• Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Throwback pic that popped up today...Seedsman Blueberry, May 2020
Bb2 5 2020
Bb1 5 2020

sportyridr

sportyridr

Howdy fellow growers of the Herb, hope things are good & your plants are kickin a$$.

If you are here for the pretty 😍 sorry to disappoint.

There was some up potting of plants to the 4by that happened on the weekend. The "best" (using that term loosely) 12 out of the 17 DFG beans that popped are now in 1 gal fabs. Things are coming around, we just need a few days to get some roots under them.

The amount of roots when up potting was minimal to say the least, it's no wonder things were going so poorly. Not sure, not dwelling on it, moving on. This is what happens when you try to make things happen faster than Ma Nature has in mind lol. They look better & have new growth already in just a day, we'll have them hummin along here after a few days. Still all to be sexed after flipping, looks like a cpl weeks out for that right now.
20221106 185601

Current info is on the whiteboard pic. I'll be handwatering for at least this week, maybe next.
20221106 190726

Here is an idea I had, when I open the tent there is no need to swing it all the way back and hook it to the attached loop. This does not work when you want to have the sides open as well to work.. Nothing special but to take weight off of the zipper here I put in a little metal ring when I can attach and take the stress off the door and not cover up sides.
20221106 192235

Closet Re-Do number One thousand, four hundred & nineteen. This is a current running joke how many times I have to change the closet around to suit the plants lol. Here is the current situation. Things have changed.

Autoflower Regs I believe are Photos. I have effed with them quite a bit and they are still not flowering even after 7 weeks so we have a new plan. Switching closet to 12/12 today and will finish em out this way. I did mention a scrog setup last week and here it is in the early stages made from quality material here aound the house.It's actually from a ladderball yard game and boy howdy, its just the right size and with some "Sporty rigging" we're scrogging the Twenty20 Avenue of Giants cut late in the grow at 4 weeks flower. Looks like this type of setup may work nicely in here. We will adapt as we progress.
20221107 103207

Autos are Green Headband & 2 Sour Lemon

20221107 103328

Seedlings are just that. 5 DFG's that prob should hit the bin.
20221107 103004

Other strains popped last week are:

2 Cambodian Crasher
2 Wedding Crasher
1 The Cube x Romulan
1 Ancient Chocolate
2 Blue Cookies
2 Headbanger x Goji OG

All of the these are Photo REGS and maybe some fire. We'll see over time, eventually the Fems will get grown out with my str8 Fem grows.
20221107 103101

Hoping my November is better than October was for me!

sportyridr

sportyridr

Getting to the bottom of current growing probs.

It has taken a few runs to catch up to me (2 to 3 runs) but my used coco is acting like soil. Thus all my seedling issues and now transplant issues are due to reusing the coco before the organic stuff (old roots) has had a chance to breakdown.

Here is a video I did a bit ago...thoughts???

To be clear...I do soak & rinse the coco, actually strain (pasta strainer size holes) out the peat (fine crap), rebuffer for 24 hours, drain, fluff, store in tote.
That said though when I reuse with some organic matter left it appears to be causing major water retention. I mean this shit is still way heavy after 3 days even.
Quite a mess trying to save some dough.

New folk to this journal have gotta think I can't even grow grass or just coming for the laughs lol.

So it gonna be all new coco from here on out. It's already alot of work to reuse, I'm not adding anymore time to the process.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Man, this is like DeJavu, as I just had this problem after 4 runs. The 5th run got heavy and would not drain properly. I got Cana Coco & new 3gal. material bags for my 6th run currently in veg. Sorry you had this problem too. SS

sportyridr

sportyridr

Man, this is like DeJavu, as I just had this problem after 4 runs. The 5th run got heavy and would not drain properly. I got Cana Coco & new 3gal. material bags for my 6th run currently in veg. Sorry you had this problem too. SS

I think I remember you mentioning reusing coco as well but nothing clicked about it for me until last night when I was picking up pots and feeling weights, things were going fine until they weren't lol

Thanks, I'm sorry too, gotta get back on track with things here promptly 🙂 I still have 11 plants just potted up a week & a half a go in the stuff to deal with...

sportyridr

sportyridr

Oh my, over/under is at 110 points! Michigan by 30.5...whooooo 〽️💪
FBGUSenXEAMCqen

That is all...lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Howdy fellow growers of the Herb, hope things are good & your plants are kickin a$$.

If you are here for the pretty 😍 sorry to disappoint.

There was some up potting of plants to the 4by that happened on the weekend. The "best" (using that term loosely) 12 out of the 17 DFG beans that popped are now in 1 gal fabs. Things are coming around, we just need a few days to get some roots under them.

The amount of roots when up potting was minimal to say the least, it's no wonder things were going so poorly. Not sure, not dwelling on it, moving on. This is what happens when you try to make things happen faster than Ma Nature has in mind lol. They look better & have new growth already in just a day, we'll have them hummin along here after a few days. Still all to be sexed after flipping, looks like a cpl weeks out for that right now.
View attachment 1300412
Current info is on the whiteboard pic. I'll be handwatering for at least this week, maybe next.
View attachment 1300413

Here is an idea I had, when I open the tent there is no need to swing it all the way back and hook it to the attached loop. This does not work when you want to have the sides open as well to work.. Nothing special but to take weight off of the zipper here I put in a little metal ring when I can attach and take the stress off the door and not cover up sides.
View attachment 1300414

Closet Re-Do number One thousand, four hundred & nineteen. This is a current running joke how many times I have to change the closet around to suit the plants lol. Here is the current situation. Things have changed.

Autoflower Regs I believe are Photos. I have effed with them quite a bit and they are still not flowering even after 7 weeks so we have a new plan. Switching closet to 12/12 today and will finish em out this way. I did mention a scrog setup last week and here it is in the early stages made from quality material here aound the house.It's actually from a ladderball yard game and boy howdy, its just the right size and with some "Sporty rigging" we're scrogging the Twenty20 Avenue of Giants cut late in the grow at 4 weeks flower. Looks like this type of setup may work nicely in here. We will adapt as we progress.
View attachment 1300420
Autos are Green Headband & 2 Sour Lemon

View attachment 1300419

Seedlings are just that. 5 DFG's that prob should hit the bin.
View attachment 1300418

Other strains popped last week are:

2 Cambodian Crasher
2 Wedding Crasher
1 The Cube x Romulan
1 Ancient Chocolate
2 Blue Cookies
2 Headbanger x Goji OG

All of the these are Photo REGS and maybe some fire. We'll see over time, eventually the Fems will get grown out with my str8 Fem grows.
View attachment 1300417

Hoping my November is better than October was for me!
Hang in there with dfg gear if I’m not late ? It will be worth the work imo.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Def worth saving.might take a couple weeks to rebound though.you going to up pot them sporty..

Hang in there with dfg gear if I’m not late ? It will be worth the work imo.

Thanks fellas, I/they/we are still going...been very close I gotta tell ya

They were up potted from solos to 1 gals last weekend...just starting to come around with some rootbuilding...did a cpl good drybacks seemed to help make the roots get moving...update again on Monday 🙂

sportyridr

sportyridr

Be advised, Stoner treats below 🤣

Went out and picked me some Moose Farts from the wilds of the Northeast USA this morning, tasty treats but I think I should have stayed out longer and got a triple batch...these are one is definately not enuff.
20221113 140732

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Be advised, Stoner treats below 🤣

Went out and picked me some Moose Farts from the wilds of the Northeast USA this morning, tasty treats but I think I should have stayed out longer and got a triple batch...these are one is definately not enuff.
View attachment 1302454Y\
Yes indeed I could go for a six pack of those and a quart of coffee right about now....We get a 10 pack of what they call Tim Bits same but with a bunch of flavors, sprinkles, chocolate, cake, honey and such, bad habit on the drive home from the city

Top Bottom