MPB bucket plant problems

• Thread starter Decisive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Decisive

They are definitely lumen shocked but every single plant is showing new growth, albeit definitely not fast. But is the fact that there are new leaves and new growth is a sign I can recover these plants. I am going to raise the humidity, maybe run 4 lights instead of all 8? I know the reason i just want to know what the best course of action here is, i am struggling with too many variables but I can correct the humidity, flush the res to a lower ppm and just add calmag. Our light to plant centers are 3 ft, the number i gave earlier was incorrect.

N

noone88

Personally, I would ditch the clones and start all over. You would save in electricity cost and nutrients.

A healthy clone will exponentially perform better than a clone that has been stressed.

I know that it sets you behind, but imo you should start with new clones (6 to 12" cuttings if possible), root them (3 weeks) and then veg until 36 to 40" tall under a 600 or 1000 watt.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Instead of rooting your clones on an ebb&flow table, throw them right into net pots and start the drip feed. This will eliminate the adjustment period from e&f to rdwc. Once those clones have roots popping out of the basket, kick in the rdwc. Even though your plants might be showing signs of recovery, I think your better off replacing them.

B

bakershredhead

Hey guys I would'n use the H&G Algen, with the airstones you get some sort of algae bloom with it. Your probably ok using the roots excel but just use the hydro fungicide. I'm using both and my roots are nice and white. I only used maybe half of the recomended dose though. I also put my aerocloner in my veg room away from the 1000mh so they root under it albeit about four feet away and I put one clone in my bucket system to see what would happen and it was fine starting shooting out roots new growth in 2-3 days. So I'm gonna clone under the 1000mh just off to the side and then veg under the 1000mh direct, that way it will almost eliminate the lumen shock.

B

bakershredhead

Sorry meant using the Algen at half dose but probably not gonna use it anymore.

D

Decisive

thanks to everyone for the advice, I just set up a rdwc system with a 430w son agro and a whole new set of clones. I also turned off all but 2 lights for the original lot as well to see if I can recover those, but this way I have a backup plan in place as well. Great tip with the indirect light bakers pretty sweet idea. What is the hydro fungicide called exactly, I definitely want to pick up a bottle of the stuff. Thanks again.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Ya the H&G algen was reformulated recently, its super concentrated @ 1-2 ml gal. I haven't noticed any algae forming with it yet, but I'll def be on the look for it.

Hey decisive, thats the name 'hydro-fungicide'. there should be a link for the store you can order it from just search the doubleds forum for it.

D

Decisive

good call, yea I have root accelerator at the recommended application rate on the bottle. I've been reading elsewhere that there could be some problems with that additive in highly aerated solutions (by bubbling). Anyone have any thoughts on that?

D

doubleds

Here's what i have noticed so far d, adding algen, roots excelerator and multi zen to my resevoirs really stirs shit up. Normally i run 1400, 1500 ppms 3rd and 4th week of flower but with these additives i can only run 1000 ppms.
the only h n g additives i use after week 5 is the multi zen so i can jump the ppms up then. at 1000 ppm;s of sensi bloom a & b , big bud and the additives i get the claw but no leaf tip burn.

H & G's claim to fame is iron, this makes huge root growth and ultra healthy plants. I think the plants are overdosing a little on iron.

all i know for sure is that my plants are extremely healthy, massive white n fuzzy root zones and yields are sky high. I just yielded 2.75 pounds from 1 bubba kush plant.

dds

Desertboy

Desertboy

doubleds are you running RO water? I use an EC meter at the moment but was thinking of adding a permanent TDS meter when you quote ppm are you starting at 0ppm.

On lumen shock so glad I saw this thread you just answered why my babies in a 1.2m2 tent with 1000w in a parabolic shade hung 4 inch are not looking so good. Last time I did it I got bumper yields but this time I didn't harden them off enough. I've already pulled the reflector to 14 inch and am going to lower in an inch every day.

When I do the MPB's I was going to start them off with 1 1000w in the centre at a distance of 18"s or so and rotate the plants in the bucket for a few days or so to let them root into the DWC bit before I powered up the side lighting. Although I'm only going to use 3.4kw for 4 plants so it shouldn't be as bad.

Definitely going to make my MPB's movable only have 10" or so movement because of the lines but I think it'll be worth it, I'm also going to able to move the corner lighting. I hadn't considered I might be lighting the plants brighter than the sun that's just too damn cool.

D

doubleds

no bro, i am not running ro water. My water starts out at 150 ppm.

dds

doubleds are you running RO water? I use an EC meter at the moment but was thinking of adding a permanent TDS meter when you quote ppm are you starting at 0ppm.

On lumen shock so glad I saw this thread you just answered why my babies in a 1.2m2 tent with 1000w in a parabolic shade hung 4 inch are not looking so good. Last time I did it I got bumper yields but this time I didn't harden them off enough. I've already pulled the reflector to 14 inch and am going to lower in an inch every day.

When I do the MPB's I was going to start them off with 1 1000w in the centre at a distance of 18"s or so and rotate the plants in the bucket for a few days or so to let them root into the DWC bit before I powered up the side lighting. Although I'm only going to use 3.4kw for 4 plants so it shouldn't be as bad.

Definitely going to make my MPB's movable only have 10" or so movement because of the lines but I think it'll be worth it, I'm also going to able to move the corner lighting. I hadn't considered I might be lighting the plants brighter than the sun that's just too damn cool.

J

jack the reaper

Hey guys and gals! I am also experiencing some discoloration of roots, the funny thing is it started right around the time I added Roots Oregonism. The nutes I am using is Gen Hydro 3 part, and I have heard that the micro part (dark brown) can stain the roots. But overall the roots look healthy as do the plants, I am about a week (maybe less) from flowering and the larger plants are growing about 2 inches a day vertically.
My concern is the black pieces (i think it is the residual benes) and patches of some brownish stuff that is on the roots. Like i said, i noticed it after adding the Oregonism. There is also a fine black "patina" that has covered the inside of my bins and has even creapt back to the res.
I am not sure what to think... my roots look just like the pictures above, MOSTLY white, long , branched and dangly but without the fine "hairs" that i have noticed in other grows. Am i seeing specks of the black beneficials on my roots and bins etc? Do the benes colonize and change the color of the roots in spots?
11 ladies, 10k vert, RDWC, 2x Hiblow 80s, temps in res about 70 right now, 2 waterfalls in res plus air "injector" (pump with 3 inchx1/2inch hose that has a dripper hose that leads to the surface and syphons in air and adds it to the stream).
I hope this is normal and not onset of root rot.
Thanks ya'll, any input appreciated.
jack

B

bakershredhead

Hey Decisive how your plants doing? I did the same thing as you I believe, I thought for some reason it was my sealed room and the co2 was to high but I'm now beginning to think that I shocked the hell out of them also. I remember now that my old room I never just threw my transplants under the full load of the lights. I put small plants under 11kw.aargh, I don't have access to rooted clones like the cali boys so I took some clones and also turned off all but 3 of my 1000's and my co2 so will see what happens. Let me know if your experiment to bring them back works or not.

B

bakershredhead

Hey DDs so you think that the browning and slime on the roots isn't from the H&G additives but from the plants just getting shocked and then the roots die?

D

Decisive

mine are coming back to life, looks like they are making a nice recovery and I am getting good root growth. What I did was cut the lights back to 2 out of 8 for a few days then lights were increased to 4 which is where they are now. Glad I didnt toss them, Basically also flushed my res went Lucas (0-5-10) and added just root excelurator, massive white root growth and the plants seem to be coping with 4 just fine. In the next couple days I am going to increase to 6, then to 8. That slime on the roots is interesting, my res pH stays a rock solid steady 5.9 so I dont think its that brown algae stuff that coats everything and people usually use physan 20 to kill, supposedly a telltale sign of that one is massive pH flux. So basically what I did was use a hand pressurized water sprayer and actually sprayed that brown gunk of the roots themselves. I also am keeping sm-90 in my res and I am skipping the organic H&G line additives just for some added insurance.

I am sure they are fantastic products, just dont want to take any more chances with this run but I will definitely be using multi zen and algen extract next run, but for now just root excel. Mine do exhibit the "claw" dd mentioned earlier from the H&G nutrient and probably some excess nitrogen, not too worried though because the growth rate is very good. Thanks again for all your help and advice doubleds and everyone else, very much appreciated.

M

mcattak

Running my first dwc...Decided to do 15 mpb buckets with 24k so far so good...First off i run roots excel with sm-90 in the rez..I have read in other threads that roots excel might have bennis in it.. Do you think the sm-90 hinders what roots excel is trying to do

D

doubleds

Hey DDs so you think that the browning and slime on the roots isn't from the H&G additives but from the plants just getting shocked and then the roots die?

no, thats not the case at all. If you are getting a black slime more than likely its from the algen and roots excelerator. it will clear out after week 4 when you stop using them.

JUST GROW YOUR PLANTS GUYS, if you shocked them they will come back, you didnt kill them, only in a worst case scenario.

there are alot of additives out there that stain roots.

Please, stop analiyzing every little thing. grow your plants and learn from every mistake. even the most expierienced grower stumbles a little when they start off on this system..... grow and learn and be the best.

dds

C

Coxie

If growing from seed, how to prevent lumen shock? When do you put them into mpb buckets?

Top Bottom