Moving: leaving everything behind, moving to a strange new land to pick up the pieces

• Thread starter SolidGold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SolidGold

Well, things have been tough for my family for the past 3 months thanks to a number of things, mostly the fact that the lying, cheating, stealing piece of shit owner of the company I managed for 3 years deciding to fuck us out of 2 months pay and closing up shop. That left us in a tough spot, because my wife was let go from her job under shady circumstances. She was pregnant with our first, had many medical problems and had to take some time off here and there for appointments and 3 hospitalizations. Her employer said that they were no longer able to keep her position due to absenteeism. They claimed it was their prerogative because she was in a 180 day probationary period. I hollered discrimination, but we did not have the funds to mount a lawsuit. So here we are almost 2 years later, I'm sole bread winner and I find myself with no job, screwed out of back pay, with little savings to carry us through. Then day came when we ran out of money. No family to help us, unable to find employment in this shitty economy. We are losing our home. Thankfully, we have friends in Oregon who are opening up their home to our family indefinitely so that we can work work work and save to get back on our feet. This is the biggest blessing, and we are so thankful for it. We both have offers for employment, so this is a good start. We are also happy that we will be able to be legitimate medical cannabis patients in OR. What sucks is having to sell off all of our worldly possessions to have just the tiniest bit of money on hand to pay for things like new state IDs and such, diapers for our beautiful son, etc. I am not a materialist man, don't get me wrong, but it is very sad having to lose every physical belonging that we worked so hard for, just to survive. But survive, we shall. The hardest, most heart-breaking part is having to find new homes for our beloved furry family members. We have 2 cats and a dog, all raised by hand with love since they were mere weeks old. Our oldest cat, I bottle fed from 3 weeks because his mother turned on him. We also have an American Pit Bull Terrier that we raised form 5 weeks, who is now 2 years and our sons best friend in the world! These two are inseparable, and It makes me cry sometimes when I have to think of how my son will feel when he does not have his four-legged buddy to play with every morning. I know that one must do everything possible to survive, but damnit, to literally lose it all is so fucking hard. We are both med users in an unfriendly state and we will also lose our indoor and outdoor grows, leaving us with no meds until we get our OMMP certs and first harvest out of the way. Since we have no $$$ to purchase, and to be honest we cannot afford market prices, this will probably mean we cannot get relief we need until November at the very least. Sigh...

Thanks for listening, I had to get that off my chest. From the bottom of my heart, I wish all of the struggling farmers here all the best in life. Me and my family know what you are going through and we are with you in heart and spirit.

God bless...

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

man i am in the midwest(heartland)!!!! bring your pit to me until you get set up and i'll give him back gladly to your son!!!! can't do the cats though!!! sorry for your misfortune!!!!peace djxx

L

luvinlife

Its sounds like your going through a very unfortunate set of circumstances....You sound like a great person, who is doing a good job of staying positive under such tough times. Life throws some serious curveballs sometimes, so just keep in mind that at least you do still have your family and that counts for something. Life is definitely not so easy sometimes so just keep pluggin away everyday, and eventually those rainclouds should turn to sunny days. Keep your chin up man............

D

dredidread

like my man up there, im in the midwest, or id love to help you with your animals.ive been in a position similar to yours, keep your head high bro, things will look up. oregon is a beautiful state, and its easy to make things happen out there these days.

Top Bottom