Mutant? Idk what to do with this plant

• Thread starter DanC520
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DanC520

DanC520

So I sprouted 5 seeds and they're a few weeks along. Four are doing great, but one of my Mimosa EVOs is strange as hell and keeps getting more weird. Just wondering if anyone see one like this before. I'll put details after photos, but not too relevant.

Mutant idk what to do with this plant

Mutant idk what to do with this plant 2

I figured I'll keep growing it to see what happens. But now showing some burn and the idea of mixing nutes just for this weirdo does not have me thrilled. But I'll do it for science if I have to. My other Mimosa is fine, so are my Glookies and my Airplane glue (this one going bananas).

Barney's Mimosa EVO
70/30 Coco
GH Trio
5.8ph, 1400ish EC going in (pretty much the same coming out). Feed around lights on. PHed water drink midway through light cycle
77ish lights on, 69ish lights off (nice)
RH around 55-65
Mars Hydro TSW 2000 about 26 inches away
3 gal fabric pots

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Did you buffer or rinse your coco first? 5.8 PH is pretty low is your coco high?

DanC520

DanC520

Did you buffer or rinse your coco first? 5.8 PH is pretty low is your coco high?

Coco was buffered and charged with cal mag. Afaik, 5.5-6.5 the range for coco. I have 4 other plants sprouted at the same time, include one from same seed package, and those are all going great. This plant has been strange since sprout when only watered with plain ph-ed water. I'm positive the only thing I could have caused is the burn. The rest of what is going on is the plant's doing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Coco was buffered and charged with cal mag. Afaik, 5.5-6.5 the range for coco. I have 4 other plants sprouted at the same time, include one from same seed package, and those are all going great. This plant has been strange since sprout when only watered with plain ph-ed water. I'm positive the only thing I could have caused is the burn. The rest of what is going on is the plant's doing.
i see signs of suffocation.. somehow/sometime she was overwatered..
it’s always human error.

DanC520

DanC520

what’s that green looking stuff on your medium surface?

Some algae I assume. That's just the perlite. I'm not too worried about that at the moment. Definitely noticed more of it with the plants under the LED vs my others under an HEC light.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I dont know about in coco pearlite persay but in many systems and in my systems even yellowing pearlite is no es bueno....but green crap growing on it? seems like possiably too much water. How much and how often?

DanC520

DanC520

i see signs of suffocation.. somehow/sometime she was overwatered..
it’s always human error.

If that is the case, this plant is a special snowflake. I've treated all the same. I know each plant can be different, but not doing anything too aggressive. Tent mates for context.

DanC520

DanC520

I dont know about in coco pearlite persay but in many systems and in my systems even yellowing pearlite is no es bueno....but green crap growing on it? seems like possiably too much water. How much and how often?

Like a quarter gallon per around lights on and around lil splash of PH-ed water around midway through the light cycle.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, i’m not a coco guy firstly..
though just by the look of some of those leaves some kinda have a blistered look, which is probably overwatering in your case, as with twisting of leaves, spots.. etc..

DanC520

DanC520

Also. All of these pics were right after lights on. Hadn't watered yet and still waking up.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just wait for advice of what to do from a coco grower..

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Also. All of these pics were right after lights on. Hadn't watered yet and still waking up.
Not a coco grower. Closest I've come is 50/50. But your soil looks plenty moist still, if you didn't water yet.

DanC520

DanC520

ok, i’m not a coco guy firstly..
though just by the look of some of those leaves some kinda have a blistered look, which is probably overwatering in your case, as with twisting of leaves, spots.. etc..

I've only grow in coco so far. I'll be first to say I'm not an expert. But all I've seen is coco is watered/feed in a significantly higher frequency than soil. They're taking in the goods, growing fast, and run off tests fine. So might be some slight over watering, but nothing I'm too concerned about at the moment. Just curious about my strange plant.

DanC520

DanC520

Not a coco grower. Closest I've come is 50/50. But your soil looks plenty moist still, if you didn't water yet.

You don't let coco get dry. Drier, but not dry.

HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS. | THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network

Growing Cannabis in Coco Coir with High Frequency Fertigation - Coco For Cannabis

"Maintain Saturation between 90 and 100%
Because coco mixed with perlite maintains oxygen even when saturated, the best management practice is to maintain the coco at 90-100% saturation. This means that we water frequently, but the amounts applied each time are small. We are simply “topping off” the pots, pushing out a little run-off and bringing the coco back to full saturation."

So yeah. Could I do a lil less with more frequency? Sure. But don't think there any issue with the volume I'm running through there on a daily basis.

Last edited:
DanC520

DanC520

just wait for advice of what to do from a coco grower..

Just curious if anyone seen a plant like this. It's been odd since sprout. I guess my crappy pictures didn't highlight that enough.

Top Bottom