MPB first time, 6,400k, 5 site.

• Thread starter Comercial
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fiftythree33

Do you have any more info about this? I mean there is metal in my pumps, and my pumps are in the water. You would think that would cause a problem first.

Comercial

That's why I and I'm sure doubled's used Danners, they are fish/pond safe and made with ceramic not metal.

mikeross

mikeross

If your worried about the metal why not just by those 4x8 pink 2" sheets of foam insulation from the depot. I dont think those would have any ill effects to your res... something to look into and its much cheaper than what you are planning to use.

C

Comercial

link

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but could I get a link to buy danner pumps?

Thanks,
Comercial

That's why I and I'm sure doubled's used Danners, they are fish/pond safe and made with ceramic not metal.

C

Comercial

You think foil 8'' above my res not even touching it could effect the nutes? Not doubting just would like more info on the science behind this. And most of all are my pumps in the water going to kill my plants?

Thanks,
Comercial

If your worried about the metal why not just by those 4x8 pink 2" sheets of foam insulation from the depot. I dont think those would have any ill effects to your res... something to look into and its much cheaper than what you are planning to use.

C

Comercial

I raised the bulbs thanks.

Comercial

If it looks like your getting some shock turn off 1/3 of the lights. Might help to raise the bulbs a little, make them stretch up a little before you put them nest to the plant..

Im moving to Northern Oregon soon, where abouts are you?

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Looks like your grow is coming along nicely. Here is a good place to buy danner pumps: peoplesdepot.com

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Commercial,
As far as the metal on the lid, I would just be worried about condensation on the inside of the lid. Just wrap it in some plastic, and you should be ok. Maybe some panda or some thick drop cloth type.

J

jakew215

updates bro? been a couple weeks... those things have to be huge.

C

Comercial

Have dirt quistion for the MPB.

Ok, so 2 of the big purple wreck plants survived. 1 of the small purple wreck clones is showing good roots now on day 3 of veg. (pic below)

I have one tote that needs a plant to go in it. I have some decently rooted plants in dirt/ party cups.

So my question is can i put that dirt plant in the net pot and surround it with hydroton?

I realize that a little bit of dirt is going to enter the system, the filter that is on the pumps should stop this dirt. Then in 4-days when i flower. I will drain the system, refill with bloom nutes and keep my fingers crossed.

I attached pics of a flip box i built and plants that are coming down.....and 2 more rooms using MPB's.....will start being built next week.

Comercial.

C

Comercial

Soil?

Any input on tranplanting that little party cup full of soil? in the hydroton. I think I can get away with it. Just wanted some advice.

Comercial

M

mrdizzle

coco basket, put the soil in then fill with stones, then transplant into a 10net pot and fill with stones, making sure there is 1-2in from the bottom of the coco to the water level in the MPB

Z

ziggy1

Soil has all kinds of pathogens in it. You would not wantto introduce something like pythium or something into it. I would advise against it and cut new clones and not use soil

C

cheech

i use those same relays for my flip.. man are they easy to rig up.

are yours silent? mine were up until a few months ago they starting making buzzing noises. i couldn't figure out what it was.. it only did it sometimes and i'm thinking it was when the ac kicked in, like when the lights dim because of the ac. you might not have that problem if you have a lot of amps to work with

C

Comercial

Where they on 220 or 110? I'm assuming 220v. Sounds like your gauge of wire might have been to small for the load or a bad connection. Some relay's are built cheaper than others.

Comercial

i use those same relays for my flip.. man are they easy to rig up.

are yours silent? mine were up until a few months ago they starting making buzzing noises. i couldn't figure out what it was.. it only did it sometimes and i'm thinking it was when the ac kicked in, like when the lights dim because of the ac. you might not have that problem if you have a lot of amps to work with

C

Comercial

Update nute shock...lock out?

Alright guys sorry for the long update. I have been pretty upset H&G's calculator has been down.

In my past grows before this new MPB system i have always used the nute calculator. Well its down so I decided to feed based off what the lables on the bottle read.

I fed with aqua A and B and exactly what the bottles list, which is 1 liter of nutes to every 250 liters of feed water, I have 750 liters of feed water. I checked my PPM's after adding Aqua A and B and before adding my additives...

WOW 1800 ppm's! I knew this couldnt be right so i calibrated my meters...and again 1800 ppm's. So I drained and flushed he system, fed based on PPM's and got them to 1,000 for my first week of flower.
Only now 2 of my plants are dieing. The strongest one in the middle is doing "OK" and another one seems to still be doing "ok" but only time will tell.

I'm pretty mad at my self for not feeding solely on PPM's like I should have. And also upset that a company like house and garden would have there Nute calculator that so many rely on down for so long is unacceptable.

Well I'm getting my next clones ready now, and hope I at least get 2 pounds off my big plant and 1 pound off the second strongest plant. And will learn from this one.

I will update with pics tonight.

Thanks,
Comercial

mikeross

mikeross

damn bro sorry to hear....

Are you 100% positive you are running 750L in a 5 plant setup? Maybe your overflows are a lot higher then mine but I only use about 950l and that's for a 14 plant room. What I am getting at is it could be possible that you were following the back of the bottles but your actual water volume estimate is off. If you really have a lot less then 750l that could be the case.

I really hope you aint following DD nute regime as far as ppms go. He runs on a .07 meter. That 1000 ppm you see could really be 700ppm for you if your using .05 scale meters like most do. I have done a lot of reading and I have come to the conclusion that you can get away with running a little lighter nute schedule with rdwc than with other system. I have noticed a lot of these guys with popular grow diaries are not pushing their plants till they see burn. Rarely do I see these guys go past 1200ppm on a .05 scale.

I don't know if I am mixing my nutes right but what I do is mix the recommended parts on the back off all my additives. Once they are mixed in I bring up the ppms to desired levels with my base nutes using my ppm meter as a guide to reach desired ppm's. I am not even done with my first run yet but I already have a good feel of how much base nutes I need to reach each level. Just see what it takes to raise your ppm by 100. And you can apply that number for every res change. I always shoot for slightly higher and then add more water to reach exact ppm number. You will have a hell of a time trying to get the perfect ppm just adding base nute... shooting slightly higher and adding water to dilute and reach desired ppms is so much easier.

I personally would not go buy feed schedules from product websites. It makes sense that these companies want you to use more product, plus all plants are different and feed schedules need to be altered for each specific strain.

Shooting for two pounds eh? I gotta go back and see what strains your running. Thats a pretty big goal if your running low yeilding DANK strains hehe.

Again I hope you pull through and look forward to the pics.

Top Bottom