More questions ! Sorry I’m advance 😂

• Thread starter ChrispyTater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

So have noticed a few changes on my leafs. I’m guessing from what I’ve looked up and read it’s spider mites and potentially manganese deficiency? Just wondering your guys thoughts. Thanks a lot guys and gals

More questions  sorry im advance
More questions  sorry im advance 2
More questions  sorry im advance 3
More questions  sorry im advance 4
More questions  sorry im advance 5
More questions  sorry im advance 6
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So have noticed a few changes on my leafs. I’m guessing from what I’ve looked up and read it’s spider mites and potentially manganese deficiency? Just wondering your guys thoughts. Thanks a lot guys and gals
yep bugs

Dan789

Dan789

One thing, growing outdoors attracts every bug in existence, it’s why many grow indoors in a more controlled environment...not to have to fuck with as many bugs...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well i’m not the bug person, maybe reach out to
@Seraphine she will know all..
One thing, growing outdoors attracts every bug in existence, it’s why many grow indoors in a more controlled environment...not to have to fuck with as many bugs...
somewhere where it can get a pretty consistent breeze
nor necessarily true, but i get ya, guess it depends on the area in which you live.

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

somewhere where it can get a pretty consistent breeze

nor necessarily true, but i get ya, guess it depends on the area in which you live.
I live in New Zealand. There’s not normally to many bugs around but obviously have caught some. I read vacuuming is the go so I’ll give that a crack

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I live in New Zealand. There’s not normally to many bugs around but obviously have caught some. I read vacuuming is the go so I’ll give that a crack
be careful!
did you reach out to @Seraphine

Seraphine

Seraphine

spider mites but I can’t tell which species because the it’s not a zoomed in enough picture. But really, identification of species is not pertinent since almost all spider mites cause the same type of damage. Have you checked for aphids too? Those black spots could be a mildew that grows on the honeydew produced by aphids.

you could have a deficiency but you’ll need to treat for the mites first since sometimes mite damage can also appear to look like deficiencies.

you can prune heavily infested leaves and dispose of properly. I like to keep a bucket of bleach water in my grow room to drop foliage in it then fish the leaves out later and dispose in trash bags. vacuuming can work too but just make sure you sanitize the vacuum properly when done.

Since you’re in flower, you can use green cleaner, azadirachtin, pyrethrins, horticul oil (not neem) after sun goes down, if not you’ll burn your plants if you spray in full sun. Repeat with a different active ingredient every 3 days. Try to avoid spraying on the buds. Make sure you spot test ant pyrethrins on a leaf before spraying the entire plant. I’ve seriously burnt plants using it but other plants are just fine. there are other costly methods that you use too. On my flower farm, I use grandevo wdg. It is a biological that uses a bacteria that continuously infects and kills EVERYTHING except fucking cucumber beetles. I hate those things! How it kills broad mites, spider mites and white flies but not cucumber beetles is ridiculous 😂

also, make sure to clean up any plant debris.

those are all organic methods. Not too current on conventional pesticides to

ChrispyTater

ChrispyTater

W
spider mites but I can’t tell which species because the it’s not a zoomed in enough picture. But really, identification of species is not pertinent since almost all spider mites cause the same type of damage. Have you checked for aphids too? Those black spots could be a mildew that grows on the honeydew produced by aphids.

you could have a deficiency but you’ll need to treat for the mites first since sometimes mite damage can also appear to look like deficiencies.

you can prune heavily infested leaves and dispose of properly. I like to keep a bucket of bleach water in my grow room to drop foliage in it then fish the leaves out later and dispose in trash bags. vacuuming can work too but just make sure you sanitize the vacuum properly when done.

Since you’re in flower, you can use green cleaner, azadirachtin, pyrethrins, horticul oil (not neem) after sun goes down, if not you’ll burn your plants if you spray in full sun. Repeat with a different active ingredient every 3 days. Try to avoid spraying on the buds. Make sure you spot test ant pyrethrins on a leaf before spraying the entire plant. I’ve seriously burnt plants using it but other plants are just fine. there are other costly methods that you use too. On my flower farm, I use grandevo wdg. It is a biological that uses a bacteria that continuously infects and kills EVERYTHING except fucking cucumber beetles. I hate those things! How it kills broad mites, spider mites and white flies but not cucumber beetles is ridiculous 😂

also, make sure to clean up any plant debris.

Woooow I see why you come recommend 😂 amazing knowledge. Where it’s all extremely new to me I’ll do my best to contain it. Does seem like it’s a bit past me to get rid of them all. Hopefully I can sort something soon. Here is a removed leaf with one crawling around cheeky bugger just tormenting me lol along with some spray I have been using. Thank you so much for your time

3D0EF45E C0C6 4699 A008 1FC6A7BDBFB5
74E73AF2 6720 40E9 BB41 19A20E5B7193
B46CCF4D 3209 4B7F B937 3ABE9E82E23C
Seraphine

Seraphine

The thing with growing outside is that there will alway be critters! You will want to rotate pesticides. Mites are known to build resistance to pesticides because their life cycle is so short. For example, the one mite that survives a round of that pesticide will live to produce offspring that will resistant to it. So when you go to spray again, it wont' kill the mites. you need a few different pesticides with different active ingredients. treat every 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom