most efficient ways to collect pollen and to pollinate?

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Im going to attempt making some seeds. would like to know if anybody has any experience in the most efficient ways to collect pollen and to pollenate. i have an order of thc-victory on the way that i like to pollenate with a malawi gold male. i don't want to do the whole plant just a branch. i searched thcFarmer really could not find anything relevant. any body with knowledge of this process or can send me some were to research this process would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

Dan789

Dan789

During my last grow I attempted to isolate and grow out two males while inside large plastic bags, then collect the pollen that I accumulated. I wasn’t successful, I must not have stored the pollen collected correctly because when I brushed it onto a few buds 6 weeks from harvest, nothing happened...so I can’t offer any assistance, sorry.

shaganja

shaganja

Im going to attempt making some seeds. would like to know if anybody has any experience in the most efficient ways to collect pollen and to pollenate. i have an order of thc-victory on the way that i like to pollenate with a malawi gold male. i don't want to do the whole plant just a branch. i searched thcFarmer really could not find anything relevant. any body with knowledge of this process or can send me some were to research this process would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!
If plants are growing at the same time, you can chop a branch of the male that has lots of pollen pods that are opening, and put it in a wine paper bag. The long narrow ones. And put the bag over the girl branch you wanna pollinate. And tape it shut. Come over and shake the bag when you are in the garden to make sure they mix. Some say leave the bag on for 24 hours. I leave mine on for three days. Make sure rain ISNT in the forecast.
When you take the bag off, mist the branch with water, so the pollen left on the branch is killed. I learned this one the hard way. If you don't, the wind takes that pollen and gives it to other plants.

This year I am trying a pollen collector technique I just found. I saw a method using a tray under the plant to catch pollen, and a clear bag with holes on top of the bag, to keep it from pollinating anyone else. Shake the plant to help the pollen drop, and it collects on the tray under your plant. I have a couple desicant packs from shoes I will put in the pollen jar, to keep em dry. We'll see how this way goes.
I hope any of this helps.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

If plants are growing at the same time, you can chop a branch of the male that has lots of pollen pods that are opening, and put it in a wine paper bag. The long narrow ones. And put the bag over the girl branch you wanna pollinate. And tape it shut. Come over and shake the bag when you are in the garden to make sure they mix. Some say leave the bag on for 24 hours. I leave mine on for three days. Make sure rain ISNT in the forecast.
When you take the bag off, mist the branch with water, so the pollen left on the branch is killed. I learned this one the hard way. If you don't, the wind takes that pollen and gives it to other plants.

This year I am trying a pollen collector technique I just found. I saw a method using a tray under the plant to catch pollen, and a clear bag with holes on top of the bag, to keep it from pollinating anyone else. Shake the plant to help the pollen drop, and it collects on the tray under your plant. I have a couple desicant packs from shoes I will put in the pollen jar, to keep em dry. We'll see how this way goes.
can you tell me about what week the male is ready to drop its pollen?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

is it possible to freeze pollen?

Top Bottom