Move OD and they take a turn for the worst

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caninobis

Caninobis

Hi Guys,

I started a few plants inside and then moved them outside and they all took a shit on me. 2 of them managed to come out of it but still didn't do as well as they could have.
I didn't change anything when i moved them from ID to OD and they were vegging under a full spectrum LED. At first i thought it was PH because i was using tap water but i was using the same water when they were inside and they were healthy as can be but i adjusted the ph anyway and they still continued to digress.

Basically what happens is the leaves start to die it looks like they get bleached white from the middle out and they'll get yellow brown spots and then the tips start to brown. It doesn't look like nute burn and i'm not over feeding. It does look like a PH issue but as i said before it wasn't a problem when they were inside.

Is it because i had them under LED first or maybe they're just not genetically suited to be OD plants? Any ideas would be a great help because i've wracked my mind over and over to no avail.

Thanks all!

Caninobis

Caninobis

no mention of harden them off with the outdoor move,did you?
I didn’t. What do you mean, how would I do that? I’ve moved plants OD in the past with no problem but I just recently moved to a town with a much different climate than where ive grown in the past and that town had a near perfect climate for growing so I never had too many problems but I haven’t been so fortunate lately.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Few hours a day for the first week, increasing the sun time daily by an hour or two or placing in a shady area that doesn't get much sunlight for the first week is what he means by hardening. Sorry about your misfortunes brother.

Ina

Ina

It doesn't look like nute burn and i'm not over feeding. It does look like a PH issue
Pic would help.i think it is not such a big deal if you not harden them but of course it is better I guess,depends on your climate.Under the hot sun could be stressful……..There could be many reasons,something that changed when you put them out......So if you can show them I am sure gardeners will tell you the exact reason,description doesn't work so good:)

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I didn’t. What do you mean, how would I do that? I’ve moved plants OD in the past with no problem but I just recently moved to a town with a much different climate than where ive grown in the past and that town had a near perfect climate for growing so I never had too many problems but I haven’t been so fortunate lately.
leaving the indoors,it dont matter how powerful your lights are,they cant hold a handle to the sun,so each day you sit the plants out,first day try a couple hours,if they do ok bring them back in,next day do a couple hours,give them a shade break for couple hours sit them back out,next day work with 3 or 4 hours and watch the plant it will talk to you,no shit,them bitchs be happy until that sun is straight up and then you got melted wax look,anyway id say your problems start right there ,the bleach is from full sun in which can make you scramble to figure what up

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Pic would help.i think it is not such a big deal if you not harden them but of course it is better I guess,depends on your climate.Under the hot sun could be stressful……..There could be many reasons,something that changed when you put them out......So if you can show them I am sure gardeners will tell you the exact reason,description doesn't work so good:)
down here by the border,i even have to harden off my veggie transplant before i can plant them,even what is called spring around here,it would be nice if i didnt have to do it,no chance of that,winter is about 3 or 4 days below frezzing ,mainly 70's day 40's night,spring last about a month ,rest of year is full fledge summer,july threw september triple digits,i just came in from cutting a tree that fell on my corn,it was so loaded with acorns and it hasnt rained here since march,the weight was to much for it,got another about 75 ft tall died i got to do next,shit around these parts better be related to the cactus plant to live hahahahh

Caninobis

Caninobis

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I knew the PH coming out of my faucet was high (right around 7.3-7.5) but i was testing the faucet in my kitchen and watering my plants from my hose. Finally got a new test kit and decided to test the water coming from my hose and look at what i found. Easily 8+ i don't have a digital meter so i can't get specific but its fucking high. I was strictly watering my plants with water from the faucet before i moved them outside and then i started filling my jug with hose water. Its no wonder they took a shit when i moved them outdoor! Got a nice lesson in why PH is so important this season.....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That'll do it, especially combined with UV radiation from the sun if it's not acclimated. Why is the hose a higher ph than the tap I wonder? Do they come from the same source?

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I knew the PH coming out of my faucet was high (right around 7.3-7.5) but i was testing the faucet in my kitchen and watering my plants from my hose. Finally got a new test kit and decided to test the water coming from my hose and look at what i found. Easily 8+ i don't have a digital meter so i can't get specific but its fucking high. I was strictly watering my plants with water from the faucet before i moved them outside and then i started filling my jug with hose water. Its no wonder they took a shit when i moved them outdoor! Got a nice lesson in why PH is so important this season.....

You can get a (decent enough) digital pH meter on Amazon for like $20... Get some earth juice pH down crystals and you're golden.

Caninobis

Caninobis

That'll do it, especially combined with UV radiation from the sun if it's not acclimated. Why is the hose a higher ph than the tap I wonder? Do they come from the same source?

I'm pretty sure they do but i'm thinking that either my faucet has some kind of a filter on it some where a long the line or the hose has some build up in it and by the time the water makes it through it it raises the PH. I really have no idea but those are my best guesses.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Ok, new question, anyone have any input on this bud to leaf ratio? This plant seemed to be getting a decent start to flower it was looking like it was going to start producing some decent calyx like her sister but now it seems like shes only growing more sugar leaves. You guys think its just genetics? Will these leaves get buried by calyx as it matures or fall off? I've got a second one that came from the same seed but bud is completely different so i'm figuring its like a random pheno maybe but i honestly have no clue
IMG 1198
IMG 1200
IMG 1192

basscaptain

basscaptain

You have to transition plants from indoor to outdoor...I will put them under a shady oak for about a week bring them in at night etc.
I have never done that, I'll move them in and out at times, but the reason i.m doing that is the time of yr or there just starting out....
But I have never grown in a tent before either..... So I really never thunk about it,

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have never done that, I'll move them in and out at times, but the reason i.m doing that is the time of yr or there just starting out....
But I have never grown in a tent before either..... So I really never thunk about it,
I don't think anyone has touched on this yet but your hours of sunshine OD now is getting short, what kind of lights on /off scheduled did you have them on before going outside? Did you send them into flower when you put them out? Overnight temps too cold? Do you have a bucket /container you can run water into to let it sit for 24 hrs+ before you water your plants? That bring my ph down to about 7 from 8 right out of the tap. My ph tester was about $20 cdn and that came with buffering agents to calibrate the tester. GL

Caninobis

Caninobis

She doesnt look too bad, what kind of soil and container?

I was just using some organic miracle grow mix and fed some GH Grow from the Flora Nova 2 part solution during Veg in a 5 gallon bucket. It was kind of a rush job because i got started late in the season and ended up having to move my plants outside which i didn't plan on doing so i just had to run to walmart and pick up whatever i could get my hands on. Considering that she went through hell and back and was sippin' on some 8+ water all season i'd say she turned out alright.

Latest posts

Top Bottom