MPB first time, 6,400k, 5 site.

• Thread starter Comercial
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comercial

MPB first time, Purple Wreck. 6,400k, 5 site.

I started building my first MPB off of Doubled's.

My room is 21'x18' But will be a smaller plant area next run with a wall deviding the res and chillers.

I'm starting with five plants 4k and 4 600's on the corners.
I have a 2 ton a/c window shacker.
1/2 HP res chiller.

1800gph mag pump feeding my chiller.
1800gph Mag pump for my bucket feed lines.

My res is a 4x8 ebb and flow table, so I can keep my plant height down. The build is a little thrown together as i'm waiting to get $$$ next month to complete the build.
So Five for now until my other rooms are done flowering. And so I can get a feel for this system.
Here is my current light plant layout.

light= x
Plant=o

oxo
xox
oxo

Changed my layout.

I'm on this temporary 10 post thing, being a new guy here I guess. So I read other post's and decided to make my spacing a little tighter. It's in the same pattern but now all the center of the plants are 3' from the bulb.

(pics below)

I will frame off the res and chillers next run, just trying to get this one going and should have enough a/c and fresh air to hold the room to decent temps.

I veg from a ez-cloner and the roots will be established enough to reach the bottom of the 10'' net pot. So I was told I do not need to top feed. Is this correct? Seems ok to me.

Running house and garden line of nutes with hygrozyme and shooting powder.

Chiller res
Tote open
Tote complete
Mpb first time 6400k 5 site 4
Net pot under
Netpot top
Current 4 timer
10 timer
New layout
Pump view
C

Comercial

UPDATE: Changed pics to tighter plant spread.
If some one could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.
All plants will be 3' from the 1k bulbs. Plants will hopefully be in tonight with virtical lights, panda film. fans... ect...

Thanks.

C

Comercial

New pics, water is flowing. Going to the store to get air diaphram. Let me know what you guys think. I'm sealing off the A/C and panda filming next. then setting up the extraction fan.

Thanks.

Bucket dump
Bubbles
Drain
Far view
Front view
Tote full
J

jakew215

hell yeah man i wanna see this shit rockin. i like, sub'd

mikeross

mikeross

what strain are you planning to run... Your spacing looks good with room for adjustment if need but looks like your good buddy.

Only issue I see with your setup is that res. Your going to have fun topping that thing up every damn day. My plants just started week 3 of veg in the mpb room and they are drinking 15 gallons a day. I have a 4x4' 100 gallon res and I have to top off every other day. I have anywhere from 40-60 gallons of water in my res at any given time of the week. I have to keep water level no higher than 60 gallons or my res will overflow if power gets cut out... thats with 3 backflow valves on my 3 danner18 pumps.

Have you run the system yet... any issue with the res thus far? If you are I can see you putting 3/4" 90's on the intake of your feed pumps... it should give you an extra 1.5" of water and over a 4x8 flood table thats a good amount of water.

You could also put a float valve on your res and do automatic top offs and it would only cost you about 50 bucks to do it.

I am looking forward to your grow and wish you best, looking good so far bro.

mikeross

mikeross

Get rid of those pondmaster filters you have on your feed pump and put a filter bag or screen over your 4" return.

Those filters are dropping down the GPH of your pump IMO.

C

Comercial

filter

Sounds good, what are those screens/ filters called at the garden center. I put them on because the pumps with the res full was making a little whirl pool and sucking air.

Thanks,
Comercial

Get rid of those pondmaster filters you have on your feed pump and put a filter bag or screen over your 4" return.

Those filters are dropping down the GPH of your pump IMO.

C

Comercial

My strain is purple urkle x trainwreck. I will see how the res does, I had a feeling I would be topping this off twice a day when there eating and with my Dehu running and A/C.

Thanks for the advice on the elbows.

Comercial

what strain are you planning to run... Your spacing looks good with room for adjustment if need but looks like your good buddy.

Only issue I see with your setup is that res. Your going to have fun topping that thing up every damn day. My plants just started week 3 of veg in the mpb room and they are drinking 15 gallons a day. I have a 4x4' 100 gallon res and I have to top off every other day. I have anywhere from 40-60 gallons of water in my res at any given time of the week. I have to keep water level no higher than 60 gallons or my res will overflow if power gets cut out... thats with 3 backflow valves on my 3 danner18 pumps.

Have you run the system yet... any issue with the res thus far? If you are I can see you putting 3/4" 90's on the intake of your feed pumps... it should give you an extra 1.5" of water and over a 4x8 flood table thats a good amount of water.

You could also put a float valve on your res and do automatic top offs and it would only cost you about 50 bucks to do it.

I am looking forward to your grow and wish you best, looking good so far bro.

C

canaguy27

I use a filter bag from the commercial paint aisle at lowes. They are $1.50 each for the 5 gallon ones. They are big, but the mesh is very fine.

They use them for the commercial paint sprayers.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Commercial,
Looks like a good start! Is the rating on your chiller for an 1800gph pump? I would buy or make a lid for that res. Wrap the whole thing in reflectix as well. That will help with the temps and evap.

Cannaguy,
Good tip on the easy filter source!

-TF

M

mrdizzle

it looks good bro, but your not going to be able to drain the system unless the feedline is below the PVC

C

Comercial

Good call, I was going to throw in a sump pump to do that. But your idea is better.

it looks good bro, but your not going to be able to drain the system unless the feedline is below the PVC

C

Comercial

The chiller calls for 600gph or more. I understand slower is better so I put a 1200gph on it. I have a 950gph also I can use.

Thanks,
Comercial

Commercial,
Looks like a good start! Is the rating on your chiller for an 1800gph pump? I would buy or make a lid for that res. Wrap the whole thing in reflectix as well. That will help with the temps and evap.

Cannaguy,
Good tip on the easy filter source!

-TF

C

Comercial

Gate valve

I installed a 3/8'' "brady one way valve on my feed. It is a spring type, but the spring is pretty easy to press. It does not seem to be impeding too much flow.

Any pro's cons to this style? I'm not sure how much flow its supressed, but it takes about 5 minutes to fill the totes. They each hold about 16 gallons till they reach the drain holes.

Thanks, Comercial

DSCN0706
C

Comercial

Thanks, Canaguy. I will get those, as the filter on there now has to be a huge restriction.

Thanks,
Comercial

I use a filter bag from the commercial paint aisle at lowes. They are $1.50 each for the 5 gallon ones. They are big, but the mesh is very fine.

They use them for the commercial paint sprayers.

C

Comercial

This is only 4 clones of the purple wreck in my easy cloner. That are going into the system, they have been in there for 3 months. I underestimated my "time frame."

Thanks,
Comercial

DSCN0707
C

Comercial

Got a sante fe 100liter/24hr dehu. Also can filter will be installed tonight.
I want this thing running by monday night but will see.

Comercial

DSCN0713
DSCN0714
Top Bottom