MOnoploidism?

• Thread starter H3mpseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

H3mpseed

I'm familiar with the common diploid cannabis phenotype (2 leaves at each node), the tetra- and poly-'s, but I noticed on one of my young female sativas that it's stem structure has gone from di- to what I can only describe as monoploidism. It has one leave stem at a time, each alternating (with that wide node distance I've come to hate) back and forth up the stem. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? I'll try to get a pic up tommorow cause she's taking her beauty sleep.

If I'm not mistaken the fact that it reverted from one ploidism to another would signify that it's Mommadukes was treated with colchiline. I think if it was a pure monoloid it wouldn't have started as a diploid.

Anyone have any eperience on the subject?

K

koopa troopa

monoploidism? what the hell is that? it's called haploid.

H

H3mpseed

Okay, wrong prefix. Since you seem to know so much tell me a lil about it.

starkid

starkid

cannabis leaves can be arranged opposite, one leaf on either side at each node, or sub-opposite, one leaf on one side per node. having a sub-opposite arrangement is nothing to worry about. i don't think i've seen a strain yet that doesn't stretch into that sub-opposite arrangement. personally, i like it, because each budsite gets more light that way.

K

koopa troopa

there are only opposite and alternate arrangements. sub-opposite means the leafs are almost across each other on the branch, but not enough to be considered alternate. haploids are what human gametes are b/c they have only one set of chromosome and not diploid with two homologous pairs. ughhh

starkid

starkid

okay, call it alternate then. the point is that it's not a problem.

H

H3mpseed

koopa is there any reason you feel the need to jump in threads and nitpick each incorrect word you see? It's one thing to correct somebody, but your being a smartass and that only provokes arguments.

and i dont want to argue. :bongsmi:

K

koopa troopa

the only reason i correct you is because the game "telephone" has real-world situations and all it takes is one person to ruin it. it is also so you know what it is called. spreading of misinformation is not needed.

A

addicted

SORRY BOYS! I'm going to have to agree with koopa on that!!

I hate nothing more then people spreading misinformation. It always seems to me that one honest truthful post is overshadowed by 10 misinformed know-it-all types.(not in regard of anyone in this thread... just a general observation of forums of the past frequency)

But with that being said, nothing in the history of the world has been more discussed, and argued about then cannabis... 'nuf said.

And to the OP! Yes, it is fine and often times common. From what I gather from my grows it usually occurs most often for me around time of maturation... or first sign of sex. I can usually rely on seeing this in most of my strains within the 4-5th week of veg.

K

koopa troopa

right on addicted. usually premature plants have opposite branching meaning they are on the same axis. as they begin to mature the branching switches to alternate.

Top Bottom