Montana outdoor?

• Thread starter Ya...The Pizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Ya...The Pizza

I am a medical patient in northcentral montana, and I would like to maybe try some outdoor growing this year. Does anyone with experience in the area have some pointers they might want to offer?

S

Skunkenstein

Getting the right Genetics is the Biggest Hurdle..so important for outdoors.Try Peak seeds..Northern Lights.West coast seeds..Donkey Dick. Doc Atomics..Blueberry/Northern lights.Nirvana..Aurora Indica. All these strains are Potent and will finish in Late Sept, early Oct. in your Area.I've grown indoor cuttings Outside in the past..they will grow like crazy, but they never really finish before the Frost sets in..So getting a strain that will finish late Sept is paramount to success.Take those seeds and Pollinate a couple females outdoors..Those seeds will become aclimated to your area..when you grow out your new Generation you should be able to find some really good specimens that will Finish up...I believe this too be True from my outdoor growing and seed making experiences.So invest the Right Genetics from the Get-go...Then acclimate those seedlines to your Particular area..takes a season extra..but Pays you Back in Spades!!

Apache69

Apache69

Iranian Auto Flower

Check out the Iranian Auto Flowerer at Dr Green Thumb

Y

Ya...The Pizza

have you grown the iranian autflower? I've seen pictures of it but never heard from anybody who had harvested it before. I'm a little skeptical of some of the strains I see in magazines, but if i know someone has grown it on thcfarmer, it should be pretty legit. I'll probly start inducing the plants into flowering inside their greenhouse as soon as i put them outside in mid june. That way they should have about to enough time to flower. Trouble with montana is the temperature could dip below 32 degrees during august! I've heard of Pamir Gold from dutch passion, might give that one a try outdoor as well this year, they say it does well in cold climates. I'm thinking about erecting an A-frame greenhouse out of PVC pipe and some type of visqueen-like material. I'm not sure what height I want to make the greenhouse, though.

matamus

matamus

I have grown some plants outdoor in montana, location far east montana. water is critical especially in the 100+f days in montana. when I look for my outdoor spots I try an find a place that gets good direct sunlight in the am hrs an is shaded in the hot pm hours, Ak-47 like it out where im from. watch out for hail storms it will devastate your crop, an the deer can be bad, never had an issue with RH out here. she stays pretty dry.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

thanks matamus, I'll keep that am/pm sun location in my mind when i pick my spot. I think i'm gonna do a smaller greenhouse for my autoflowering and maybe an 8ftr for the regular plants.

cannabeans

cannabeans

try cannacopia roadkill x deep chunk. finished by end of sept! stinky potent! and really hardy! as an experiment the let go till middle of oct and let the freeze hit it! still alive amazing! 29 degrees and frost all over it! still alive ! but as you know montana has very tough climate! if you want to be successful! try a greenhouse!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Great White North and Westcoast seeds (they've got them at hemp depot) specialize in canadian outdoor strains. Check those out.

Mighty might is a good strain to breed into anything you're gonna try outdoor up north. Durban poison seems to finish well outdoor up north for some reason, that's an old canadian favorite.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

I've never heard of those companies but, I'll check them out. Are the germination rates for west coast seeds pretty decent?

Y

Ya...The Pizza

ya, for sure, I was thinking about inducing flowering on my greenhouse crop next year with a heavy-ish tarp of some sort. not sure how thats gonna affect the night-time environment inside the greenhouse. might need a dehumidifier, maybe???? I figure if start vegging by march, and induce 12/12 by july, I'm thinkin I'll be able to have a bigger crop, and finish much earlier. This year I took it about a week into november, right before the snow hits. Decent crop, but I think next year's will be a lot better.

L

LightDep530

Anybody else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but a norcal staple for years and years has been the AfGoo. I see some varieties finishing before october. Its indica dominant potent medicine that stays lowish so its easier to work on and conceal.
I don't care for its smoke but a lot of folks do. People tell me they grow it because "It's a sure thing". Light dep if the way to go. I use a dehumidifier and fans to keep down problems. One friend pulls his tarp at 6 pm and then pulls it off when its good and dark, then gets to sleep in the morning. I feel like it could be a problem when we are gaining hours of light. (sun comes up a few minutes earlier each day). Good luck out there!
My impression of Montana was that you can see for a long way, I could imagine tweaker rippers spotting those big green girls from a mile a away. Be careful

Y

Ya...The Pizza

My impression of Montana was that you can see for a long way, I could imagine tweaker rippers spotting those big green girls from a mile a away. Be careful

You are very correct my friend. There is plenty of those types around here and they are some of the most rotten people I've met before. Thanks for the input bro, much appreciated!

:party0023:

E

easy

Montana outdoors?

It can be done. A gh would probably be best... easy.

picture.php

O

outdoor farmer

helana plants

hers some Mr nice guy it ended October 10 i got a lit start to some still got over 5 feet

DSC00342
DSC00323
DSC00346
Y

Ya...The Pizza

nice work dude, im gonna do a greenhouse again next year. I'm not sure how I'm gonna induce flowering, though, cause I need it to happen a lot earlier than it did this year. I'm debating on whether I should tarp the greenhouse for 12/12. or just board up the side that faces the morning sun, or something to that effect. I need to get started flowering this year no later than august, though.

Top Bottom