Multiple random issues in sealed room

• Thread starter MrMackey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrMackey

MrMackey

Hi, I’m new on this site but been growing for a fair time and have many successful grows under my belt however I’ve been pulling my hair out for months now and hoping some of you guys can help and this thread can hopefuly get a decent amount of knowledge to help in the future!

the problem(s) once flipped to 12/12 the majority of plants (not all) show classic magnesium deficiency within 1-3weeks most of the time not every time which sometimes is remedied With Epsom salt and or higher calmag doses othertimes the problem just gets worse/stays manageable or transforms into what looks like N toxicity but often ends up looking like multiple deficiencies. The tops of the buds on some plants go deformed as in like a flat head and very small, yet quality stil stays 8/10 no matter how weird the plants get I’ll put up some pictures of both early and later stage problems below.

as much information about the grow as I can think of...
Opticlimate controlled rooms temps are currently 26-27 lights on 20-21 lights off
Rh 55-70% goes from one to the other as the compressor of the ac is on/off
Gavita de 1000w fixtures are set at 850w layed out 1 light over 4 plants every 1.2mx1.2m lights are close to the 9ft ceilings as possible and around 6ft from the plants when flipped and around 3ft give or take 6” once stretched out (often think this is the problem but have had mega yields and quality in same room this year)
Co2 injected from bottle at 800-900ppm (feels wasteful atm)
Not many circulating fans but 80-90% of the plants have a nice gentle leaf movement from the opti climate
Alien easyfeed system in 20l fabric pots 70/30 coco perlite this is a bottom fed system for those who don’t know (there not too common) plants drink about 3-4l per day from 1 flood (bottom 2”or so for1hour) judging by how many plants and how fast a 500l tank is used up
I’ll post my feed schedule but basically they get ph 5.9-6.3 all the way through flower and ec starts at 1.8 (total with water etc) for 1st few weeks and up to around 2.6ec at peak levels then flushed plain water the last 10 days (I’ve tinkered with this on and off everyway possible with the nutes I have to hand chasing deficiencies) I know these ec seem high but every time I go the lower route things seem to go south fast and slower when on the higher ec.

things I think it could be that I’ve tried are cal mag doses I’ve tried 0.2 ec on top of my bg ec which brings it to 0.6 ec before rest ofnutes go in and up to 0.8ec (1.2 total before other nutes)
Epsom salt at similar ec lvls with and without extra calmag
Tried base nutes as low as 1.4 ec total and high as 2.0 (after calmag but before any additives)
Had thrips and fungus gnats at one point thought they were to blame for rid of them completely and yields were better but still not what they was.

things I think about that I’ve not tried
Recently read about toxic gases released from carpet/wood/bare walls
It really looks like these symptoms but not sure why some plants look fine and others turn to shit (same strain from cutting)

over or under watering?
I’ve can’t give no more otherwise they will still have some water 24hours later still in the tray currently the tray empties before it re fills I could give less but when they are healthy and going well they can dry too much it’s only since this issue they r drinking less

the carbon filters have not been changed in 18months of use on the opti climates however I’m getting this problem in a brand new setup aswel

side note, I know everybody will say I must have run off because of salt build up and i agree that’s best when top feeding but I’ve had over 1g per w many many times with this method and when I do flush the odd plant just to check run off reading they are almost always in range not changing much from what goes in.

anyway I’m open to all ideas and I’ll be running an experiment with 6 spare plants starting next week with differnt feed levels and phs to see if i can get any closer and I promise I’ll keep updating until there’s a fix I’m sure I’m not the only one with these problems

MrMackey

MrMackey

These are gg4 cuts that are the biggest problem been growing the strain constant since 18months and it was always the best yield and quality now it’s THE problem strain in this pic they are 3weeks into 12/12 and this happened from perfect looking in around 3 days I’ll get more pics of this room tomoro now about 4 weeks in

6963E431 2CD9 4EA9 AB1C A54BA709420A
AF68D9B6 F52F 414E 8FC2 6CE45584B5DB
C55C906C FA5A 4B79 B61C 5BF5490B8F12
75B41BAB C3AA 47CD A5FE 013720B8FF57
C709F5B1 5D24 4512 B0C0 8153043CBAA7
MrMackey

MrMackey

A shot from further back this is after I pulled a few leaves some pots look much wetter than others these are ones I flushed with feed to check run off

4E25717D 0ED9 4E23 A943 C4103D698E8E
MrMackey

MrMackey

These are in the same room a differnt stain that has always grown very similar to the gg cut I have at the time of this pic only 2/3 showed slight signs of looking pissed now I believe it’s about 8 out of 22 and all 10/10 on the glues I’ll check this tomorrow along with run off readings

FB52CE65 C21E 47F4 A9D8 D1468388EB65
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Howdy and welcome.
Are you certain this isn't a N deficiency?
And what is your PH at?

MrMackey

MrMackey

This room is on week 6/7 when pictured and showed the same signs as above from early on in flower these are the worst that I’ve had size wise although I’ve had equally as bad with much worse looking leaves before

610D7915 441A 4AB7 9845 A5111BEBC725
736D5B94 9A8A 4BA3 95E0 D3E76069645C
F67E299D 842C 4747 9F6C 36882714059D
MrMackey

MrMackey

This is the same 6/7week room and strain but the better of the bunch (stil really bad) I’m guessing these are around 4-6oz per plant when I’ve always had 7-9 previously

E9AA9F76 B895 4B8E 8510 81545B686163
MrMackey

MrMackey

Howdy and welcome.
And what is your PH at?
Thanks for speedy reply mate at this point I’m not sure on anything I’m questioning my entire life of knowledge lol my ph going in is always 5.9-6.3 I let it drift between these ranges however the res does sometimes spaz out over night and rise to high 6s or low 5s which I find really odd as it’s not recirculating but it’s nearly always re ph’d before it’s fed I have thought about using veg feed for the 1st 2 weeks stretch and this is something I’ll try on my spares next week

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
This does happen to us all over time.
I'm constantly fighting PH as our city water is in the 8's. And your leaves look like mine if I slack on checking it.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Howdy and welcome.
And what is your PH at?
too freaked out to look close, today. i thought i saw dark grn, as well. i have some book pics, i believe, buried deep n my profile pics, that may subsidize advice u might go with. sorry. i can only do this so long, til i get ugly...

MrMackey

MrMackey

Why do you keep humidity so high, and the lights off temperatures so low?
Thanks for checking in mate, the humidity is as low as I can get it once there in full bloom and bushed out it’s basically 50-55 once the opti climate has reached its temperature then the cooler switches off for a few min until it reaches its max temp then the cycle starts again so it’s probly 55-60 for 3 out of every 5min then it reaches 70 tops I can’t add any more dehumidifier that will make a difference due to my amps being maxed on the electric and my night temps I thought were slightly high if anything just going by all the guides I’ve read over the years. What do you suggest I run them at?

This does happen to us all over time.
I'm constantly fighting PH as our city water is in the 8's. And your leaves look like mine if I slack on checking it.
Ah least it’s not just me it’s a pain in the arse especially as it’s so random even tried a torus ph device that didn’t stop it was worried I could have some bad bacteria even tho I use voodoo juice 1st 2 weeks and clean with h202 end of each grow

too freaked out to look close, today. i thought i saw dark grn, as well. i have some book pics, i believe, buried deep n my profile pics, that may subsidize advice u might go with. sorry. i can only do this so long, til i get ugly...
Not sure exactly what you meen mate N toxicity? Skunkydunk suggested is deficient but my thoughts are toxicity IF anything with N

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I usually give at least 3, sometimes 4 doses of N (albeit low dose) in my teas during flower stopping at week 6.

MrMackey

MrMackey

This is the feed chart I use the only variables I’ve really tried are calmag up and down, Epsom salt, and ionic the base nite up
And down

I’m at the point I’m willing to try a whole new nutrient line preferably simple as possible I have the full npk raw available which I’ll be trying next week was thinking either shogun samurai or general hydroponics without mixing brands

658122A3 0755 4ECC A5CB B744B885D20E
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Thanks for checking in mate, the humidity is as low as I can get it once there in full bloom and bushed out it’s basically 50-55 once the opti climate has reached its temperature then the cooler switches off for a few min until it reaches its max temp then the cycle starts again so it’s probly 55-60 for 3 out of every 5min then it reaches 70 tops I can’t add any more dehumidifier that will make a difference due to my amps being maxed on the electric and my night temps I thought were slightly high if anything just going by all the guides I’ve read over the years. What do you suggest I run them at?

Ah least it’s not just me it’s a pain in the arse especially as it’s so random even tried a torus ph device that didn’t stop it was worried I could have some bad bacteria even tho I use voodoo juice 1st 2 weeks and clean with h202 end of each grow

Not sure exactly what you meen mate N toxicity? Skunkydunk suggested is deficient but my thoughts are toxicity IF anything with N
i didn't look close enough. can't. not today. sorry. dark, tends to b N retention. i fight my own battles, with it. only 1 of 4 tanks, did i defeat it in this rotation. i know there's a ph pellet thing/capsule, for hydros.
ur humidity fight... i battle it vs watts n temp, as well. u r not alone in ur struggles. a lil experimentation and 2, 50' extension cords, makin the hizzy, look like white trash..., really cost me, this last couple weeks so... but if p.m. had won the battle- I'd b f'd so... that 70rh... gotta win that battle! someone, recently said- empty lime bags ... i wasn't that brave. I'm familiar, with the consistency, of lime...

as a reminder- N, will b metabolized, just as easily (or stored/"taken up"), at any point, from 5/5, to 6.5ish... it's not something u can slim, with ph adjustments... charts for ph of varying mediums r n my pic profile. just n case...

plus- i do better, at research n supporting, "treatments", than i do- diagnosing, from pics. I'm just not as good at it, as say- aquaman n serephene.

MrMackey

MrMackey

Here’s a couple pics from today a week has gone by since them 1st pics at the start of the post and it looks like the leaves affected have got much worse but doesn’t seem to be spreading to any new growth just yet pretty sure buds are still forming but definitely not how they usualy do

DDC1C92C F61C 4AB9 B3E1 BF73BA3EEFC3
76380944 28CE 441C B598 1169C4F13AD6
A7CA962B 3E8D 46A7 B729 5120832D89BD
64A0F113 B0E2 418F 8A0A 8729E7F54B17
MrMackey

MrMackey

Ec going in is 2.1 ph 6.0 done a run off test on one of each strain today that’s showing the signs the worst and the gg ec was 2.7 ph 5.9 and the other strain was 3.0 and 6.4 so I’m going to flush the whole room with 1.2 ec (base nute only) 6.0 ph on Friday and dilute the res from 2.1 to 1.8 and see how they react. I’ve adjusted temps slightly 25-27day 21-23 night, co2 ppms dropped from 800-900 to 500-600 and left the door open slighty today as the room next door is where I dry and has a fan and filter running at a very slow speed Incase it is to do with any offgassing or ethylene build ups Ill keep u updated after the weekend once they been flushed pruned and had a chance to react to some minor adjustments in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions or similar experience I’m all ears

Latest posts

Top Bottom