Mpb first timer...

• Thread starter XxShibbyxX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XxShibbyxX

So ive decided to try some mpbs :)

Between what i got today and whats arriving tomorrow i should have everything up and running hopefully before the weekend is up... Been Insulating, drywalling and finishing the space ill be using as well.

All this by myself has taken a little longer than expected but im almost there :)

No pictures yet im still stuck with a cell as internet but ill try to get some up as soon as i can.

As for the room its 21'x21'x10 and ill be using as much of that as i can.

Id appriciate any tips or suggestions being a first time mpb'er. Im using lost's tutorial for the buckets and piecing everything else together from everyone elses posts.

Anyways words of wisdom are always welcome im here to learn everything i can stuff into my brain lol

X

XxShibbyxX

Ill keep posting as i go along and remember the questions i need answers to lol

Anyways im gonna be running canna aqua with some silica blast, rhizotonic, aqua shield, big bud, overdrive and some sm-90 for safety (by the way has anyone used sm-90? I was recommended it and know nothig about it but when i brought up hydro-fungicide they showed me this).

Oh i bought a tall boy filter and ro filter im on well water the ph from tap is low 8's and the ppms are around 340-350. So my question is should i just stick to tap and use the tall boy or use the ro filter with cal-mag?

I only ask because with the little experience i do have with cal mag its always just to much even in coco. Maybe im not adding it right but i guess im just nervous about usimg it because i dont wanna burn them.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Use RO water and cal-mag chill your water to 66 to 68. start your babys at 250 to 300
ppm for the first week or two till the roots hit the water. Then you can bump it up to 350 to 400 ppms. You will need to watch you ph with the silica blast it will make it go up so keep a eye on it. You will want to keep your ph at 5.6 to 5.8 the ph down will raise your ppms. Run Root Exl ,Hydro Fungiciide,Hygrozyme this is for your roots. When you put you plants in the room turn on 1 or 2 light as high as it will go for 3 or 4 days then you can bring the lights down and turn on more as needed. Good luck your MPB helper. I do
not use SM-90.

X

XxShibbyxX

Thanks jp lots of good info there.

Is there a reason you dont run sm-90?
Like i said ive never heard about it so i know nothing about it.

GoD- i know man i just want the system up and running it kills me seeing all this stuff and not using it yet lol

JPLord01

JPLord01

Becouse the Root Exl, Hydro Fungicide and Hygrozyme work to keep the roots clean. When You put your babys in just run the root exl and Hygrozyme for the first 2 weeks
with the top feed on. When the roots hit the water and you start to get a small mat of roots. Then on your next rez change add the Hydro Fungicide. Then turn off your top feed when you have a good root mat. I use AN grow A&B and bloom A&B. You will want
to fill up your rez and tubs with water then after its full then add your food start with 200 then add B52 and see where you are at 250 to 300 to start. My veg feed is
AN A&B @200 ppms
then B52 this bring it up to 250 to 300 ppms
then Cal-Mag
then Root exl
then Hygrozyme
I run this mix for 3 weeks from cutings.
Now Im at 4 weeks the top feed is off and I added Hydro Fungicide.
And I keep my PH at 5.8

X

XxShibbyxX

Cool thanks jp ill have to get some hydro fungicide and roots excel.

Whats worked best for you as far as rez changes? Im still somewhat new to fully blown supercharged hydro lol and i just wanna make sure everything is running perfect with this system

JPLord01

JPLord01

You need to post up some photos of your setup and I can help you with it. You will need
to have your rez outside of the room in the dark. Have a light in the rez room for doing
your work. Your AIR PUMP need to be outside the room to. Use a AP100
Post up some photos of your build more people will help out if they can see what you are doing.

As for my rez change I have a 1800 GPH pump that runs to my sink and it is piped with
1" pipe. After all the water is out from the pump then I use a shop vac to get the rest of the water. There will be water in the tubs but thats fine when you refill your system.
After you have filled it just check you ppms. So how much lights are you runing? You will need 5000 btus of AC for every 1000 you have in your room. I have 3 lights in my room
my AC is a 18500btu AC.

I do my rez change when the lights are off.

X

XxShibbyxX

Cool thanks again jp lots of good info so far!

I was thinking of getting this air pump that puts out 110L per min. Thats a tad better than the hi-blow 100's and the ap-100's right?

I was planning on going by the 5k per light of cooling and luckily i have a good hook up on acs so im just gonna get a 5 ton. As for lights i have 16. Whats the most i could fit in a 20x20 area comfortably?

Actually now that i need to give the rez its own space it might not even be 20x20 what about an 18x20?

I cant wait until i get my desktop hooked back up

Oh yea ive been taking pics of the progress so ill see if i cant throw together a start to finish once my comp is up and running.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Give your plants 5ft of space so that is 60"centers they will be happy

F

fiftythree33

I personally wouldn't risk running without Hydro-Fungicide in my res. Only takes days to get brown roots and I don't see a benefit from running without it.

New 150gal res starts at 5.5 and drifts to 6.2 in about a day. Kick it down to 5.5 and it'll be back to 6.2 in 1.5 to 2 days. Then I kick it down to 5.8 and it starts to stabilize for a couple days until it starts to drop slowly to 5.5. I then ph up it to 6.1 or so and it starts to drop quicker. My res is lasting over 2 weeks with 2 40 gal add backs, add back is just RO, Drip Clean, Hygrozyme and Hydro-fungicide. This drops the TDS by 100 to 150 ppm. I have not dialed in my starting TDS but it rises slowly between PH adjustments, thinking 500ppm with bi-weekly changes will be good for my entire run. Bottom line you have to be on top of ph drift to succeed with MPB's.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

a friend who uses DDs nute schedule sez PH stays within range for a week without adjustment.

X

XxShibbyxX

Thanks guys. Yea ill make sure im on top of my ph and tds. Im pretty good about it so i dont see it being a problem :)

Im installing the a/c as we speak ill be taking pics of all the progress so when the internet is up and running ill be able to post them.

X

XxShibbyxX

One thing i still havent figured out yet is my rez setup.

I have a tall boy filter and a 200gpd ro system. That ro machine is slow as hell so i figure im gonna need a ro storage tank as well right?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Is you RO a Merlin? If so, you should have the tall blue as a pre filter. If you already have the tall boy, you gotta take it apart, and knock out the restrictor disc that is in the brass fitting located between the filters. Also, definitely get a storage tank.

X

XxShibbyxX

Yea i got the tall boy outdoor so ill have to check into that.

My ro isnt the merlin its just the basic 200gpd stealth ro system so its extremely slow.

What all is involved in taking out that restrictor? Could i just look at it and figure it out or is there something else?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

If you don't have the Merlin, I think that you need to keep the restrictor in. I would call the boys at hydro-logic to be sure. They are pretty helpful on the phone.

X

XxShibbyxX

Thanks for stopping by lost!

Couldnt have done this without yours and DD's and everyone elses helpful knowledge :)

Ill give the guys at hydrologic a call this week

I insulated the ceiling and panda filmed everything last night so more pics to come! Finally starting to look like the lab ive always wanted lol

Top Bottom