Most Important Part Of Soil Mix?? Secret Ingredients?? Lets Get Some Opionions!

• Thread starter slausongardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Define dry out then I'll.....
Dried out, as in no more moisture. If the soil crumbles apart instead of holding together a bit (like a pie dough just before you add the water), then I think it's too dry.

Because I'm culturing soil microbes and feeding the soil rather than the plant, allowing that drying out is counterproductive. It causes them to either move into deeper layers, or to sporulate so they can survive (or whatever that word is).
Drying out to me does not mean drying to the point of detriment or death lol
Then we would each have to better quantify what we mean. I hope I've done that better above, sans actual moisture levels. I'm not a finger-sticker, either.
Water wars? LOL

I have found that the watering regimen for me (which is outdoors) is very unpredictable and that there is no magic number. Too many variable, temp swings, winds, RH, etc. Growing indoors in a controlled climate may be easier to calculate...if one chooses. I've never grown indoors so I don't know shit.

As I said before, there's lots of ways to skin a cat,,,,,and if what you do works then keep doing it. ;)

I am far from any master grower/expert...and always looking for new, better and cleaner ideas.
And THAT is where cover crops come into play. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom