Moonishine Still Extraction/recovery ?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

i was wondering if anyone has ever used a moonshine type still to recover either methanol or ethanol?

I know this would be a little sketchy distilling pure alcohol versus watered down mash.

does anyone have any valid reasons why i shouldnt try this?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

other than it being illegal?
i was wondering if anyone has ever used a moonshine type still to recover either methanol or ethanol?

I know this would be a little sketchy distilling pure alcohol versus watered down mash.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

@Graywolf thats who i would probably ask...

D

dabarino

Roto vape is what your after.

A "moonshine still" type of glass/vacuum/chiller is a distillation setup to firther clean up extracts.

i am very aware of what a roto vape is and how it functions. my question was specifically about using a still to do this process.

D

dabarino

My friend has a tabletop still that he uses to recover his ethanol. He has never had any issues.
thats what i was looking to hear!

I was thinking about using my immersion circulator to "double boil style" heat the pot versus a hot plate

L

lapdog

Having a roto, tabletop distiller, and a bigger tabletop distiller (8 gal) with a copper flute, the best method is using an actual still that is filled with copper or ceramics to get the proof back up to 194. I use ethanol for cleaning purposes and then dump it into the tabletop stainless distiller to redistill it to clean it back up to reuse, all the garbage you dump out of the distiller after a few sessions. The only problem with the tabletop unit is that it will distill any water left in it after the alcohol has done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom