Moving from indoor to outdoors

• Thread starter Greenhunter420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenhunter420

Greenhunter420

Hello all. I’m looking to move my (2) gold leaf autos and (2) sour diesel autos outdoors since the weather in the Northeast is finally cooperating. The only question I have is if the plants are too small to be moved out into the elements??? I have attached a picture of my biggest plant so far. It’s about 2-3 inches tall and it’s been sprouted for almost 3 weeks now. All the other plants are pretty much the same size.

I have to imagine getting them outdoors with long sunny/warm days would do them lots of good but they are still small. Any light you guys could shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

Moving from indoor to outdoors
threatco

threatco

@redshift75 would be my go to in this area. I'll offer him the opportunity to make an opinion

They look great though. Good luck!

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Ive got to follow this post as i will b growing some under lights for the very first time hopefully in the coming months to get some early birds in for oudoors...i will most likely put in extras to experiment how they handle our climate...

GDub51

GDub51

These are not ready for direct sun yet. need to see 3 sets of true serrated leaves first and then do it progressively, a little more each day for a week or so until you can leave them out full time. I use NO artificial light living in SoCal where the only problem with sunlight is too much. I just work my propagator to react to the amount of light and heat removing the top when it begins to warm and then adding screening above to filter the direct sun, down to under 1000 lumens. Watch the temp, if it gets over 90'f. move them to a shadier spot with a bit of breeze. You should have hygrometers to monitor temp and humidity. A little work but NO electric use at all, more lumen power (controlled) than achievable with artificial sources at the full spectrum of natural sunlight for the greatest plant health. Spend the money you saved on seeds and nutes! Happy Growing!

Madmax

Madmax

@Greatlakes ..Hi man..how you doin.how do you go about putting your babies outdoors for the first couple weeks.very interested at what you do.

Cheers max

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

@Greatlakes ..Hi man..how you doin.how do you go about putting your babies outdoors for the first couple weeks.very interested at what you do.

Cheers max

Cheers max
I usually just harden them off in semi shade under a tree for 4 days to a week

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks greatlakes appreciate your help...got a couple trees here that bout 50 %light gets through.being in a cool climate helps too...temps will only b in high teens deg celcius .might have to make a mini hot house to put them in over night.id say they wont like the nights mornings more than the days.they might catch a cold 😨,haha

Thanks mate..

Madbud

Madbud

Thanks greatlakes appreciate your help...got a couple trees here that bout 50 %light gets through.being in a cool climate helps too...temps will only b in high teens deg celcius .might have to make a mini hot house to put them in over night.id say they wont like the nights mornings more than the days.they might catch a cold 😨,haha

Thanks mate..
Cold nights and mine go into a clench, hard claw. Its probably some vpd respiration thing but they bounce right up in the morning.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Cold nights and mine go into a clench, hard claw. Its probably some vpd respiration thing but they bounce right up in the morning.
Hahha yeah mine droop at night...its their restful time. Been really nice weather here tho...so things are moving along. Will post more pics tomorrow

GDub51

GDub51

Was I raining on someone's parade? I'm sorry if I left that impression.
My mistake? I pressed to reply to the moderator whose reply appears directly under mine... did I press the wrong place?

Top Bottom