Mother seeds vs clone seeds

• Thread starter topshelfkarl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

topshelfkarl

Hi everybody,

Can anyone comment on the differences between a seed generated from a mother plant in comparison to a seed from its clone?

Just to see, I took some cuttings from a plant in flower to grab a clone or two. The earlier attempts in veg weren't successful. In the end, the plant in flower produced nanners, generating a surplus of seeds. The cuttings I took rooted, went back through veg and then onto flower before producing nanners and making seeds. I'm not sure if the nanners were unstable genetics or from me adding to much stress or stress at the wrong time. But the seeds, are they gonna be different? The growing environment and feeding schedules were very similar. Has anyone tried growing a side by side like this to compare the quality and quantity of the buds, or tolerance of the plants?

- K

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everybody,

Can anyone comment on the differences between a seed generated from a mother plant in comparison to a seed from its clone?

Just to see, I took some cuttings from a plant in flower to grab a clone or two. The earlier attempts in veg weren't successful. In the end, the plant in flower produced nanners, generating a surplus of seeds. The cuttings I took rooted, went back through veg and then onto flower before producing nanners and making seeds. I'm not sure if the nanners were unstable genetics or from me adding to much stress or stress at the wrong time. But the seeds, are they gonna be different? The growing environment and feeding schedules were very similar. Has anyone tried growing a side by side like this to compare the quality and quantity of the buds, or tolerance of the plants?

- K
The seeds will be the same ,clones are copies,you are making more of the same.

TSD

TSD

My comment is that this clone and its seeds should all be discarded.
I second that, no sense wasting time on seeds that have a high probability of herming out... but to answer the question... they are called clones cause they are... clones... identical copies of the mother... the genetics and predisposition to popping out nanners will be the same... can't change bad genetics with a good environment.

Top Bottom