging all along:cool:

A lot of BS indeed. Back then all diesel meant was something shipped north in a gas tank.

sweettooth22

sweettooth22

monkey paw is around...... had a friends uncle that had only Monkey Paw from the first 10 years of the 2000's that "I" know of. stuff looked like a dull light green and stacked fingers as decried. He wouldn't give it out for anything. i have no clue about the genetics but i know i have found it years later.....i got an old Fire Og cut from the same guy......but only kept the fire

Top Bottom