Multi Spectrum Lighting

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Hey guys I am new to posting on these forums but have been reading them for years. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are about having multi spectrum lighting to increase yields and quaility. Personally I have found a 25% metal halide to a 75% hps lighting has gave me the best results. I currently run 10 1,000 watt hps, 6 400 watt 10,000k metal halide verts and 2 630 LEC. I am interested in what you guys are doing to attempt to provide a full spectrum. Any input is appreciated!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I often have dreamed of adding some color changing rgb leds to come on for an hour before lights out while dimming the main light at the same time to simulate a sunset and induce plant sleep. I want to do it with identical clones with a control tent grown regular at the same time.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey guys I am new to posting on these forums but have been reading them for years. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are about having multi spectrum lighting to increase yields and quaility. Personally I have found a 25% metal halide to a 75% hps lighting has gave me the best results. I currently run 10 1,000 watt hps, 6 400 watt 10,000k metal halide verts and 2 630 LEC. I am interested in what you guys are doing to attempt to provide a full spectrum. Any input is appreciated!
How do plants closest to 630s respond for you? Im very close to a 315 overhaul from 1000w open bulb verts. Curious how they've done so far?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I often have dreamed of adding some color changing rgb leds to come on for an hour before lights out while dimming the main light at the same time to simulate a sunset and induce plant sleep. I want to do it with identical clones with a control tent grown regular at the same time.
I have also gotten more curious about LEDs with some of the new fixtures they have. I like the idea of LEDs coming on first and last. The last 2 runs I played with a little bit of sunset/sunrise by having the MH verts and LEC's come one an hour before and after my main hps lighting. I could see how LEDs might be a bit more ideal at sunset sunrise.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

How do plants closest to 630s respond for you? Im very close to a 315 overhaul from 1000w open bulb verts. Curious how they've done so far?
The plants getting light from the 630's seemed frosty and more stacked. There wasn't as much stretching. I haven't taken an exact weight comparison but definitely seemed like there was more weight on plants that recieved at least a corner of the LEC light

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Also I think those 630's were putting out almost as big of a foot print as my thousand watt hoods

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Also I think those 630's were putting out almost as big of a foot print as my thousand watt hoods
Just saw some monstrous colas in weight from 630s. I was impressed. That friend swears by them and only wants more. I believe he may do mixed spectrum with HPS, too. That gives 2k and 3k, with a big swathe of color.
His nugs looked and smelled nearly perfect. Im still talking through and researching 315s after a year, but haven't heard a single complain anywhere. If its the real deal as it seems, I'll rebuild entire area for these with HPS as side, bare bulb 400w supplemental in open vert.
Thanks for sharing. I don't want to go all in on BS stonertech, but Philips created 315s for auto showrooms. We're just learning about them for our use now. Opposite of vaporware LEDs that still don't match the endless hype. And 315s are basically affordable plasma, if Im correct?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Yeah I was very skeptical of them myself but after turning one on I went and bought 2 more the next week. I have an extra one I am now using for mother plants and clones. They seem to keep the plants bushier which for me is key since I have a basement with 8 foot ceilings. I'm not sold on totally swapping hps for LEC as my main source of lightning. But I think they help a lot having 1 LEC for every 3 or 4 hps. I really would like to see sunlight come out with a way to hang the 315 bulbs as a bare bulb vert since I think they are best as supplemental. I'm doing a small organic run under 1 630 to see what kind of quality comes out from strictly an LEC

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I would like to add on the topic of LEC's that you make sure to buy the 240v fixtures. This is what they are designed for. They run more efficient and provide better lighting this way. A sunlight rep told me this

keiksweat

keiksweat

are yo
Just saw some monstrous colas in weight from 630s. I was impressed. That friend swears by them and only wants more. I believe he may do mixed spectrum with HPS, too. That gives 2k and 3k, with a big swathe of color.
His nugs looked and smelled nearly perfect. Im still talking through and researching 315s after a year, but haven't heard a single complain anywhere. If its the real deal as it seems, I'll rebuild entire area for these with HPS as side, bare bulb 400w supplemental in open vert.
Thanks for sharing. I don't want to go all in on BS stonertech, but Philips created 315s for auto showrooms. We're just learning about them for our use now. Opposite of vaporware LEDs that still don't match the endless hype. And 315s are basically affordable plasma, if Im correct?
Are you sure Phillips produced these for auto show rooms?I've been told by two different sources that there sole purpose is in horticulture?I'm not saying your wrong pal,just curious were you heard the auto part?I was even told not to buy any of the other cmh set ups ,only the Phillips 315s along with the two Phillips bulbs,as there the only ones designed for plants,nearest to natural sunlight spectrum.thanks bro.really curious now I've read this as this is what I've always been led to believe.keiks.

N

noone88

Until we move away from this obsession with pounds per light, which we all know is flawed ever since Gavitas came out recommending a 5'x5' footprint vs your 1000w SE 4'x4' footprint, I dont think many people will experiment with different spectrums. Yield is king and becomes even more important as the market becomes saturated and prices go down.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just be aware that cannabis responds best when the spectrum across the canopy is homogeneous. Pretty hard to do with hps/hid. cmh is a better choice, but a quality led sends 100% of the spectrum to the canopy, instead of bouncing ~ 50% off a hood.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Just be aware that cannabis responds best when the spectrum across the canopy is homogeneous. Pretty hard to do with hps/hid. cmh is a better choice, but a quality led sends 100% of the spectrum to the canopy, instead of bouncing ~ 50% off a hood.
Do you have any led light fixtures you would recommend? I have thought about redoing my room to put a row of led's in the center of my 2 rows of hps hoods. I'm just curious if doing this would increase quality and without hurting my yields. Currently doing about 1.5-2 per 1000watt depending on strain. I guess one of my other questions are do you guys think LEDs help more with quality or yields? I personally don't know anyone running them. Most guys I know have big undercurrent systems with all hps to get the big yields.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I really appreciate all the feedback guys! I just figured multi spectrum lighting would be a good discussion with all of the new bulbs and fixtures out there now.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do you have any led light fixtures you would recommend? I have thought about redoing my room to put a row of led's in the center of my 2 rows of hps hoods. I'm just curious if doing this would increase quality and without hurting my yields. Currently doing about 1.5-2 per 1000watt depending on strain. I guess one of my other questions are do you guys think LEDs help more with quality or yields? I personally don't know anyone running them. Most guys I know have big undercurrent systems with all hps to get the big yields.

See my thread Hail Hydro as it shows the Amare Tech leds in action over several of my grows. Now I am a personal use grower, but on another site there are a couple commercial growers using numerous Amares

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would do hps led combo for both yield and quality. ledlightplant.com sells some good cob led grow lights
http://www.ledlightplant.com/cob-64...led-grow-lighting-indoor-hydro-lamp-p-50.html

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Thanks doc I'll check it out later tonight. Flipping these ladies Tonight so getting my trellis on . I appreciate the feedback! I have been very curious on people's thoughts on different types of lightning. Something I have just recently started experimenting with.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

See my thread Hail Hydro as it shows the Amare Tech leds in action over several of my grows. Now I am a personal use grower, but on another site there are a couple commercial growers using numerous Amares
Thanks bud I'll check it out later!

Top Bottom