Motherearth Meal Mixes?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all - indoor coco grower here .I use Veg + Bloom and some Nectar for the Gods along with microbe supplements, EWC, perlite, biochar.

Just found the Mother Earth Meal Mixes. There's a bloom I'm considering adding as a mix in .

Yes my V+B, microbes should be enough ..but I'm very careful with salts and am a fan of dry amendments. I dont risk running my own combos since I've burned before, but I'm thinking of just following the directions and giving my pots a little extra food for the plants to uptake through flower .
I found a thread on Growilla but nothing from people who have used M.E. brand. Thoughts?

H

Highkev

Hey all - indoor coco grower here .I use Veg + Bloom and some Nectar for the Gods along with microbe supplements, EWC, perlite, biochar.

Just found the Mother Earth Meal Mixes. There's a bloom I'm considering adding as a mix in .

Yes my V+B, microbes should be enough ..but I'm very careful with salts and am a fan of dry amendments. I dont risk running my own combos since I've burned before, but I'm thinking of just following the directions and giving my pots a little extra food for the plants to uptake through flower .
I found a thread on Growilla but nothing from people who have used M.E. brand. Thoughts?

H

Highkev

If it's something new added to an already good mix I would start light to see how they react. Maybe even test it out on one before hand. Don't fix what isn't broke

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My local shop just started carrying the Mother Earth soil. I can’t find the full ingredient list. They just state “meals” after the base ingredients.

I am going soon to check the bag out. It seems odd that there is a large amount of ingredients but it is marketed as a controlled early fertilizing mix.

I am hoping it is equal in elements to ocean forest with 25% added large perlite and doesn’t need perlite mixed in.

Potter’s gold here was like that. Perfect really but then it got inconsistent. I have been using ocean forest ever since.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My local shop just started carrying the Mother Earth soil. I can’t find the full ingredient list. They just state “meals” after the base ingredients.

I am going soon to check the bag out. It seems odd that there is a large amount of ingredients but it is marketed as a controlled early fertilizing mix.

I am hoping it is equal in elements to ocean forest with 25% added large perlite and doesn’t need perlite mixed in.

Potter’s gold here was like that. Perfect really but then it got inconsistent. I have been using ocean forest ever since.
i agree ocean forest is the go to for me also with the magic flower,i like to make my own mixes also,but i do plant a veggie in it first,best tell sign of a great mix is with tomato plants and squash,both get blossom end rot,this is like what we require in flower stage of the herb,if you can grow those 2 variety without end rot,you aced it and it will be a mix to carry you all the way through flower,im a mad fan of dry meals,fishbone meal,kelp,alfalfa,blood and bone are always in my pots,depending on size of container i use depends on oyster shell meal,under 3 gal i dont use the oyster shell meal

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i agree ocean forest is the go to for me also with the magic flower,i like to make my own mixes also,but i do plant a veggie in it first,best tell sign of a great mix is with tomato plants and squash,both get blossom end rot,this is like what we require in flower stage of the herb,if you can grow those 2 variety without end rot,you aced it and it will be a mix to carry you all the way through flower,im a mad fan of dry meals,fishbone meal,kelp,alfalfa,blood and bone are always in my pots,depending on size of container i use depends on oyster shell meal,under 3 gal i dont use the oyster shell meal

Good advice!

Top Bottom