Multi Strains of Fire, Sporty's New 4by & Journal

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Don't know about another way, but, I used to be a hardcore DWC man, which is another option for media. I took a small part from the DWC buckets, although it was only they hydroton part, so I've been using it for a medium for a while now, but even it collects salts over time and becomes a problem just like coco. The reason I dumped coco as a medium is because my garden was ten inches higher than my next doors garden due to the amount of coco I dumped on it as a side effect of my indoor activities, so I moved onto hydorton, I get a couple of grows from it and then it done. I used to use rock wool, but it takes 10 years to break down in the soil, so I dumped that. Hydorton is where I am now, but getting rid of the Hydroton when its blown is as hard as dumping the rock wool, makes good paths though. 😁

Thanks, I read that about the Hydroton when I considered adding it to my autopot grow way back when. It can catch alot of salts.
I have a raised bed veg garden out back but it's got plenty of soil/peat/perlite lol.

The more I have thought about the reuse and cost it really makes no sense other than I was trying to do my part recycling.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I went 5 runs, or no it was 4 runs, then the "Salts" got me! I may go to 2 runs, re-buffer coco then 2 more before throwing the coco/perlite in my flower beds, Cheers and Happy rainy weekend from Coastal Texas. SS

It wasn't the salt that got me SS as everything was washed, rinsed, strained & rebuffered to .04ec before reuse.

It was the composition breakdown that left little to no room for oxygen and made it more like soil. I showed that in the video.

I'm pretty sure I also overworked the coco doing more damage?

You could have 17* & blowing a gale up here in the Northeast, wanna trade? 😀

sportyridr

sportyridr

Week 12...my boys are #3 in the nation...far as I'm concerned, next week is for the title, this is a warm up, wake up game...
hoping they make a statement today in prep for next week...the game the game the game lurks next Sat at noon.

GO BLUE! Beat Illinois
FhiUvWnVUAEnoz
Fh07qivXoAALqCM

sportyridr

sportyridr

Slid by by the skin of your teeth! L O L!

Haha...damn right lol...way too many missed opportunities with poor passes & dropped balls...Jake Moody the kicker KICKS ASS!

I figure that's the last win, my hopes of getting by that team down south next Sat. dwindled alot yesterday, that said there were alot of players out! GO BLUE!

sportyridr

sportyridr

She got the chop, chop, chop....she got the chop 😀

Twenty20 Avenue of the Giants has had enough...solid milk with some Amber's...she started her flower journey in a tote, got the scrog idea, threw her in the closet and here we are...
She turned out ok, a small win in the midst of the nightmare the last 3 months.
20221209 091208
20221209 091150
20221209 091020

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Lookin good bro and I like Blues odds. I'm out here and wish was goin to the game. You puttin any $ on it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom