more nute's or try some cal-mag ?

• Thread starter H.man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H.man

H.man

Hello fellow growers
Im really starting to like this forum , the amount of information that is being shared here is amazing
even If I havent got many reply's yet xp
But i'm unpatient to help lady's and improve in general.

I have an other (not auto) AMG lady sitting in a smaller tent
she is also showing signs of undernutrification ??? that is what i'm seeing ...
Am always really carefull with nutrients i give her GHE tripart and was giving average 1.5 ec every 2 watering at ph 5-6-6.3 the bottle says ec between 1.8-2.4 so im to low
the medium is
30% earth 5-5-5
30% peat
20%perlite
20% vermiculite

the buds are forming wel about week 2
i have grown many plants and always around this time(flower time) they start turning yellow and i think it because im not using any cal mag suplements?
but when i grow smaller plants I dont seem to have this issue
The plant that is next to it in the video is a "healty" autoflower this one is also smaller and doesn show this problem .

what would you advice just give more nute's ?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

How long have you been flowering it? 1.5 ec sounds about right but I also don’t grow in soil.

Reactions: PK1
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Also did you keep feeding some veg nutrients when you flipped or did you go right to flower nutrients?

Reactions: PK1
H.man

H.man

Also did you keep feeding some veg nutrients when you flipped or did you go right to flower nutrients?
I did stop quite early with veg nutrients but never completely because with this GHE tripart you keep giving some "grow" and just decrease it over time ...
This plant was vegging out-side this summer and i make it flower by putting it "3 days dark" and then 12/12
In general she seems underfed no ? i can not see any nutrient burn at tips of any leaf.
Then after talking with furiousstyles about this other grow i have ...
Think i have to give water with higher ph first i was giving it water at ph of 6.0 avrg and between 5.6 and 6.3

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

@H.man the problem is a combination of things not just one, at this point. I'll break it down.
The calcium in your nutrients is creating an excess and will cause ph to go down in the soil.
The water you are feeding with is low ph. You are in SOIL not HYDRO. I'm not saying the ph range is not correct for optimal nutrient uptake. What I was saying in the other thread is that the soil will fix itself, all the calcium put in with your nutrients, will buffer your almost neutral tap water to the correct parameters.
Calcium is a good thing, but if your grow part is 10% calcium and your bloom part is 10% calcium thats 20% Calcium in the solution you are putting in your soil every time you feed. Which is ok once every 3-4 weeks, but if you do that once or twice a week, over time you get a build up, which is why at roughly the same time in your grows you start to see the problem.

Your plants look really good and just not using ph down with your tap water, could make a huge difference if you are going to continue with that nutrient line.

H.man

H.man

Hy all
I have been giving them tap water at ph of 7.4 for one week now.
But I notice little positieve change !
They are not dying but in general a little more yellow...
Also I see many burned tips and little burn spots on the leaves.
I added 2 times when watering half a teaspoon of Epsom salt... For 10l
Also I have the feeling the buds a growing slowly
In the second video you can see 1 plant that is healthy green and it's in the same soil as the other ones... Verry Strange
Is it not possible my led lights are turning them yellow?

H.man

H.man

I use this tripart GHE NUTRIENTS
I ALWAYS USED TO start with My grow
Then micro then bloom..
But now i read that if you mix it like i do u can have nutriënt lock-out !
You have to start with micro then grow then bloom ?
can someone conform this ?

H.man

H.man

Hy all
I bought a ph meter and did some testing
I tried to make and overview
The plants are producing buds of good quality but the size is small slow grow and all leaves are dying
I know there is not much time left... Nr 1-4 are in week 4 of flower smaller ones 3 weeks into flower

I'm pretty sure the PH is to low in the soil
And I need to raise it....
I already have been watering them with tap water ph 7.5 Should I ph it on like 8 or 9 for it to make a difference
Can I just start adding chalk?
It think it also contains calcium something an other grower told me I should not add?

How can I raise the ph of my soil?
Without drowning them.again????

I'm breewing a the with wormcompost
I also have ph up that I could add to it water. ...
In my opinion they have a lock out
Because of low ph
I will take a pic of this chalk or lime...
And can I mix chalk into my tea?

I also have been giving them to much light ...

EE4B325B 515E 4E7B 9C9A 4AA33E92FFD0
746C814A 6F4A 478E BDF2 046460D604B5
AC955106 8CEB 4D58 8F1D 4964B82572CD
P

Pike

jebus, you haven’t been PHing your water? Every single solution you put on your plants should be phe. You want 6-6.5 bro, 8/9 haha your locking um out.

do not guess what you might think is wrong or it needs, go back to square one with your soil, rinse the shit outta it with PHed water, check your run off until it is the same as going in, flush the bad out.let the plant dry out, and then feed normal ph nutes.

if you just keep dumping shit on the plants, your never gonna get um right, unless your damn lucky.

P

Pike

As for light, I’m running two 540watts burples, 95%, and one 600w over a 4x8 tray, some plants are 6/8 inches away, two plants prolly 4/5 inches, there just fine. If you can put more light to your plants then the sun can, then ya, you have to much light.

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I would make my medium and nute solution ~5.7 pH and my medium ~5.8-5.9 pH, and keep my medium at ~1.3 ec using 1 bottle of general purpose. That is only if I wanted to see any healthy plants though.

You can mess with nutes forever, if pH is off it won't mean anything.

H.man

H.man

My ec was about 0.6-0.8
Last time I got some run off .
But they are drinking very slowly....

To get the ph of the soil up ?
Is a good idea to ph my water then at 6.8 because I need to go up. To around 5.9 but I am at 5.0....
With ec of 1.3 nute’s

Will the soil that is on average 5.0 Ph ,
Not take that down That Ph and will It not result in very little ph change up in the soil itself ?
And how do I know that the ph is not going to change, in that water note solution in 24h
Should I make sure solution and check it for 24h or even more ?

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I don't really use nute solution, just water, but I have to let my water sit for at least a week for the pH to stop rising like crazy.

To raise pH in soil I use pelleted dolomite lime (I like to let it break down in water, powedered I think would be better for me). The ratios are going to vary for every medium, but for my soil I need about half a cup for 0.5 pH raise, in a gallon of MY soil, I have no idea about your soil. That is fairly close, I don't have access to my notes right now, so I may be off a few points.

I like to let my pellets sit in water and break down so I can water them in better and make holes in the soil so I can get it toward the bottom of the pot as well. Ideally you notice low pH a lot sooner and just scratching into soil and watering in will be good.

It's not a good situation and prevention is the best cure, to prevent, always monitor pH.

I have no advice for you because I have done what you have done and not always been successful at bringing them back. I do believe my methods are more sound now though.

First thing (this is not advice), I would (calibrate pH meter), do a very good job to make sure you know what is going on in the pot regarding pH, for sake of not making it worse.

After that, if pH really is 5.0, I would add 1/4 cup pelletized dolomite lime (max), per gallon of soil, by making holes in the soil to add limestone mixed in water, and scratching into surface, then watering in.

After that, hope for the best.

That is just what I would do, I don't suggest you take it as advice.

Top Bottom