Musings During Dialysis

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

What do you think ole Jerry would think of all this going on Jim?

He would be writing as much music as he and Hunter to could get onto paper and doing daily concerts on YouTube. That was always how Jerry contributed, with his music. He may also be integral in organizing his local community, he was good at that too.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
He would be writing as much music as he and Hunter to could get onto paper and doing daily concerts on YouTube. That was always how Jerry contributed, with his music. He may also be integral in organizing his local community, he was good at that too.
I think Jerry's brother Tiff was a lot like Jerry, and might have been a major influence on him as he grew up. When I met him in Novato, aside from appearances, he sounded and talked the same way Jerry did.
"Wow man, this gotta mean something" was always his quote that I'll remember for the rest of my life. He said it in the same nasal tone Jerry sometimes used. I think this would be the way he summed up the current situation!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think Jerry's brother Tiff was a lot like Jerry, and might have been a major influence on him as he grew up. When I met him in Novato, aside from appearances, he sounded and talked the same way Jerry did.
"Wow man, this gotta mean something" was always his quote that I'll remember for the rest of my life. He said it in the same nasal tone Jerry sometimes used. I think this would be the way he summed up the current situation!
That would be the brother that chopped his finger off I assume..?
20200328 121927

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Does anyone piss on their plants? I tried pissing in the dirt of a few plants years ago and found a slight better quality of plant growth. I only did it a few times to revent acidic conditions, as urine can burn a plant from the ammonia it degrades into. I know it sounds nasty, but has anyone done it and noticed positive results?

Vagician

Vagician

Does anyone piss on their plants? I tried pissing in the dirt of a few plants years ago and found a slight better quality of plant growth. I only did it a few times to revent acidic conditions, as urine can burn a plant from the ammonia it degrades into. I know it sounds nasty, but has anyone done it and noticed positive results?

Hahaha when I worked in greenhouses I messed around with this. I had about 5,000 sunflowers that were in #1 containers, each 2-3 feet tall and ready for sale. I picked 9 or 10 poor bastards to give my morning's rented coffee to. One "watering" seemed fine and anything more than that caused them to yellow, wilt, then die. Some of them only got watered that way for a week and tanked hard. I've had black market Mendocino mountain grower friends add nutrients to their feed this way, nutes are hard to get up the mountain, gotta be efficient when you're that far away from civilization I guess? One guy was a vegan and even changed his diet to have more N P K at different stages of the grow. So small containers will die and massive plants in massive containers eat it up.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

As you guys have already noticed and stated, a little is ok but a lot is not a good thing. The urea and ammonia build up quickly in the soil and make it toxic. When plants are in the ground there is more area for the urine to disperse and more microbiology to take the place of the damaged population and to break down the ammonia and urea. Its not a practice I would recommend, but once in a while its not going hurt, at least not in veg.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I was in boarding school in the early 70s, instead of walking down the hall and using the bathroom, since it was all boys, we would often just piss out the window, Every spring, there were grassy areas below each window that were at least 2-3X more healthy than the surrounding grass. Indoors, it doesn't take too long to burn from ammonia.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have 1 more week of hemodialysis, then I switch to peritoneal dialysis. I still have hoses hanging out of me, but at least I can live a more normal life than sitting 3x a week for hemodialysis. The new method does it while I sleep, pumping and sucking a sugar solution throuhout my guts. Kinda creepy but it works! Here I am dressed in my Corona-garb! The blood goes in... the blood goes out....

20200313 112703
Terpz719

Terpz719

I have 1 more week of hemodialysis, then I switch to peritoneal dialysis. I still have hoses hanging out of me, but at least I can live a more normal life than sitting 3x a week for hemodialysis. The new method does it while I sleep, pumping and sucking a sugar solution throuhout my guts. Kinda creepy but it works! Here I am dressed in my Corona-garb! The blood goes in... the blood goes out....
Hang in there buddy! Not that I'm dealing with anything like you, I try to stay focused on happy positive thoughts like all the strains I haven't had a chance to grow. Yet.

ru knuts

ru knuts

It's a bitch getting old, I'm there too. I've got my own set of medical problems, but I go with the attitude that there are people who are a hell of a lot worse off than I am, keeps life in prospective. Being vertical is better than being planted horizontally.
Take care.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's a bitch getting old, I'm there too. I've got my own set of medical problems, but I go with the attitude that there are people who are a hell of a lot worse off than I am, keeps life in prospective. Being vertical is better than being planted horizontally.
Take care.
The hemo was a drag, but I have a ton of new medical issues since last November... now I have every condition that you shouldn't have for the flu. Anyhow, the PD will once again allow me to enjoy the stuff I enjoy, at least in theory. I agree, there are a lot of folks worse off but I try to stay positive. When this stuff happens, you dont really have a choice in dealing with it, you just do it. Most health care workers can't believe how well I am feeling and acting after they read my medical history. I wasn't supposed to live, or if I did, I was supposed to be brain damaged. I am neither and happy as shit about it! Every day is an extra, although I need to adjust my thinking about doing my bucket list instead of just dreaming it. I'm hoping this PD will help free me up so I can do some of this stuff again!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
One side effect that I get from dialysis is a bad case of munchies, typically lasting for about 2 hours after a treatment. Of course, I catch a pretty good pre-dialysis buzz, so that could have something to do with it, although 4 hours after the treatment starts, I don't have much of a residual buzz. Now my wife wants to order a white pizza and italian food from a local restaurant. Now I'm forced to sit here for a few more hours thinking about the hot pizza they are probably already enjoying.. I get the cold leftovers!

ru knuts

ru knuts

One side effect that I get from dialysis is a bad case of munchies, typically lasting for about 2 hours after a treatment. Of course, I catch a pretty good pre-dialysis buzz, so that could have something to do with it, although 4 hours after the treatment starts, I don't have much of a residual buzz. Now my wife wants to order a white pizza and italian food from a local restaurant. Now I'm forced to sit here for a few more hours thinking about the hot pizza they are probably already enjoying.. I get the cold leftovers!
I hate cold pizza. I just read an article that said to use a seasoned cast iron pan on medium heat and cook left over pizza cheese side down until you see the cheese melting and than flip it right side up to warm the crust. The seasoned pan keeps the cheese from sticking to the pan. I haven't tried it yet myself. Supposedly it doesn't make a reheated pizza soggy. I'll try anything once.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I hate cold pizza. I just read an article that said to use a seasoned cast iron pan on medium heat and cook left over pizza cheese side down until you see the cheese melting and than flip it right side up to warm the crust. The seasoned pan keeps the cheese from sticking to the pan. I haven't tried it yet myself. Supposedly it doesn't make a reheated pizza soggy. I'll try anything once.
I have found the best way to reheat pizza is in a 450 oven. Microwaving it turns it into mush, but it's hard to get a good taste out of it once it cools off.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I have found the best way to reheat pizza is in a 450 oven. Microwaving it turns it into mush, but it's hard to get a good taste out of it once it cools off.
I have reheated it in an oven, but like you say it's just not the same. I'm going to try the cast iron trick next time I have left over pizza. What do I have to lose?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
For anyone who follows this thread... I have a session coming p this morning and I welcome any new topics to discuss or peruse during the 4 hour long fun filled experience.
The blood goes in
The blood goes out....

Top Bottom