music room Micro grow

• Thread starter Bill Bloome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bill Bloome

Greetings Farmers I've got my Micro up and running.I decided to use stuff I had about and buy only what I needed.Built the box from wood I had on hand and used lights from my workshop.Used lamp cord to wire the CFL's had t buy 4 sockets at 1.89 a piece.The 150 HPS I robbed from a driveway light.In all I spent maybe 20 bucks for sockets bulbs and a fan.Seems to be working!
I've got Ghanja Dwarfs growing.2 a week older than the rest .Pictures are in my gallery until I figure out how to put them here.

B

bootlegbrewer

Looks pretty solid, especially for 20 bucks! I did a grow this size about a year ago w/cfls and a 75 watt HPS from a driveway light. Are the CFLs built in or can they be moved?

B

Bill Bloome

I've got the CFL's mounted on a board that can be moved if needed.The tubes are mounted on screws and can be moved easily.The Dwarfs are auto-flowers and I think, with the HPS,they should flower quite nicely.Check my gallery,I just put new pics up.

B

bootlegbrewer

Lookin Good! Have you thought about having the CFLs spread on all four walls for a more even light distribution?

B

Bill Bloome

You can only put lights on the three walls[back and sides] cause the front is the door.I borrowed a light meter from the lighting director[I work at HOB]and there is very even readings in the box due to small size and amount of source.The LD says if I put tubes on each side it may help but really insignificant until I build a bigger box.The amount of reflection is sufficient due to white interior,overhead reflector and box size.I think my next modification will be to swap the small HPS for a top mounted 400HPS.My lighting director thinks that will turn the box into a bud monster!I've decided to break my rule of "on hand"and ordered the light.I'm going with a digital so I can use both MH and HPS. This way,I'll have a decent light when I go to a bigger box.

B

Bill Bloome

My girls are kicking ass.Had to move the box into the garage cause they smell SO damn GOOD!Like a cross between a Douglas Fir and a run over skunk.Wonder what road kill smokes like?

S

smellofbud

new guy

was up saw ur box set up nice but what i really wanted to know is what r CFLs and HPS just trying ta get the termenologe

B

Bill Bloome

CFL stands for compact fouresecent light and HPS for high pressure sodium.The CFLs can be purchased at Wally world for 9 bucks for a 150 and the HPS at any Lowes or Home Depot.Go to an electrical supply store and you can get almost any wattage you want from 70 to 1000 in a parking lot fixture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom