MPB first time, 6,400k, 5 site.

• Thread starter Comercial
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comercial

pic's of ballast wall and filter.

Starting building the Ballast wall and installed charcoal filter. I will hopefully transplant tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Comercial

DSCN0726
DSCN0727
C

Comercial

Top feed question

Ok, so I framed off and insulated the garage door and sealed it with spray foam.

Started panda filming and the lights are hung.
Doing the tomoatoe cages tomorrow and then transplanting.

My plants are going into the buckets really established, does this mean that I dont need to top feed?

Will update with pics tomorrow.

Thanks,

Comercial

aleYarok

aleYarok

if roots are already coming out the net pot and bathing in that frothy nute solution you should be good without a top feed, once the roots hit the water the top feed gets shut off... on our 2 girls that hit the water we turned the top drip off, just have a couple roots in the water but its enough

F

FreshSteppin

nice dog

i love motivated people who whip out a killer grow in a week flat. keep it up home dog

C

Comercial

Thanks

Ok so the pots are loaded up, and let me say 4 months in the EZ- Cloner is way to too long. Roots where so massive on my biggest clone that I had to squeeze and cut to get it out its really pissed right now. If it's not looking better in 48 hr's. Then its getting pulled and I'm going to see if I can get a small one to work. The other monsters are doing well so far on ly been 24 hour's. Since I transplanted. Temps in the room is in the low 80's it's also 85 outside today. And 1/2 HP res chiller blowing hot air and 4 1000 watt coil ballest. With a big 100 pint dehu. So its not too bad. I will update with pics tomorrow. I need to flower soon, there too big but they need to get use to there new inviroment / medium. so I will give them 5-7 days.

Thanks,
Comercial

if roots are already coming out the net pot and bathing in that frothy nute solution you should be good without a top feed, once the roots hit the water the top feed gets shut off... on our 2 girls that hit the water we turned the top drip off, just have a couple roots in the water but its enough

C

Comercial

Check valve update.

That Brady check valve sucks. If the pump fails or power outage it slows the overflow from happening, but does not completely stop it. Must be too much gravity pushing the water back down the lines. So I have to fix this before I have a huge problem.

New pics and questions tomorow.

Thanks,
Comercial

I installed a 3/8'' "brady one way valve on my feed. It is a spring type, but the spring is pretty easy to press. It does not seem to be impeding too much flow.

Any pro's cons to this style? I'm not sure how much flow its supressed, but it takes about 5 minutes to fill the totes. They each hold about 16 gallons till they reach the drain holes.

Thanks, Comercial

F

fiftythree33

I'm using the $10 one from home depot its square 1 1/2" flap style with ring clamps. It holds back 60+ gallons on a 1" PVC line no leaks for days.

C

Comercial

I will check into, I will just have to build a little adaptor, i'm going to expand and change this system and run hard lines.

Thanks,
comercial

I'm using the $10 one from home depot its square 1 1/2" flap style with ring clamps. It holds back 60+ gallons on a 1" PVC line no leaks for days.

C

Comercial

Plants in pics. Transplant shock question.

Ok so I had 4 big plants come out of my ez-cloner. The biggest one did not survive the transplant, so I cut it today, Im getting one thats about a ft tall to replace it.

Coverd my res with foil coverd hard insulation, res chiller staying at 65.

I need to flower soon or the big plants are going to have a hell of a time.

For Veg im running a mix of GH flora grow, Flora micro. With H&G roots excel, hygrozyme, multizyme. PH is at 5.8

Another one of my plants is getting some transplant shock, I think even though my roots are at the bottom of the net pot, and touching the water I will set up a top feed to speed things along. When the roots are out about an inch i will turn it off.

Also how high about the plant should my light be in veg, so there not getting such intense light?

Thanks,
Comercial

DSCN0768
DSCN0769
DSCN0774
DSCN0778
DSCN0780
C

Comercial

It's a 2'' thick piece of what seems to be really dense foam core. With foil on each side, keeps the light out of the res so that it wont absorb light. Along with dust and what not.

Thanks,
Comercial

what are you going to covering that res with?

F

fiftythree33

It's a 2'' thick piece of what seems to be really dense foam core. With foil on each side, keeps the light out of the res so that it wont absorb light. Along with dust and what not.

Thanks,
Comercial

I wrapped mine in panda film... something about any metal being near this water freaks me out a bit. This reminds me that I need to wrap my ring clamps on the oneway valve with siran wrap!

L

Lost

If it looks like your getting some shock turn off 1/3 of the lights. Might help to raise the bulbs a little, make them stretch up a little before you put them nest to the plant..

Im moving to Northern Oregon soon, where abouts are you?

C

Comercial

Lost im about an 1 1/2 hours south of Portland. Im medical/legal. Hit me with a private message. When are you moving?

Comercial

If it looks like your getting some shock turn off 1/3 of the lights. Might help to raise the bulbs a little, make them stretch up a little before you put them nest to the plant..

Im moving to Northern Oregon soon, where abouts are you?

C

Comercial

Is there some kind of magnetic thing going on, that can cause problems? I have it raised up six inches above the res.

Comercial

I wrapped mine in panda film... something about any metal being near this water freaks me out a bit. This reminds me that I need to wrap my ring clamps on the oneway valve with siran wrap!

B

BioShock

wow nice setup Comercial. did you solvent joint your pipework for the drains? im hoping for something very similar to your stuff!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I think that he is concerned with the metal reacting to the nutes, and tainting the solution.

C

Comercial

Metal reaction to Nutes.

Do you have any more info about this? I mean there is metal in my pumps, and my pumps are in the water. You would think that would cause a problem first.

Comercial

I think that he is concerned with the metal reacting to the nutes, and tainting the solution.

Top Bottom