Mr.real's Grow Spot

• Thread starter Mr.Real
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Hey dopers! So for my day job I get to grow organic veg on my farm. This post is going to incorporate some non cannabis related growing but all is applicable to growing dope. My hope is that what I am doing can help other growers and I hope I can learn from you all as well.
My methods are a lot simpler than a lot of people's organic growing methods. Weekly schedules, foliar this and that weekly top dressing and so on.
I would say that growing weed made me a decent grower and growing for market has taken that to a whole new level. Carbon cycling is important to soil fertility, high levels of organic matter allow the conditions to support a large micro herd which in turn cycles carbon. Frequent use of cover crops and chop and drop make this happen.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

So this raised bed was made with 1/3 peat, perlite and compost mostly. I added some coarse coco that is sold as mulch for walkways. The compost portion is chicken sheep and rabbit manure from my farm. This bed was made January of 2017. Copious amounts of Gaia green all purpose fertilizer was added as I mixed the components. A cover crop of oats was planted right away. I needed soil structure produced by the roots. straw was added as a ground cover. March 1st tomato plants were added. Compost was added to the oats that were flattened down to help them rot away. Some time in April/ may I started adding compost teas made from alfalfa hay and molasses to help with bacteria growth in my soil. When the tomatoes started blooming monthly topdressings of Gaia green was switched to the bloom nutes. They have been providing tomatoes for market since late May.

Ok how do I post photos?

Last edited:
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

So this raised bed was made with 1/3 peat, perlite and compost mostly. I added some coarse coco that is sold as mulch for walkways. The compost portion is chicken sheep and rabbit manure from my farm. This bed was made January of 2017. Copious amounts of Gaia green all purpose fertilizer was added as I mixed the components. A cover crop of oats was planted right away. I needed soil structure produced by the roots. straw was added as a ground cover. March 1st tomato plants were added. Compost was added to the oats that were flattened down to help them rot away. Some time in April/ may I started adding compost teas made from alfalfa hay and molasses to help with bacteria growth in my soil. When the tomatoes started blooming monthly topdressings of Gaia green was switched to the bloom nutes. They have been providing tomatoes for market since late May.

Ok how do I post photos?

IMG 20171002 155138
IMG 20171002 155206
IMG 20171002 155218
IMG 20171002 155049
IMG 20171002 154943
IMG 20171002 173335
IMG 20171002 180330
IMG 20171002 173625
IMG 20171002 155318
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

The raised bed i am making is made with 2x12 and is 38ft long by 30 inches wide. I need 95cf to fill it. 30-35cf (cubic feet) peat and coco, perlite, and compost. More to come

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Amendments I plant to use in my base mix include the Gaia green, the carbonatite, gypsum, alfalfa meal and kelp meal.
Also I will be using a bale or two of pro mix with myke to help start fungal growth.
Anything else I should be looking at to add to the mix?

fatawa

fatawa

Amendments I plant to use in my base mix include the Gaia green, the carbonatite, gypsum, alfalfa meal and kelp meal.
Also I will be using a bale or two of pro mix with myke to help start fungal growth.
Anything else I should be looking at to add to the mix?
i gotta guy for u bro.i do dwc organic but this guy will suit u well. @Organikz

fatawa

fatawa

I kno theres tons of good true farmers here.this guy will kno wats wat too. @chickenmanhate to call u out bro.either way i kno u wud of found yur way to this guy as its right up yur alley

BudBogart

BudBogart

What strains of cannabis do you plan on growing? Starting soon? What growing season or climate control do you have in mind?

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

In my greenhouse I am getting set up to grow next year. I live in canada so we are getting into winter here atm. I am doing a write up about this bed build in my greenhouse as it's the same bed I am going to put in my growroom except I don't have to do any of it on the down low. I'll get to some pics of my indoor grow room soon enough. Strains I am growing currently are blue dream, critical kush and Malawi. I also am starting some candida seeds right now as well

Organikz

Organikz

@Mr.Real
Have you looked into the benefits malted barley flour can bring to your garden? If you are looking into long term soil building an extremely high quality humus source is clutch.

3 things that will build your soil structure faster than anything. Neem cake or meal, malted barley flour, and kelp meal. I do a monthly top dress of kelp meal and 50/50 neem/karanja cake. I do weekly malted barley and push that down into the soil with a sprayer solution of aloe, fulvic acid, grow-sil.

My bed is 3 months old and has more life than my back yard soil.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

@Mr.Real
Have you looked into the benefits malted barley flour can bring to your garden? If you are looking into long term soil building an extremely high quality humus source is clutch.

3 things that will build your soil structure faster than anything. Neem cake or meal, malted barley flour, and kelp meal. I do a monthly top dress of kelp meal and 50/50 neem/karanja cake. I do weekly malted barley and push that down into the soil with a sprayer solution of aloe, fulvic acid, grow-sil.

My bed is 3 months old and has more life than my back yard soil.
So I have ground neem leaves, is this the same as neem meal? I have never heard of using barley flour or what clutch is. I have some reading to do, and quick. I'm planning to build this bed over the weekend and start preparations for my indoor bed build

Organikz

Organikz

So I have ground neem leaves, is this the same as neem meal? I have never heard of using barley flour or what clutch is. I have some reading to do, and quick. I'm planning to build this bed over the weekend and start preparations for my indoor bed build
Yes that works. The seed has the highest concentration I believe. Now about malted barley flour. There are tons of benefits.

Here's a link to a thread I posted. Clackamas coot is a well known organic grower who realized the benefit of the enzymes in MBP acting on your soil in baking school. Too much malt deconstructs sugar. That's good in organic growing though.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/malted-barley-explained-by-clackamas-coot.91880/

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

First pic is the malawi. Second pic in the back is blue dream front is critical kush. The other pic is of a jack the ripper that got grown as an afterthought. I have been getting some yellowing of the leaves and have been adding fish emulsion to my water to slow that a bit.

20171004 065046
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Ok I have a question. I am designing my indoor garden. I want to build a raised bed or 2 like the one I am putting in my greenhouse. My grow room is 10x 10. Recommendations on size? I have 2 1000w lights thinking to expand to 4 in the future. I am thinking of getting blumats for watering the garden. My concern is not having drainage for runoff if that is an issue or not. It hasn't been an issue in the greenhouse but I want the best design setup. My growroom is my r and d lab for my market garden. Please bring all suggestions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom